The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Do they even make it... Slightly disgruntled (Ego-V)

Discussion in 'eGo Type Models' started by Duke23, Oct 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Duke23

Duke23 Full Member

Aug 3, 2013
    SC, USA
    So a little back story. A couple weeks ago I went looking for a VV battery in a local store and finally found one... An unbranded "Ego VV Mega" (or so it said on the bag it came in, lol). The manager spoke highly of it and said he uses one himself and that it's great. Well I can't argue with him, it's pretty great. LCD screen, 3-6v, puff counter, passthrough, lasts me about 2 days and is great for around the house... Before I got this, I was still thinking "Why would I need a VV battery? Well now I understand. But it's big. And the rubber button is already starting to come apart after a couple weeks use and pocket travel. So I went on FastTech.com (before I found out the rubber button issue) and ordered an "Ego-V 650mah" which I thought would be exactly the same but without the size. It just came in the mail today and I'm a little disappointed. I was reading the manual and it says it CANNOT be used as a passthrough, of course I tried anyway and it can't. I saw a post from someone else who bought the same thing, apparently it's a "safety issue". The passthrough is the entire reason I bought this instead of a Twist... And it still absolutely dwarfs my Ego-T 650 and is only about an inch shorter than the 1200mah bad boy, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I can't deny that regardless of the things I don't like, I got a pretty good deal on this thing. But what I'd really really like is a smaller Ego-V style battery with the LCD for voltage and battery life (don't care about the puff counter) and the hard plastic button like on the V2 Mega 1300's and regular old Ego T/Cs. And of course a passthrough. I know a lot of you are probably wondering why in the world I'd want a smaller battery but it's mostly for taking with me on the go, I'd really rather leave the big one at the house or in the car because it's just a little unwieldy and I don't mind charging nightly.

Am I asking for something that doesn't exist, or is it hiding somewhere? If there's a reasonably sized Twist / Spinner passthrough that I've somehow missed, I'd settle for that right now. I'm open to recommendations also... And while I'm on it, the larger one I bought only seems to use 2 out of 4 battery bars for some reason. Not a huge deal but for all that, why not just put the battery icon in two halves instead of giving me false hope? Thanks for reading my wall of text. I'd pay good money for what I'm asking for, but I fear it doesn't exist.

2. Ladiekali

Ladiekali Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 1, 2013
    Coastal Georgia
    Innokin mvp2 fits in the palm of your hand vv and vw and a pass thru and youncan use phone charger

3. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I've been waiting for the same thing since I started here. Can't add an xtra function w/o adding xtra length.

For me, I'm fine with an unregulated 3.7-4.2 volt battery, so I just stick with having the passthru option and use a well made 650Mah Joye ego Upgrade selectable voltage model.

If your desire is more to the small VV side- get a 400Mah vision.

4. Duke23

Duke23 Full Member

Aug 3, 2013
    SC, USA
    Ladiekali I like the MVP2 but it's still larger than what I want to carry around. I do plan on getting one in the near future though :toast:

r77r7r I understand it's going to be a bit bigger than the standard Egos and those actually feel a little stubby to me now, but it's like there's an extra inch or so in there that's just unnecessary. It's so close to the size of the 1200mah one that there's no point in carrying it instead, without the passthrough. I don't get how something almost double the capacity can be only slightly bigger. I think I'm gonna end up with a smaller Spinner/Twist like you mentioned. Actually a 650mah of either would probably be perfect, I'd just be missing the passthrough (my "just in case" fallback option for when it dies at the worst time and my backup(s) have mysteriously exploded or been locked inside my car with the keys... you get the idea)

5. Duke23

Duke23 Full Member

Aug 3, 2013
    SC, USA
    20131028_213412.jpg

This is what I'm talking about... lol

Edit: It looks like the new SLBs might have the button I'm looking for, but descriptions don't tend to match the pictures.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.