Status
Not open for further replies.

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
A little of both,,,,,,,,,

I tend not to vape in areas that smoking isn't allowed,,,,,,especially indoors,,,,,,on trains, etc,,,,,,

smokers might see my vapor and think it's smoke,,,,next thing you know, everyone is lighting up,,,,,

Outdoors, however, I'll vape,,,,,,if I'm not in a large crowd of people (not everyone likes the smell of the vapor)

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I have to admit im jealous, I ride around with some crazy looking things and almost never get a second look no matter where I take it, even vaped in sams club without thinking (forgot I was holding it when I walked in)
the only people who ever said anything are at work and more curious as to how it works then anything else cause they see it all day.

such is life on the beach i guess, waaaay casual.

Off Topic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2011
The Wood Between the Worlds
I walk into restaurants with my big provari in my hand. I set it on the table where no one could possibly miss it. If you act like you have something to hide, people will think that you do.

I make myself approachable. I invite questions. Don't let them make assumptions. Educate. Be the ambassador.

Just don't blow it in people's faces. Don't vape your pipetobacco/sardine blend indoors.

DuaneNeveu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
I think public decorum is important, as it helps us to tolerate one another.

Personally, I don't vape in public places since some juices can be very aromatic. Even as a CASAA member, I dare say I wouldn't even do it in a place that allowed it. The reason is that, when in public, I believe there needs to be a certain amount of mutual respect that we accord our fellow villager. For example, here is a short list of other things I try to avoid doing in public at all costs (avoidances that I would appreciate more people to practice):

*wearing exorbitant amounts of personal aromatic products (cologne, perfume, etc.)
*having deplorable personal hygiene so as to choke a goat at 100 yards
*yelling/cursing loudly within a public space
*bumping/shoving within a confined area
*lollygagging while in a queue (gas stations, grocery store checkouts, green lights, etc.)
*not removing yourself and your squealing infant to a secluded area
*being gratuitously flatulent in a confined space (plane, train, automobile)
*allowing your children to point at strangers inquisitively
*commenting aloud regarding the events taking place on a movie screen (thanks for the reminder durkadurka)

...to name a few.

I'm not suggesting that vaping is as reprehensible as some of these other things, but since to some people it might be, I refrain.

EDIT: If your choice differs from mine, please know that I'm not casting aspersions on anyone else. Each to their own.

Last edited:

Thompson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
North of NorCal
If I'm asked to stop, those are the places I won't.

There is some hesitancy around but it goes away rather quickly.

Stepping up to a larger tube mod was rather interesting...with a small eGo or the SDK you can pretty much palm it and nobody is any the wiser. Not so easy to do with a full sized tube.

Just reminded me of using my eGo + CE3 combo in the Currant Theater in San Fran. I just kept ghosting the vapes (hold them in till nothing comes out upon exhale) so as not to mess with the viewing experience of those around me. Also had it kind of tucked into my sweatshirt sleeve so the button light wasn't flashing all over the place.

Gamekeeper

Unregistered Supplier
Jul 14, 2012
United Kingdom
www.ecigzoo.com
Educate. Be the ambassador.

I think you are right. I consider ecigs to be the greatest invention in the last 100 years (smoking was the biggest killer, ecigs will save millions of lives over the next 100 years)

Being loud and proud (without annoying anyone) is the best way to publicise and promote ecigs. Hopefully every smoker will come join the party.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I vape where I want. I respect no smoking areas, except at work. At work I stealth vape in my locker room, whose main entrance is blocked off so that I can easily see who is entering before they can see me.

I have vaped at outdoor concerts and professional sporting events, even asking security guards if it is allowed. I have also stealth vaped discreetly in the movie theatre, mindful to always sit in the last row or against the wall. I have vaped in an empty isle at the grocery or Walmart.

My mods look nothing like a cigarette. In fact, most people joke that it looks like a ..... So what? If people ask, I courteously explain exactly what it is. "It is an advanced vaporizer. What I inhale and exhale is basically water vapor, not smoke. It does provide me with nicotine, and I have been cigarette free for 8 months since using it."

If they stare at me like I am crazy :blink:, then I will add that it is also called an advanced electronic cigarette, and that seems to be a more understandable answer for the uninitiated.

DuaneNeveu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
I vape in the car and can feel people staring at me!!

At a red light on my way to work yesterday, I had a vape. After blowing out billows of vapour and glancing left out my window, I found an old lady two lanes to my left scowling at me as if I had just taken a fresh bite out of a dead baby carcass.

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
You should be shy to expose it in public! Sorry, couldn't pass that one up! I do vape in public, but I try to be as stealth as possible about it. I have had a stare or two, people think I'm smoking a cigarette, or something.

It just feels so strange to use an ecig in public. Most people see me and are curious. Standing at the station, no problem, but on a train, I couldnt. Whats your experiences. Out and proud or shy?:)

rcpcdude

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
Milwaukee, WI
I try to not announce it although I do tend to stealth vape frequently. When I'm around other smokers in a smoking area I don't bother hiding it. Part of me wants them to know what I'm doing so it can spark conversation and I can attempt to make converts out of them lol. In fact I've almost got my old smoking buddy at work converted. Using cyber monday deals as a weapon to convert people isn't a bad thing is it? :p

Funny side story, was walking into work yesterday and took a quick vape and let a plume of vapor go before I got to the door and a co-worker commented to another person "see, its so cold that he looks like he was smoking but he's not"

gardnerd4me

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2012
Oakland
I think public decorum is important, as it helps us to tolerate one another.

Personally, I don't vape in public places since some juices can be very aromatic. Even as a CASAA member, I dare say I wouldn't even do it in a place that allowed it. The reason is that, when in public, I believe there needs to be a certain amount of mutual respect that we accord our fellow villager. For example, here is a short list of other things I try to avoid doing in public at all costs (avoidances that I would appreciate more people to practice):

*wearing exorbitant amounts of personal aromatic products (cologne, perfume, etc.)
*having deplorable personal hygiene so as to choke a goat at 100 yards
*yelling/cursing loudly within a public space
*bumping/shoving within a confined area
*lollygagging while in a queue (gas stations, grocery store checkouts, green lights, etc.)
*not removing yourself and your squealing infant to a secluded area
*being gratuitously flatulent in a confined space (plane, train, automobile)
*allowing your children to point at strangers inquisitively
*commenting aloud regarding the events taking place on a movie screen (thanks for the reminder durkadurka)

...to name a few.

I'm not suggesting that vaping is as reprehensible as some of these other things, but since to some people it might be, I refrain.

EDIT: If your choice differs from mine, please know that I'm not casting aspersions on anyone else. Each to their own.

I have to agree on all points except the flatulence. I think it should be enjoyed by everybody. I wish more people had the kind of respect for others that you try to exhibit though, it would make life soo much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread