Do We Need To Stock Up Because Of The Ban?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikie Likes It

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
Can anyone tell me their opinion and share some information about the possible ban coming up? I have not been following and I read somewhere that it is on the 17th? Is that this month? Do you think I will need to start stocking up, and if so do you think there is still enough time for shipping? If the ban goes into place will they seize packages already in route?

Chief-A-Lot

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2009
Spring, TX
www.springvapor.com
Can anyone tell me their opinion and share some information about the possible ban coming up? I have not been following and I read somewhere that it is on the 17th? Is that this month? Do you think I will need to start stocking up, and if so do you think there is still enough time for shipping? If the ban goes into place will they seize packages already in route?

I guess it would be more of a personal choice... I for one have stocked up. If you have the means to do so and/or wouldnt suffer from stocking up on supplies then by all means go for it! If the ban happens or not, Im sure your stocked up supplies will go to use if it does not happen. If it does, well kudos to you for having been prepared. Dont forget, DONT buy all kind of stuff if you have to wait 2 months to eat... That being said, only time will tell.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida

Mike--first off, on August 17th there is another hearing on the Preliminary Injuction requested by SE and njoy. After that hearing there will be post hearing motions filed and a ruling more then likely by September 15th at the latest.

As for stocking up, do what you think is right for you--I have been doing it for 9 months now so I have no concerns about the ban other then the "ban" itself. Remember the FDA is not looking for a ban--only applications and submissions for approval. That to me is a de-facto ban as you would not be able to get product again legally until and if they are approved should the FDA prevail, which at this point looks very likey as Judge Leon does not have much to hang his hat on.

Sun

Mikie Likes It

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
Thank you guys for the information, and I do have the means to do so. Can I ask, if the ban takes place, and owning or buying ecigs/stuff would be illegal, will ordering from suppliers on line be a thing of the past? Would people still be able to order small packages from other countries? I am seriously shaken up by this news. This is saving my life and my health. I have Crohns disease and have been sick for 2 straight years. I quit smoking analogs and picked up the ecig, and after two months I am in perfect condition. Im working again, I feel better, taste better, breath better and Im happier.

You information is much appreicated, thanks in advance.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Thank you guys for the information, and I do have the means to do so. Can I ask, if the ban takes place, and owning or buying ecigs/stuff would be illegal, will ordering from suppliers on line be a thing of the past? Would people still be able to order small packages from other countries? I am seriously shaken up by this news. This is saving my life and my health. I have Crohns disease and have been sick for 2 straight years. I quit smoking analogs and picked up the ecig, and after two months I am in perfect condition. Im working again, I feel better, taste better, breath better and Im happier.

You information is much appreicated, thanks in advance.

Mike--owning will never be an issue--it is the importing, sale, and marketing that are in issue. Getting small packages in to circumvent the FDA is not a good idea should the FDA prevail, but many will try and I care not to take that route--best to buy before a de facto ban.

Sorry to hear about the Crohns but glad to hear you have it in check. Save yourself the stress and just get some stock in so you can whether the storm if and when it hits.

Sun

rocketvapor

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2009
Rockledge, FL
I've been following the traffic on the possiblle FDA ban on this site, and I think we will prevail. Here's why:

We're pretty resourceful. I'm an aerospace engineer, and I work with electrical engineers. If the FDA prevails, I'm pretty sure I could hand my PV to one of them, and they could reverse engineer it in a heatbeat. Of course, early prototypes would be bulky and ugly, but we would finally find a way make our own. Many of you on the modders forum here have already done some impressive things with your standard rigs. The only setback would be that the price would surely go up since we don't have the cheap labor force and materials the Chinese have.

I don't think any FDA ban would slow us down for a minute. We may have to go underground, but I'm pretty sure I'd see vapers standing outside restaurants toking away on jury-rigged set-ups!

Hey, if they'd banned tobacco, many of us (pre e cig) would have grown our own plants and found a way to roll our own cigarettes. This is no different. It's not rocket science, people, and I should know. Hang in there, and don't panic. Sure, stock up on cheap supplies while you can, but don't throw yourself off the bridge just yet.

waveho

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
I think it's wise to have a few extra batteries, attys, and a few vials of liquid, but beyond that is a personal choice. Even in the worst case scenario, an FDA banning, you should be able to acquire the necessary components from overseas until the domestic black market catches up. (Not that I'd ever advocate breaking the law of course....) But that's worst case; I think most likely there will be some delay tactic of some kind that may make the e-cig industry murkier until reason prevails--but that could take a month or so--hence, the need for some existing supply.

rocketvapor

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2009
Rockledge, FL
Rocket--there are many of us out here that do not what to "go underground"---For me, and many others--Thanks, but no thanks my friend.

Sun

I agree whole-heartedly.

I would hope that "underground" would be temporary. But, like you, I am in general opposed to the concept. Keep the faith.

HopingToQuit

ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2009
Rocket--there are many of us out here that do not what to "go underground"---For me, and many others--Thanks, but no thanks my friend.

Sun

I am an otherwise law abiding person but this is just different. How could the FDA or any government agency really control this. I see no shortage of illegal drugs or counterfeit goods being peddled on most any street corner so how is this any different.
Its different to me because this time its a pure and deliberate lie about public health or safety and the truth will prevail. Oh ya how long did prohibition work? I will go underground above ground or any route to beat this.
This hole thing just Pisses me to no end!!!:mad:
i

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
I am an otherwise law abiding person but this is just different. How could the FDA or any government agency really control this. I see no shortage of illegal drugs or counterfeit goods being peddled on most any street corner so how is this any different.
Its different to me because this time its a pure and deliberate lie about public health or safety and the truth will prevail. Oh ya how long did prohibition work? I will go underground above ground or any route to beat this.
This hole thing just Pisses me to no end!!!:mad:
i

Hope--we are are. I would like to see some results and testing done, but they could be done in an expedited fashion.

For example--would it not be nice to know that the e-cig does not contain the infamous china lead paint like on their toys? I know my atomizers do not as I had them tested. Is the manufacturer going to reimburse me for finding that out? How about the solider--does it contain lead---I do not know yet where a test for that can be done, but I am looking for a source again at my own expense.

What would be ideal would be to see regulation and standards set without taking the e-cig off the market. Some of these tests are not that time consuming to preform. That is why I advocate that SE and NJOY try to settle their case with the FDA based on a fast track to approval.

Sun

AnglVapin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2009
Cajunland - Louisiana

Sun

I agree completely....

However, if the time comes and anyone needs anything...drop me a line, as I feel certain I have stocked enough for 20 die hard vapors! :D

A gal can joke, now can't she??? LOL ;)

Back on a serious note, I am against all talk of "underground" operations. I sort of like my freedom to come and go as I please and I would make a lousey "trustee" serving chow to the other inmates. :p

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
I agree completely....

However, if the time comes and anyone needs anything...drop me a line, as I feel certain I have stocked enough for 20 die hard vapors! :D

A gal can joke, now can't she??? LOL ;)

Back on a serious note, I am against all talk of "underground" operations. I sort of like my freedom to come and go as I please and I would make a lousey "trustee" serving chow to the other inmates. :p

LOL--Angl--a classic indeed. I sure as yeck am not showing up in some dark alley meeting some seedy dude asking me "Hey Dude, I got the 801's, the 901's, 510's, name it Man, at 50 bucks an atomizer it is a steal. Oh and by the way MAN, I don't take no paypal as I ain't anybodies "pal"--cash only BUDDY!!!!!!"----

LOL---not for me Angl.

Sun

Shreck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2009
Olivet, Michigan, United States
Wow.. I cant believe the scare that has been put into some people. I personally think you all are seriously overreacting to all of this.. If you have been around here a while you will remember that this happened not too long ago as well, and see what happened??
Nothing except all the suppliers made out like bandits cause everyone thought they needed to stock up and hoard the supplies and juice..
You all need to get realistic here..

Yes, that is my opinion and I am entitled to it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread