Status
Not open for further replies.

bizzyb0t

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Denver CO, USA
twitter.com
Reading the e-cig forums and watching e-cig videos, I see a lot of posts where people are criticizing an e-cig that has a "too short" of a cutoff.

Now what gets me is this... when I smoked analogs, I'd choke to death taking a 10 second drag. Secondly, the amount of smoke I used to get from my analogs is practically surpassed by my e-cig and it has a 2 second cutoff! Then, we have "mods" and manual switches. What are the purpose of these mods and these manual switches? To get an infinite cutoff and inhale the equivalent of an entire cigarette in one go? If you tried to inhale an analog for 10 seconds straight you'd probably die. Okay, not die but seriously... ever took a 10 second drag? That'd be like smoking half a cigarette at once!

And the vapor production. Why does it need to be SO MUCH? You'd think we were trying to emulate hookahs not cigarettes the way we chase the "most vapor". How much vapor do we need? If it's as much a cigarette, I don't see why you'd want more vapor!

We've got people carrying around battery packs meant to keep complex electronics like laptops and emergency equipment running tethered to their e-cig so they can vape like smoke stacks. It's kind of ridiculous!!

I'd never get a Magnum/Screwdriver/GG but at least if you get one, you're committing to being excessive and going balls to the walls. Using a device like that, is like roasting your hotdogs over a blowtorch.

I think it's just crazy... it's like people are taking vaping to the extreme. Before vaping, what would we say if someone "modded" a cigarette and made it thick as a firehose or made it two feet long and smoked it?

:evil:

billyboy689

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2008
australia
i like a lot of vapour and no cut off and all i can answer your question with is a picture of one of my mods

billycig1bj9.jpg

happy vaping

bizzyb0t

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Denver CO, USA
twitter.com

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
It's an interesting one, Bizzy. I was a tobacco pipe smoker - most of the time I was looking for lots of smoke that goes into the mouth and out again, very infrequently inhaling and then only if I wanted a monster hit. If you vape like that then the quantity of vape matters, as does the length of time before cut-off. Vaping and pipe-smoking have certain similarities - a tobacco pipe will just go out if you don't keep puffing fairly frequently. Having a few drags and then putting it down is very like vaping imho. I was always annoyed by the way cigarettes kept burning when I wasn't smoking them.

Effex

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
NYC
As e-cigs start to wear out after constant use, it is that much more important to have longer cut-offs. If you're vaping on an e-cig w/ a 2-3 second cut-off 1-3 months down the line (as your atomizer is nearing its end and batteries are getting worse), you will need to draw harder to get the same vapor and throat hit, which just won't satisfy those who like a nice throat hit.

somberbear

Mar 15, 2009
............... your right we should all vape like you do, we should never push technology past what it is or could be.

i find vapors density vs cig smoke not even in the same catagory.... i carry 1 battery , but i have a 801 cause it gives me 2 or 3 great hits that i actualy need an hour. i need say 2 drags , then i put down the ecig , but i dont do that with a cig i just wait my 5 and puff....

the ecig gives me one thing i dont have in cigs which is flexibility to customize what i need or what i want.

i used to smoke camel reds cause they tasted differnt , i also used to smoke cigars too.... cig tobacco cigars ... that would probably be a magnum in comparison i guess....

the reason im building my magnum is for my camping trip... i dont wanna recharge batterys or worry about it running out , and i dont want analogs .... i wanted a good water proofed sealed device that could last me days.... the magnum will deliver i hope.

to each there own but most the time i got 11mg or 18mg juice around... which when i started i tried 24 and 36 and that was insane... so i thinned it out ... i cant do that with cigs as easy... i would have to smoke what i got then switch to lites...

but i smoked a pack a day... you dont use a ecig like you do a regular cig.... and i think you might be projecting some of your own issues with control of a habit on every one else.

Phalse

ECF Veteran
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu
  • Reason: OT

Phalse

ECF Veteran
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu
  • Reason: OT
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread