Do I need to use nic salts with small devices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefutureisnow

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Florida
I just purchased the uwell Calibur KOKO 11w pod device. It is very small. I am curious if I need nicotine salts to get any taste and hit when using this device. I have quite a bit of regular vape juice in 12mg and 6mg nicotine concentrations. Will that work for such a small devices or should I look into getting salt nicotine?

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
I just purchased the UWELL Calibur KOKO 11w pod device. It is very small. I am curious if I need nicotine salts to get any taste and hit when using this device. I have quite a bit of regular vape juice in 12mg and 6mg nicotine concentrations. Will that work for such a small devices or should I look into getting salt nicotine?
That really depends on your level of nicotine dependence. When I first started vaping it was at about 8w with 24mg freebase. That was before salts, and it was harder to find flavors that mixed well with the nicotine flavor. It couldn't hurt to try with the 12mg and see if that's satisfying.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Ok, thanks for the replies. My device arrives on Wednesday. I'll see how the 12mg works out.
Most of the smaller devices designed to handle nic salts work fine with freebase. I use 9mg liquid in a few pods with no problem, decent MTL.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Trying 12 sounds reasonable but many folks can tolerate higher freebase nic than that if you need more nicotine. It will depend on the vape output and it sounds like you will get it figured out. I started with nic salts and moved to freebase I actually prefer them.;

Anna

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Freebase vaper here,
I use 5-6mg/ml with my RTAs and RDAs.
In pod devices, anything under 25mg/ml is unsatisfying, flavored air.

Cheers
I
On a whim, I filled an Orion pod with my 6mg choco mint DIY. I'm missing the kick of 50mg salt I normally use in this but it's far from unflavored air lol. But the OP, you can probably get away with 12mg or higher freebase in the Caliburn. It's all dependent on your tolerance to nicotine. The higher you go the more you're gonna feel it. The Caliburn is a decent device for its size and performance. Good choice. Did I mention the Orion? Lost vape Orion and the Orion q. The q doesn't have adjustable output but it's a damn decent little thing. Doesnt leak either like most pods I've tried. The Caliburn isnt too leaky either but you do need to swab out the area where the pod fits from time to time with a qtip.

BobbyV

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2011
Dallas Texas
I've used sub ohm tanks with 3 mg nicotine juice since 2012. I have a habit of chain vaping which led to complaints from the wife about the clouds of vapor always in the air. I knew that devices like the Uwell Caliburn produced considerably less vapor and that you could switch to a higher nic content on these devices. I decided to try the Caliburn with a 50 mg nic salt juice. The Caliburn did produce way less vapor (good) but the 50 mg nic salt was too strong (bad) so I diluted it to about 25 mg. I find this combination perfect for evenings at home, or when in the car, and the wife has stopped .....ing about the clouds of vapor. I also find that I don't chain vape the Caliburn like I do with the sub ohm tank with 3 mg juice. And my juice consumption has decreased dramatically as I now limit my sub ohm use to outdoors.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I just purchased the UWELL Calibur KOKO 11w pod device. It is very small. I am curious if I need nicotine salts to get any taste and hit when using this device. I have quite a bit of regular vape juice in 12mg and 6mg nicotine concentrations. Will that work for such a small devices or should I look into getting salt nicotine?

It really depends upon your own individual needs...

I can easily vape 4 mg ejuice in a pod but that's because I'm more hand-to-mouth dependant than I am nicotine dependant.

Nicotine salts are PH balanced to reduce the throat hit so that you can use higher levels of nicotine in lower daily consumption devices like pods..

Generally, if you need more than 18mg/ml in your device, you'll find yourself happier with salts because it won't tear your throat up... anything less (like 12mg) and you will likely be perfectly happy with regular nicotine ejuice..

Trendyvure

Oct 2, 2017
upload_2020-9-25_13-48-32.png

This is not a flash drive, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread