Do you alternate between devices throughout the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
Midlands, United Kingdom
I ask this question because i'm thinking about buying two more Spinner batteries so i can alternate between three of them to make sure every vape is satisfactory. Somtimes i notice when i vape that i get a great satisfaction for about 5 minutes, and then the vapor and throat hit wears off, why is this? is it because the battery is hot, or the clearomizer? This obviously leads me to having to put the cig down, and sometimes if my nicotine isn't satisfied i get a bit frustrated.

To solve this i'm wondering if alternating between three seperate devices would be better? Vape one for 5 minutes and then switch over to another one?

Patrick21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
Midlands, United Kingdom

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
That wasn't a link to the particular kit you got but it looks like all of them come with top coil CE4 clearos. If you don't keep tipping and rolling those around to keep the coil at the top wet vapor production can drop and go harsh as well. I've never like them because of that.

If you want to stay with a clearo but eliminate that problem consider getting anything bottom coil in the Kanger or Aspire line, Since the coil is at the bottom as long as there is liquid in there they work a lot more consistently without needing to tip and roll it all over the place to keep the coil wet.

Lexx

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2014
United Kingdom
Might be time to upgrade to a harder-hitting device.

I'd suggest having a good read on here and maybe asking for some help in choosing an upgrade.

Doesn't have to be expensive either, a modest investment accompanied by learning about advanced devices and you can have a PV that will literally last a lifetime and is very cheap to run.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
When I was vaping clearos I used to have three going whenever I could. One or two puffs off each and move on. Kept vapers tongue at bay and I could chain vape when I wanted or needed to.

I've since moved on to RBAs and RDAs and don't have to do that anymore. Having said that, I'm vaping a Genisis and a Trident alternately right now just cause I feel like it. Variety is nice ;)

BigCatDaddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Near Austin, Texas
I ask this question because i'm thinking about buying two more Spinner batteries so i can alternate between three of them to make sure every vape is satisfactory. Somtimes i notice when i vape that i get a great satisfaction for about 5 minutes, and then the vapor and throat hit wears off, why is this? is it because the battery is hot, or the clearomizer? This obviously leads me to having to put the cig down, and sometimes if my nicotine isn't satisfied i get a bit frustrated.

To solve this i'm wondering if alternating between three seperate devices would be better? Vape one for 5 minutes and then switch over to another one?

I have 6 devices laid out here at the moment. I like having different flavors at the ready. For me, it's more of a taste bud thing I think. After a few vapes, the flavor gets kinda, I dunno, boring, so I switch. I'll be heading out for b'fast soon and will probably take 3 with me. No, four!! No, three should do it. No, five, just in case. Aw shoot, I'll just skip b'fast and have a few more vapes instead!!

Lexx

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2014
United Kingdom
Thanks for the replies people. I have been looking at reviews of the Kanger EVOD on youtube and they seem good, should i go with this? Will this be a good match for my Spinner battery?

The Evod is a nice upgrade from the standard clearo.

Also check out the Protank Mini 2. The best of the little Kanger tanks and it's nicely made, all ss and pyrex.

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
I switch around depending on mood ect. I have Itaste MPV with Iclear 30 and 30S. But when I want to burn less juice or not as strong of hit I go to my Ego-C with protank2. Smoke my Ego-C and switch to my MPV I can feel the nicotine rush at first. Nothing wrong with having a few systems to switch it around.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    When I was vaping clearos I used to have three going whenever I could. One or two puffs off each and move on. Kept vapers tongue at bay and I could chain vape when I wanted or needed to.

I've since moved on to RBAs and RDAs and don't have to do that anymore. Having said that, I'm vaping a Genisis and a Trident alternately right now just cause I feel like it. Variety is nice ;)

+1
    I always have three PV's going, and who knows which one I will take a hit off of next. Each has a different flavor of liquid, and alternating allows the flavors to taste fresh, and the batteries to stay cool.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    I never go out without at least two devices. Different flavors, yes, but I call it "backup."

But the CE4, as mentioned, (along with all top coil units) does require the twirl Rick mentioned. Otherwise subject to vapor fall-off and burning.

The Evod is a nice little topper, and would look fine on your Spinner. It's big brother, the T3S (or MT3S for metal clad) holds nearly twice as much, vapes about the same, and also works fine. As do the referenced PT2 mini and it's look-alike the Anyvape mini.

LEDBETTER122

ECF Veteran
    Dec 19, 2013
    Alabama
    I have had bad experiences with the Evod tank (Not personally, but my gf brother has one and has nothing but problems), If the right amount of wick and the right coil is not used it will leak everywhere. I would maybe look into a kanger mini protank, I personally owned one and had no problems with it leaking or anything.

Another thing the airflow is not good at all, for some reason the bottom part that screws into an ego connection is too short and when its screwed down it blocks the airflow (BTW he has all airholes drilled to 5/16, and still hits like a un-drilled CE4).

Unless you like constricted airflow, I personally have my RDA drilled to 7/64.

Buggainok

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 1, 2014
    oklahoma city ok usa
    Thanks for the replies people. I have been looking at reviews of the Kanger EVOD on youtube and they seem good, should i go with this? Will this be a good match for my Spinner battery?

I have two Spinners and really like using the Evods with them. I think that is a good choice. They fit nicely and are easy to maintain.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    I have had bad experiences with the Evod tank (Not personally, but my gf brother has one and has nothing but problems), If the right amount of wick and the right coil is not used it will leak everywhere. I would maybe look into a kanger mini protank, I personally owned one and had no problems with it leaking or anything.

Another thing the airflow is not good at all, for some reason the bottom part that screws into an ego connection is too short and when its screwed down it blocks the airflow (BTW he has all airholes drilled to 5/16, and still hits like a un-drilled CE4).

Unless you like constricted airflow, I personally have my RDA drilled to 7/64.

What you're saying applies to pretty much all clearos. Sorry to hear that your gf bro has issues, but it's not fair to judge them all by one bad apple.

I have several Evods, T3S, PT, PT mini, etc, and have only ever had problems with one - drilled too low, as you mention. But only chokes off on one of my batteries, and a 510 to ego adapter lets it work there as well.

Many of the bottom coils devices have a tendency to loosen the head when opening them to fill. Always check for that before putting back together. And, when the coil starts to gunk up, we have a tendency to draw harder, since it's not doing its job as well. That can pull excess liquid up the air tube, leading to leaks. It's often normal wear and tear, and user action, that makes them less than optimal.

Draw is a purely personal preference. Some think the PT line are too airy, some like them just fine, and it seems you feel they're too tight. Not a problem, but a choice each of us can make.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread