Do nicotine levels effect the flavor of juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relix

Jul 29, 2013
Chandler Arizona
I am new to vaping, 1 month and 1 day analog free.. At first I vaped Pink Spot juices because that is what the store I got my first PV sold..sine then I have been on a tasting spree, you name it Alice in Vapeland , AVE , Roar, Halo, virgin vapor, ahlusion , vapolious you name it.. I am now settling into my vaping grove and have come to the realize that I don't need 24mg ejuice.. I am also narrowing down what I like from what vendors, my question is will lowering the nicotine level change the way the juice tastes?

p.S.

How does changing the PG/VG effect flavor?

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
It pretty much goes this way:

VG is for more plume and a bit of sweetness
PG is for flavor

As I prefer blends of those two, I often go with the percentage mix that the supplier recommends as this is what they feel is the best combo for their particular mix of flavors added. Most of mine are 60/40 or 70/30 with an occasional 80/20.

I find the addition of VG to also soften some of the harshness I had with some of my original not so great liquids.

I don't notice much flavor change between 24 and 18. But, when I go to 12 it seems weak or perhaps less robust overall.

Last edited:

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
0 nic will be the truest flavor of whatever flavor you are vaping

This is true.

It is also true that higher levels of nicotine and higher concentrations of PG will mean a harsher throathit, which is certain to affect how you perceive the flavor. Throathit comes from nicotine. VG masks some of it. PG lets more of it through. So, if you have a high nic liquid that is mostly PG, the flavor will be very different from a zero nic juice or one that's all or mostly VG.

I would try varying one and then the other. Changing two variables at the same time doesn't let you isolate which one had the desired or undesidered effect. Change three or more variables (like adding new delivery devices, new coil resistance, new battery) and you're participating in a chaos theory experiment.

TN_Snoopy

Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
Cookeville, TN
I am currently at 0 nic. I started at 18. Found a small bottle of one of my favorite juices the other day that was a 6mg, and tried it... tasted horrible. So, I started sampling some stuff. Turns out, nic has a flavor all it's own. Trying to think of how to describe it.... it's got that "tingle" or "burn" that bacon has when you eat it (does NOT taste like bacon, however).

Anyway, as nic level rises, so does that tingle/burn flavor. That, mixing with the flavor of the PG and/or VG, and the flavoring thats in the mix, changes it. Just like adding salt to fries, or pepper to grits. I would have to agree that the truest flavor comes from 0 nic, but that may or may not be the best flavor. It depends entirely on whether or not you like the flavor of nic. So... Want to find out? Get a bottle of your favorite juice, and order a small bottle of the exact same mix with 0 nic. Test them. That's the best way to find out what kind of difference you will see... or... rather... taste!

Happy vaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread