Do you ever leave scathing, negative or simply meh juice reviews?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bodrell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2010
Michigan
I don't. In fact, like most here I think, I only leave reviews for juices that knock my socks off with their awesomeness.

Because taste is so subjective, I don't see the point in leaving "WTF this stuff is pure nasty" reviews. It doesn't seem like a very nice thing to say to a good vendor who is trying to make tasty juices that appeal to many people and it would feel mean to post a sole, negative review on a juice which may lead many people to avoid it because it only has one star. This is assuming, of course, that vendors actually approve every single coherent review, good or bad, to their site. Perhaps the really negative ones don't get posted, sometimes. I've tried a couple of popular juices that garner tons of rave reviews, and haven't liked them at all. That's not because the juice is bad, though. Just that I don't like it.

Anyhow - so the only time I give credence to reviews is if a particular juice has lots of them; at the very least it means that it's created buzz and gotten a lot of people to comment.

Do you only review juices you really like?

fuzzyvape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Ill leave feed back on all juices i buy good or bad but the ones i dont like i dont just say "this is a terrible juice" i just give what i didnt like about it (IE if its a apple flavor im not a big apple fan so i will state that before i say i dont like it) but never anything "attacking" or aggressive as like you said taste is subjective i HATE seafood my friend LOVES it works the same way with juices :)

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Fuzzyvape makes a good point!

I may say that I didn't particulaly care for something and why, but I have not left bad reviews per se. Although, I think there is a difference between constructive criticism and destructive bashing. I have said something negative and non-constructive about a couple vendors, but now I am moving away from that because I would rather be amicable, or at least have a sense of positivity associated with my posts. I actually don't mind seeing negative reviews on vendors or juices I love, becasue it hammers home the point that this is all highly subjective. I read somewhere that a member thought BWB juices were nasty and 555 Exotic tasted lke a bad pipe tobacco. I vape that stuff a lot and was perplexed by the comment, but I understand that these flavors all register themselves differently to our respective palates. So, it all ends up being a 50/50 shot anyway. Plus, sometimes fans can get very emotional and petty about their beloved vendors; and, people can also begrudge you for loving vendors or juices that they hate (which is odd). So, I realize now that if I don't like a juice or a vendor, I just won't buy it or from them; also, I don't feel the need to dissuade anyone else from doing the opposite.

p.s. When I love something, I can't help it, I want to shout it from the mountaintops. :)

Last edited:

Dream

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2011
Redondo Beach
Descriptive reviews are appreciated. Unfortunately most reviewers rave or harshly criticize without explanation. I value reviewers who will compare and contrast with other juices... so even if my tastes vary, the review could still be useful to me.

I tend to like opinionated yet articulate reviews...

Another thing.. don't take reviews too seriously. Don't take anything too seriously, especially yourselves. :vapor:

Last edited:

luceblueboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Ohio
For me to leave a "negative" review, there has to be a good reason. For example, as I am a cigar lover, if you label your liquid as "an authentic cigar" and it doesn't resemble a cigar, I'll write that. If you say you are attempting a cigar with various flavorings, then I won't be quite as harsh. For me a negative review is more based on the descriptions of the liquid rather than the liquid itself. I've had two vendors that wanted my input on liquids they claimed to be cigar. While the liquids weren't bad, the description would upset people thinking they're actually getting a cigar liquid. I suggested that they just take the word cigar out of the description.

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
I wholly agree about the uselessness and rudeness of posting mere "Ewww! Tastes like vomit!" so-called "reviews."

That said, I once reviewed a handful of juices from a fairly new vendor all at once, tried to be descriptive about what I liked/loved about them, but there was one flavor in the bunch I just couldn't vape, because it was so perfumey (and no amount of steeping cured that).

Voila, the vendor saw that review, completely re-formulated that flavor recipe in response to my commentary, and now it's one of my absolute must-haves! :laugh: :thumb:

(It was Vanilla Tobacco from Darth Vapers - Custom Blended E-Liquid)

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I wholly agree about the uselessness and rudeness of posting mere "Ewww! Tastes like vomit!" so-called "reviews."

That said, I once reviewed a handful of juices from a fairly new vendor all at once, tried to be descriptive about what I liked/loved about them, but there was one flavor in the bunch I just couldn't vape, because it was so perfumey (and no amount of steeping cured that).

Voila, the vendor saw that review, completely re-formulated that flavor recipe in response to my commentary, and now it's one of my absolute must-haves! :laugh: :thumb:

(It was Vanilla Tobacco from Darth Vapers - Custom Blended E-Liquid)

Honesty is always the best policy. But, whenever I get a juice that I dislike, I am not inspired to write anything...so, it clearly helps the vendors to get feedback of all kinds, but after a juice turns me off, I would rather not think about it.:facepalm: :laugh:

katann23

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2011
Greensboro, NC
I usually will only leave positive juice reviews, again because taste is so subjective. I've tried juices that people rave about that I hated, and the opposite has happened as well. If I see someone who seems to like the same types of juice as me, I may be more apt to try a new juice they review favorably, as I figure there is a better chance I'll like the juice. When I review a juice, I try to be as descriptive as I can, but again in the end it's just my taste, ymmv.

That being said, I would not have a problem leaving a negative review for a vendor based on other things that are less subjective. Bad customer service, incorrect orders, slow shipping, these are much less subjective and if I had a problem with a vendor, I would let others know.

moishesmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
west bloomfield
Funny that you started this thread....I've never left a bad review, however, I left a juice review for a vendor, who requested a review & shall remain nameless. I noticed that just about every review on this site was written like a romance novel. Since I've never had the pleasure of tasting a juice that made me feel like I was walking thru the woods on a beautiful day or basking in a boat in the middle of the ocean, I simply stated that I couldn't describe the top, middle or bottom notes of the juice but I really like it & add some to just about everything I vape. Guess what....He never put it on the review list after thanking me & approving??? my review. Guess whatelse....I'm never buying from that vendor again. I know this may sound petty, but I'm truly offended. It also makes me realllly wonder who wrote all the flowery reviews on that site...Longfellow?

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
Funny that you started this thread....I've never left a bad review, however, I left a juice review for a vendor, who requested a review & shall remain nameless. I noticed that just about every review on this site was written like a romance novel. Since I've never had the pleasure of tasting a juice that made me feel like I was walking thru the woods on a beautiful day or basking in a boat in the middle of the ocean, I simply stated that I couldn't describe the top, middle or bottom notes of the juice but I really like it & add some to just about everything I vape. Guess what....He never put it on the review list after thanking me & approving??? my review. Guess whatelse....I'm never buying from that vendor again. I know this may sound petty, but I'm truly offended. It also makes me realllly wonder who wrote all the flowery reviews on that site...Longfellow?

That does sound . . . weird. Even fishy? :confused:

ckone180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Taste is subjective, but there are some things that almost everyone agrees on. If it is simply an opinionated review then I understand not being rude, but if it is true, it is true.

I have had some juices I did not like, some I really like. However, I have had some to have an aftertaste like soap, and have shared it with others to get a good feel. Everyone agreed it had that aftertaste. So therefore, I would say it tasted like soap, may be some people like to vape soap?

bodrell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2010
Michigan

I read elsewhere here a comment that someone had written a less-than-positive review about a juice and it never appeared on the vendor's page...I think that's what got me wondering. I don't think you're being petty about not wanting to deal with a vendor who won't put up your less-than-stellar review although it was "approved." Sounds like what you wrote was constructive and honest!

I do agree with those who said that no matter what sort of review one writes, it's best to be as descriptive as possible - that's what makes a review useful both to the vendor and customers. For instance: I dislike the merest hint of mint in any juice I vape (although I like eating minty things.) So, if a juice is complex and has reviews, I'll read them to see if people mention mint/menthol/wintergreen or anything like that. That informs me that I probably won't like the juice, even if every review is five stars.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I read elsewhere here a comment that someone had written a less-than-positive review about a juice and it never appeared on the vendor's page...I think that's what got me wondering. I don't think you're being petty about not wanting to deal with a vendor who won't put up your less-than-stellar review although it was "approved." Sounds like what you wrote was constructive and honest!

I do agree with those who said that no matter what sort of review one writes, it's best to be as descriptive as possible - that's what makes a review useful both to the vendor and customers. For instance: I dislike the merest hint of mint in any juice I vape (although I like eating minty things.) So, if a juice is complex and has reviews, I'll read them to see if people mention mint/menthol/wintergreen or anything like that. That informs me that I probably won't like the juice, even if every review is five stars.

Exactly!! I look for trigger words, and after that it's mainly about the read.

TigerLadyTX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2012
Garland, TX
I an completely honest in all of my reviews. If I do not care for a particular juice, I am honest about my dislike of it. I am not EVER rude, nor hateful with my expressed opinions, however. If I like a particular juice, a lot, I am enthusiastic in my praise of it. If I find it ok, but not big bottle worthy, I make that clear as well.

In my opinion, there is never, ever any reason to be hateful or mean spirited when giving a negative review.
~Tiger

moishesmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
west bloomfield

Actually, it was a very positive review where I stated that I liked the juice so much that I add it to most of my others; not a negative word in any form - I just didn't get into the "stroll in the woods & the wonderful scent of the flowers in the morning"! It does make you wonder.....

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
Actually, it was a very positive review where I stated that I liked the juice so much that I add it to most of my others; not a negative word in any form - I just didn't get into the "stroll in the woods & the wonderful scent of the flowers in the morning"! It does make you wonder.....

:laugh::laugh: Apparently that vendor fancies himself a literary critic, too! :lol:

apbtdog1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 20, 2012
East TN

I'm very weary of vendors that have all their reviews rated at 5 stars. Not gonna mention which vendor but i've noticed that every single reivew they have about all their things be it juices, cartos or just what ever. They ALL have GREAT reviews and i haven't seen any bad reviews on the site AT ALL. I just wonder if they only post the good/great reviews and never post any of the bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread