Do I have to post 5 times to be approved!

Status
Not open for further replies.

luxijen

Oct 8, 2013
California
Hi everyone! I'm Luxi, new here.
I have come onto this site because I want to purchase an e cigarette, but I want to do my homework first by asking some questions that are more suited to be answered in other sections of the forum.

Anyway, in my activation email it said I can only post on the new members area to prevent spam, up to five posts, and then it will take up to an hour to get me approved to post elsewhere on the forum.
Do I HAVE to post 5 times here so I can be approved. Common sense tells me no, but I wanted to make sure so I don't have to wait. I need to purchase a new e-cig asap, but (like I said before) I need to do the proper research first so I don't waste me' moolah, especially during this recession!
...In the meantime I AM wasting my moolah buying cigarettes until I find what brand I want... Catch 22 eh!:glare:

But yeah...

Thanks mates!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

luxijen

Oct 8, 2013
California
Thanks for answering and providing the info Racehorse! And yes... I do need help purchasing

Anyhow,

I'm looking for an e-cigarette brand that has the following qualities:

1.) Chemical free cartridge (since anti freeze aka propylene glycol is in many)

2.) Nicotine free menthol flavored cartridge (I'm going nicotine free because a medication I'm about to go on is much less affective when combined with nicotine)

3.) GOOD QUALITY e-cig/cartridges that are the most affordable.

4.) One that is timed to last as long a normal cigarette would take to smoke (if they even exist), although this is not a must. It's just with my last e cig I ended up sucking on it all day since it didn't burn out like a regular one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, any tips to keep the e-g cartridge replacement costs down would be greatly appreciated!

JustCoz

Oct 7, 2013
Brewer, ME, US
Thanks for answering and providing the info Racehorse! And yes... I do need help purchasing

Anyhow,

First off, the propylene glycol isn't in the cartridge itself, but in the ejuice that goes into it. I think you're confusing Propylene Glycol with Ethylene Glycol, the latter being the common, very dangerous to consume automotive antifreeze. Propylene Glycol is often used as a preservative, probably even in the cigarettes you used to smoke, and the antifreeze it's used in is the more expensive "pet safe" stuff. If you are set against PG, you can also get "ejuice" (the stuff you put in the cartridges) with all Vegetable Glycerin (VG) instead. Most ejuice suppliers use some mix of the two for best effect.

Propylene Glycol on Wikipedia
Propylene Glycol vs. Vegetable Glycerin E-Liquid – What’s the Difference?

2.) Nicotine free menthol flavored cartridge (I'm going nicotine free because a medication I'm about to go on is much less affective when combined with nicotine)

Most ejuice retailers offer various mixtures of nicotine, including a mix with no nicotine at all. Usually when you buy your starter kit you can choose what flavor and nicotine level it will come with, although you're at the mercy of the supplier for PG/VG mix. There are also many, many different menthol flavors to choose from. Google "ejuice" and check out the offerings of some of the suppliers.

The cartridges can usually be refilled several times. I can't speak to the quality of most of the kits, I'm new here as well ;) I wanted a cig-a-like, so after starting with a crappy little mini (which was cheap and got me interested in vaping), and then doing a bunch of research, I've ordered an Apollo Extreme starter kit. There are many other, relatively low priced and good quality options available, depending on what you're looking for, most people seem to recommend the eGo or evod. Also note the difference between manual and automatic batteries.

I am linking to these to show what the kits look like, include, and a general idea on pricing. These are almost certainly not the best prices available, just what a quick google search turns up. You should do more research, as there are probably variants on these kits that may be of further interest. You should also look up and consider the cost of replacement cartomizers and batteries, the cartomizers are refillable and batteries rechargeable, but nothing lasts forever.
Evod starter kit
eGo starter kit
Apollo Extreme starter kit

4.) One that is timed to last as long a normal cigarette would take to smoke (if they even exist), although this is not a must. It's just with my last e cig I ended up sucking on it all day since it didn't burn out like a regular one.

I don't think anything like this exists, to be honest. Most e-cigs are a combination of a battery and a cartomizer, and the cartomizer holds enough liquid to replace about a pack of cigarettes, but it's comparing apples and oranges. Even after only a week on the mini, I'm finding myself treating it less like a cigarette and more like a bottle of soda, ie you don't drink the whole bottle at once, you take a sip (puff) or two when you want to, then set it down. Getting back to the point, it takes very little liquid to replace a single cigarette, 1 or 2 drops, and I don't think the cartomizers would perform very well with that little fluid in them all the time. You also would have to carry around 20 cartomizers to replace a pack of cigarettes, and have some way to separate the filled ones from the ones to be refilled. A simpler solution would be a 5-10 minute timer on your watch or smartphone.

Last edited:

Skitty

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2013
United Kingdom
One that is timed to last as long a normal cigarette would take to smoke (if they even exist), although this is not a must. It's just with my last e cig I ended up sucking on it all day since it didn't burn out like a regular one.

Don't worry too much about how much you vape, you'll take what you need, and unless you start getting light headed, nauseous, etc. then you're not overdoing it.

Make sure you're vaping 'right' though: if you vape like you'd smoke a cig, you're getting next to no nicotine absorption, so you'll need to pretty much chain vape to get anywhere. I like to think of it as vaping like you'd smoke a cigar, if that's familiar: suck it into your mouth, not down into your lungs, and then either inhale from there or just exhale. Studies seem to support exhaling through the nose for maximum absorption but it's not definite (and sometimes I can't do that as it tickles too much, and sneezing fits are sooo attractive!), so just do whatever feels natural, have a play with the vapour and find what's best for you. But definitely drawing into the mouth initially helps avoid overly drying your throat and gets that nicotine absorption started, so you might find that cuts down your need-to time a whack.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk now Free

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Thanks for the welcome Katya! Love the cute yellow birdie avatar you got there!

Thank you. :)

Anyhow,

:evil:

Propylene glycol is not antifreeze!!!!!

Propylene glycol is added to antifreeze to make it less toxic.

You have to choose your PV first--many heads come empty and you fill them with your own juice. Almost every juice on the market can be purchased with 0 nicotine, so that's an easy part.

You really need to tell us what you're looking for. Visit our Info Zone and read up a bit on what's available--cigalikem eGo-class batteries (including variable voltage devices), APVs--the choices are many and varied.

Such thing doesn't exist. This is one of those little things about vaping that throws most of us off--at the beginning. Vaping is not like smoking--the sooner you realize this the easier your transition will be.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, any tips to keep the e-g cartridge replacement costs down would be greatly appreciated!

You really have to choose your PV first. Once you have it in your hand, we can talk about saving money. Plenty of clearomizers come with replaceable coils; those heating coils can be cleaned, dry burned, rebuilt. Juice can be had for not much money and it also can be made at home for pennies. We have a huge DIY forum--but since you're not going to use nicotine, all you'll really need is some glycerol (Vegetable Glycerin) and Propylene Glycol and food flavorings.

ericm12121977

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2013
Tulsa, OK

Anyhow,

4.) One that is timed to last as long a normal cigarette would take to smoke (if they even exist), although this is not a must. It's just with my last e cig I ended up sucking on it all day since it didn't burn out like a regular one. "

Read more: Foods & Drinks With Propylene Glycol | eHow

Not to be mean or rude, and I do feel for the misinformation that you have been fed about PG (propylene glycol). The PG found in your e-juice is of food grade and not a commercial industrial grade. You will find the e-juice PG in many of your daily items.

Propylene glycol is an odorless, colorless liquid used in the manufacture of consumer and industrial products. Generally recognized as safe (GRAS), the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approves its use as an indirect food additive. Propylene glycol is also used in cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and a wide range of other practical applications, according to the Dow website. Pharmaceutical-grade and industrial-grade are the two grades used.

As for only wanting it to last as long as a normal ciggy, then your only going to find frustration with cig-a-like e-cigs. My suggestion and that is all that it is. Look for a tank/cartomizer setup. They are beginner friendly, they allow you to choose juice that has 0mg nicotine in it and you can find many, many, many tasty flavors to try. If you have a local vapor shop in your area, please stop in and talk with them. They are great people who believe in the product and are knowlegable about the products. Many even have testers so you can try before you buy on the juices.

If you don't have a local vapor shop, start with an Ego setup first, they usually come with one or two ego style batteries, one tank and at least a 5 pack of cartomizers. They usually let you choose one juice with your kit so choose based on what you know you could vape all day. Think about the flavor of that juice and ask yourself if to much of it would annoy you. In example - like a cherry or watermelon flavor, they tend to get harsh unless blended with a milder e-juice.

I know it's confusing in the beginning, and please give it time to fulfill your needs as giving up cigarettes is a life changer. And don't worry about vaping all day or how much you vape. It is still so much better for you then cigarettes. My wife is a chain vaper and even with that she is still 10x healthier now then she was 10 months ago when she first started vaping. It took her a short amount of time to get off of cigarettes but the balance is getting your needs met through alternative means. If vaping is what it takes, do it all day every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread