Do you charge your batteries new or use without charging?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Agree with the above. Batteries are shipped at a low voltage for safety purposes. I always put them in the charger upon delivery.

There are some battery chemistries (NiCad) that needed to be drained before undertaking a full charge, but we don't use that chemistry for our mods.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I charge right out the gate. I got my first internal battery mod the other day and it showed up with 60-80%, it’s a bar so no way to accurately know, and because I was excited to try it I vaped it right out the box. Day later it was low so I charged it then. I don’t get that excited about a new battery that I have to try it right away so it goes in the charger first.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
1: pick your stuff

2: put'em in the external charger, avoid using mod for charging

3: store them on battery cages, silicone ones or plastic!

4: use them close by its 90% total: never empty your batteries at all, reduce lifespam of your cells,

5: never leave charger unattended, charge over solid surface, prefer fresh ambience for this, and also avoid overcharge, once they are done, take'em away.

batteries are shipped with less than 50% charge for security reasons, give them a fresh charge and balance when new,

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread