Do cartos really stink or is it just me? Can't get tank cartos to work anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisagaye

Jan 5, 2012
NC
I've been using the Smoketek 3.5ml tank and 1.7 ohm cartos as well as the 510 liquinator tank (3ml) and 3 ohm cartos. At first they worked great on my silver bullet at 3.7V, or my EGo-T battery. Then they started drying up on me even a brand new one wouldn't wick. I got a var volt lavatube and all was well for one or two tanks at 4.6V. Now I can't get brand new ones to work. Surely thay aren't all bad! What am I doing wrong? I fill the cartos and they dry up, won't wick, flood, or just plain old won't snap crackle and pop for me. Can someone please detail how to use these for me? I've tried every voltage, and several different ohms cartos. Now I am confused, frustrated, and just plain dumb and disappointed. So far my best experience is with the EGo-T tanks at 1.1ml, but they don't hold enough juice to last me a while. (I'm a juice hog.)

RayN

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Texas
Experiment a bit with punching your own cartos. 99% of all wicking problems can be fixed by adding additionl holes, enlarging holes, making them smaller to start with. Another alternative is to punch one hole near the top of the tank and one hole near the bottom on the opposite side. Takes a little experimentation and practice, but you willl find what works for your particular juice.
Search the Forum for Markfm's post on a diy punch. It works great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread