Do I have what I need to try dripping? some advice for a noob please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndyJones

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2012
Clearwater, FL
floridalawweb.com
I've been vaping for 9 months. I have wanted to try dripping for a few months now but i'm on a limited budget and have been getting by nicely with my KR808D-1 equipment. I just won a contest on ECF and ordered a free 1000 mah ego twist. I have also ordered the following to go with it:
510 USB Battery Charger
510 smok Tech 2.5 Atomizer
510 Atomizer Connector, Silver
Single Empty 510 Round Cartridge
510 to 901/808-D Shorty Adapter

Am I missing anything?

I'm sure i'll want to try some atomizers with different resistance ratings. Do i need a drip tip? I have been using what i thought was a drip tip for my 808 stuff but now i know they are called comfort tips which i don't think is the same thing.

Should i get a drip shield?
I'll probably be back when i get all this stuff to figure out how to use it. For now i want to order just what i need for the bare basics needed for dripping. suggestions for other stuff like tanks or what have you is welcome. thanks for the help.

Last edited:

wolfstone5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2010
Somerset, Pennsylvania
Dr. Jones, I would definitely get yourself a drip tip or two. It's a very small investment and so very worth it. The drip shields are nice but not absolutely necessary. They do help eliminate the messes and look cool to boot. Dripping is great for trying out liquids because it produces the best flavor. You may find it a bit tiresome after a while. At least that's that's the conclusion that I finally arrived at. After vaping for over two years, I'm more into the "no hassle" devices like a Mini Vivi Nova Tank or similar products. With all the high tech gear available these days, you can find a happy medium. There are several great cartomizers/clearomizers out there as well. I got the Mini Vivi Nova for a little less than $9 and it comes with a drip tip. Good luck and congrats on your win-fall!

IndyJones

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2012
Clearwater, FL
floridalawweb.com
thank you. I did get a drip tip. dripping is tiresome indeed. However i started DYI mixing recently and the twist with an atomizer is a very handy tool for that. i sometimes still put a couple of drops on the atomizer end of my 808 cartos for a second opinion. I like the way my SI CE's work on my 808 equpment so i will wait for a sale before trying a 510 clearo. I don't get whether the tanks feed automatically or if there is something i have to do to get the juice to the atomizer.

wolfstone5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2010
Somerset, Pennsylvania
Tanks almost always have a cartomizer at the heart of their operation with holes punctured at the base. This allows a continuous flow of juice from the tank. Some of the later incarnations like the Vivi Nova are basically a CE2 (clearomizer) with a large reservoir. Atomizers are a completely different beast. There have been tanks designed for atomizers but they have been either very expensive or a dismal failure. There are feeding systems for atomizers as well like the "Drip on Demand" DOD ($16) or the VapeMate Juice Feeder ($59.95). My suggestion to you would be to get something the Mini Vivi Nova ($10) or a Vision V2 eGo Clearomizer ($5). They're relatively inexpensive and will give you a great vape with your new Twist.

IndyJones

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2012
Clearwater, FL
floridalawweb.com
I just received an ego T atomizer sent to me by the vendor by mistake. I looked at 2 helpful videos on using it. i did get that it needs to be primed before my first use, which i take to mean dripping a few drops as i would with an ordinary atomizer. does the juice get automatically sucked down into the tank?

wolfstone5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2010
Somerset, Pennsylvania
It's suppose to but...that's been an issue with just about every tank system. There's a metal spike that sticks up into the "tank" with a wick in side of it. This is suppose to draw the juice to the heating coil. Unfortunately there is a design flaw and the end result is a dry hit after you use it a few times. If you pull off the tank and reinsert it, it will work again. I've had bad experiences with the ones that I've used but you may have a winner. Good luck!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread