Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Some things, yeah. But I'm lucky to have 2 places that offer curbside service near me - one is the farmer's market and the other is a local grocery market. So I order online when it makes the most sense but do most of my shopping via curbside - order/pay in advance, they bring it out and put it in your car. Might be worth checking if anywhere near you does this.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
My wife has ordered twice from the local Kroger since before the shutdown. They charge $10 to deliver, but we only do it once a week or so. Beats getting into the unknown atmosphere at the store. I know they sanitize daily, but you never know.

Oh, to be 18 again and have a strong immune system! I'm in good shape and exercise several times a week with a stationary bicycle and free weights, but I'm over 65. No sense taking chances with Covid-19.

Last edited:

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    I've never bought groceries online but I'm highly interested in it due to the virus. I have Costco and Walmart near me, but I'm not sure if they deliver groceries. I've heard of Instacart but I'm not sure how it works.

Anyone with experience?

Thanks
    I’ve had some deliveries from Walmart but not every thing is available for delivery. If you order 40 dollars worth (not hard) shipping is free.

Reactions: DaveP

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    It hardly matters in my case, I just sanitize my hands a lot. I mean, I 'm a healthcare worker. I saw one woman go in in scrubs, a N95 mask and GLOVES, only they looked like what she was wearing for the day and probably infecting everyone.

Unless it comes straight from the back--eech. I saw a normal LOOKING woman reach in touch and rearrange everything,.

Anna

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    For meats keep an eye on the shopping clubs like HSN. Omaha steaks is another place for meats. Walmart - been shopping online seems forever. Use to have meats, milk, bread and every thing until few months ago they stopped it. Now paper goods, can good, dry goods , soda seltzer etc but right now most products are out of stock its a hit & miss you might find something or not.

Just as this started up I picked up two large cans of powder milk and one large can powdered eggs from Walmart. The milk is great! Eggs are fair. Both have a ten year shelf life & well worth it!

Another place DOLLAR GENERAL

When all this calms down I expect Walmart to be back to where they were before fully stocked. Walmart saved my life no kidding I am in NYC - haven't been outside since before March 11th.

Reactions: stols001

PPineapple

Jan 14, 2019
    I visit the shop which is just a couple of minutes by car and 8 minutes on foot. The only food I order online is just pizza and sushi, that's all. Though among all these gadgets robot vacuums like this, cables, and computer parts I order exclusively online, I can't stand visiting shops and listening to annoying staff workers there.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I do not, mainly because I have heard horror stories about it. I'm not down for it. I don't think it's unreasonably unsafe with a mask and gloves, used correctly.. I still have a fever but it's now under 100 most of the time. It remains annoying.

I think AZ be loosening up though, I saw very few folks in PPE even the homemade kind. I am still like, "STAY 6 FEET away for your OWN PROTECTION man."

Anna

Wow1420

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 17, 2013
    Somewhere out there
    I've never bought groceries online but I'm highly interested in it due to the virus. I have Costco and Walmart near me, but I'm not sure if they deliver groceries. I've heard of Instacart but I'm not sure how it works.

Anyone with experience?

Thanks

I've been ordering from Amazon Fresh. About once every 2 weeks. Selection isn't always the widest, but good enough.

I keep thinking I should go out myself, but I live in an Apt. and all my neighbors are elderly. And I don't want to be the one to bring it into the building. As far as that goes, I guess I'm officially elderly too, now that I've turned 65.

ppeeble

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 9, 2013
    Poole UK
    The biggest thing i've noticed about using online ordering and delivery is that the store i use (only one available, no options for new customers elsewhere) invariably send stuff with a very short shelf life.
    Not only do they charge for delivery they also use the service to get rid of stock that's just about to go out of date. :nah:

Wow1420

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 17, 2013
    Somewhere out there
    I did before covid, walmart, pickup. Worked pretty well then, now everything is always out of stock.. I know they do offer delivery, never used it though.

I did a Walmart pickup order yesterday. It was great, they had everything I wanted, although not necessarily my first choice of brands. The parking lot was jammed from people going into the store, but I was the only one in the pickup parking area in the 10 minutes I was there.
    Past 3 weeks I was going into Aldi, but each time they've been out of stock on multiple items I wanted.
    I've avoided that Walmart for over a year because it's always horribly over-crowded, but pickup was a breeze.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    I did a Walmart pickup order yesterday. It was great, they had everything I wanted, although not necessarily my first choice of brands. The parking lot was jammed from people going into the store, but I was the only one in the pickup parking area in the 10 minutes I was there.
    Past 3 weeks I was going into Aldi, but each time they've been out of stock on multiple items I wanted.
    I've avoided that Walmart for over a year because it's always horribly over-crowded, but pickup was a breeze.

The only time for the nearest WalMart to me is in the very early morning, almost enjoyable. [emphasis on 'almost']

Beamslider

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    Local Supermarkets open an hour early for oldsters at 8 am. I go then and there really aren't many people there at that time. Also shelves were restocked overnight.

For fresh vegetables and Fruit, I still go to the Farmer's market and buy from the farmers. Fresh, good and cheap.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread