The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Do more eh

Discussion in 'HappyVaper' started by larktdl, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. larktdl

larktdl Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 7, 2009
    Strathmore, AB
    Just ordered a bottle of no nic Do more eh.
    Should be pretty good mixed with a bit of PG, flavourless nic and
    FA Desert Ship.

2. larktdl

Oct 7, 2009
    Strathmore, AB
    Got my order today.

Trying out the Do More Eh (no nic). Very similar in taste to the Do More Eh from Vapables (acutally, I think it is the same stuff).

It is a very good vape.
    In a new atty and cart (on the eGo using the cone) the vapour and flavour is excellent.

BTW the juice bottle is labeled vapables.com

Now, the question is .... should I add flavourless or flavoured nic to it or leave it as is? Thinking of trying 2 ml Do More Eh and 1 ml 24 mg DK-Tab

Jack: thanks for the freebies.

3. angelique510

angelique510 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

So...don't keep us in suspense. What does it taste like?

Anybody read the "Rebecca" by Daphne DuMaurier? It's my favorite book. But not helpful in figuring out this flavor.

~A

4. larktdl

Oct 7, 2009
    Strathmore, AB
    Hmmm, good question. I am not much for describing tastes/flavours. For us Canucks it is pretty much what we would expect for flavour and taste from a analog. It resembles the Canadian analog brand DuMaurier. Most who have vaped it agree.

For more information on reviews of Do More Eh refer to the thread
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/canadian-members/64096-du-maurier.html

Of course the reviews/comments in the other thread are for the Do More Eh with nic, the stuff from Jack has no nic.

BTW, I have mixed it: It is better left as is.

5. smokum

smokum Canadian Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Instead of trying to bring back up the flavour with desert ship..... try it with FA Virginia as that worked pretty good for me at bringing back the peppery taste the Do More Eh has untouched.

VapeOn,
    Greg

6. larktdl

Oct 7, 2009
    Strathmore, AB
    Thanks Greg. Will give it a try the next time I make a batch. What proportions are you using?

7. smokum

smokum Canadian Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I can't say what will work in your case for your personal desired appeal as I also up-boost my juice to 36mg which I expect changes the characteristics greatly.

I'd suggest if using the FA Virginia to start out at 1 drop per 3ml (of your already blended batch of VG or PG **I suggest VG as the PG base of the DME is already quite thin** and your flavourless to desired strength). That way if you find it not flavoured strong enough you can add another drop and taste test (remember to shake it well and expect after about an hour of stand time that the flavours will better blend), until you feel you've got it right for "you".

I often will attempt a drop of Vodka to a finished test batch which I find helps give it an "edge" for those times I may be getting bored with a juice, just to pick it up a bit.

Keep your test batch sizes small, and keep a record of your ingredients and qty's as you go (you have no idea how many times I just wing it and have come out with an awesome juice which I can't seem to replicate because of not keeping a record -DOH-).

Most importantly..... EXPERIMENT...... Its fun, and gives you a great sense of accomplishment when you've created something yourself that you've tailored to enjoy. And in comparison to what I've been saving over the analogs I've cut out (approx savings of 2 pks a day), I'm still way ahead of the game with money to spare for playing with this amusing hobby.

VapeOn,
    Greg

8. angelique510

Jack sent me some DuMarier to try. It is very yummy. I don't get a tobacco taste from it though. It tastes like hay. It reminds me of a late October hay ride.

I don't know if I would want to vape this alone all the time. It might be very good mixed with Shade (my favorite tobacco flavor so far) and some sweetener. And that way I can add some nic to it. I suppose if one wanted DuMaurier by itself with nicotine, adding a few drops of the 99% nic I have seen for sale would do it without altering the flavor much.

I'm still on my quest to mix the Blucigs Classic Tobacco flavor. Anyone have any luck with that and come up with a recipe?

~A

P.S. Hey Jack- if you can get DuMaurier flavoring concentrate - it would make a lot of us Happy happy happy :)

9. angelique510

FA Virginia drops taste similar - like hay, but it is much sweeter. I'll be ordering a big bottle of DuMaurier on Friday :)

~A

10. Lord_Vapor

Lord_Vapor Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 16, 2010
    Winnipeg
    I picked up some Camel 24mg from evapers.com. To me this Camel has a what I would describle as a hay taste to it. You might want to try picking up some of that to mix it with the Dumaurier. I have neither smoked or vaped any DuMaurer flavors so I really couldnt say how close the camel comes to it in taste. The camel I find is a nice taste I dont think you would be disappointed with it as a stand alone vape even if you found it didnt mix well with the Do More Eh flavor.

11. Lord_Vapor

Lord_Vapor Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 16, 2010
    Winnipeg
    As a side note, the Desert ship flavor from happy Vaper is very simmilar to the camel I was referring to. If you have had Jack's Desert Ship tobacco flavor you could use that as a flavor of referrence.

12. angelique510

I got two big bottles of DuMaurier Saturday. Love it!! The no nic juice is just fine for me. I think I smoke and vape more from tactile habit than nicotine addiction. The price is a little high, but I am sure that is because of what Jack has to pay for it from his supplier. It is still cheaper than the only other store that sells this flavor - they claim it is exclusive to them.

Flavor Art Virginia drops are very close. It is the only other tobacco flavor that has that fresh hay taste. I might try a drop or two to make the DuMaurier a bit stronger.

As a side note - someone suggested I try FA drops at 8-12% instead of the recommended 1-2% All I can say is WOW! It makes a huge difference - really brings out the subtler "under-taste" of the flavors. I know that is a lot of drops - but with Happy's prices, it is still pretty cheap.

~A

13. Happy Jack

Happy Jack Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Hey Angelique!

Really glad to hear you're enjoying the DoMoreEh!

With respect to the other supplier (Vapables), the DoMoreEh liquid IS actually exclusive to them but they were kind enough to allow us to purchase the nic-free version to supply to our customers! Thanks, Vapables!

WOW! 8-12%, eh? Hardcore! Look forward to hearing more from you soon!

All the best and Happy Vaping!
    Jack

14. angelique510

Hey- it only means I will be ordering refills from you more often :D:D

~A

15. marclap

marclap Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 28, 2010
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    So it is the same juice? Humm... I really enjoyed the DoMoreEh I got from vapables... thinking about vaping no-nic juice at night... I might order this one!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.