Status
Not open for further replies.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
the eGo batteries are regulated to 3.2v, so there is a noticable difference between those and any 3.7v mod.

And, in some circumstances, I think that the AW's or other batts with a higher C rating can make a big difference compared to their standard counterparts. - For instance, with the dual coil cartos, my IMR high drain 18650 noticeably outperforms my trustfire flame 18650's. But, I can't tell the difference at all between those batts when using a 2.4 ohm atty.

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
as i am using the eGo and what i have understood.
That buying mod won't make a difference if using the same atty's

Incorrect a Mod may have dual batteries in series this will give you either 6 volts ( 2x 3 volt ) or 7.4 volts ( 2 x 3.7 volts ) OR there are VV and regulated mods that allow you to control the voltage.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
I've never used a 3.2V-regulated eGo (my first PV eight months ago was a 3.7V Riva before mod fever kidnapped me), but my understanding and personal experience are that almost ANY mod running at 3.7V or higher will provide a superior, more satisfying vape compared to an eGo (meaning better flavor, more throat hit, and more vapor). The variation in heightened quality runs from ever-so-slightly but not very noticeably better all the way to OMG wildly, hugely better, depending on the particular mod, atty/carto, and battery.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Voltage is critical for flavor and vapor, but the resistance is also a factor. That makes wattage the factor to look at.

Capacity is the length of time a battery can deliver a given amperage (in millamps per hour). The higher the better, but higher MAH batteries last longer and take longer to charge.

As for taste and vapor, look toward the atomizer types and styles. We all have a favorite and they have unique characteristics.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
.......is there any other recommendations for VV ecigs ?

This might be an inexpensive way to check vv out. Variable Voltage Box Mod I have a 5v PT and find that I can only hit the button about two seconds on a five second draw on the attys and cartos that I use. My ego or my 3.7v e-power provide plenty of power to my attys and cartos. But then again, most folks like a little hotter vapor than I do.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
so going with a variable voltage ecig would be better to start with ??

i so the provari but the batteries offered with it are not protected (no protection circuit)
and as i am new to it i feel hesitant to go with it

is there any other recommendations for VV ecigs ?

The Provari is a fine PV with many supporters, one of the top 4 or 5 VV PV's. I prefer the Darwin in the VV group. Here are some comments about the Darwin in another thread:

"The Provari is a fine PV and has much support. I personally like the Darwin for a couple of reasons. One, the technology: Darwin is the only PV that has circuitry that senses the changes in the resistence of the atomizer/cartomizer as you vape and automatically adusts the power level to maintain a completely consistent vaping experience to your preference. Second, the battery life: I am a very heavy vaper and I get 21+ hours on a charge. Many have reported getting 30 hours or more on a charge. I plug it in at night and don't have to worry about carrying extra batteries during the day. Third, it doubles as a pass-through so you can vape while you charge. Fourth, it is the only PV, at no extra charge, that comes with a 2 year warranty on the device and a one year warranty on the battery.

The Darwin

Drew usually gets new shipments every 10 - 14 days."

The Darwin:

"I can say this really does seem to be (excuse the expession in honor of me) a "dummy proof" PV. The internal circuitry automatically adjusts the power level based on the characteristics of the atomizer/cartomizer. We all know that as you use an atomizer, the quality of the vape diminishes due to the batteries becoming weaker and the resistence within the atty changing. The Darwin compenstates automatically for these changes which is what provides the excellent consistency for hours of vaping. Although I can't verify this, several users stated that you can definitely get 24 hours of vaping without recharging and several have gotten 2 full days on a charge. And since the batteries are internal and charged just like a pass-through, there is no need to buy or carry extra batteries with this PV.

I think the Darwin is a definite "game changer" in the world of vaping. Being able to have each inhale feel like a brand new atty on fresh batteries for hours is the real selling point. And since it comes with the longest warranty in the business (2 years), it appears to be a very safe purchase and worth the cost.

The body is double hard coat anodized aluminum leaving it extremely durable with a wonderful sort of silky feel to the touch and hand. It is a bit heavy, but less heavy than Provari with an 18650 batt – probably very close to ProVari with 18490 batt.

The batteries are 2 lithium polymer cells – not prism (regular tube batts).

Darwin’s main body (atty folded in the down position) is approximately 5.5” long, about 1.12” wide and barely over ½” thick. At the atty connector (swivel) the overall width is about 1.63”. Of course whichever atty or carto we use will increase the overall length with the atty/carto in the “up” position. "

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
The Darwin look goo
any one now if they are available in the UK

Are you kidding? From what I've heard, they're barely available at all. I haven't tried but, I've heard the only way to get one is to wait till they announce they are going to be available and to be there hitting your refresh button and hope like the devil you manage to catch them in stock.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
lol
are they that good or the hype is that good

I'm sure they are that good. However, in case you haven't noticed, there are a few devices that turn people into fanatics. The provari and darwin come close but, the go-go and Reos really seem to do it. Because of this reaction, I'm certain that they are all excellent products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread