Do you get leaking juice from your tanks air hole?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
I have tried the Kanger Sub tank Mini and Nano, Silo Beast tank, Herakles, iSub tank from Innokin and the Starre tank.

They ALL leak at one time or another, through the air control holes at the base. The ONLY tanks that I've never had a leak from is the Kanger Sub tank Mini and Nano!

I realize that these tanks use pressure to keep the juice from flooding through the coil fill holes, into the cotton, and down the coil into the base of the tanks and all over your shirt, pants, hands and/or whatever... but why can Kanger (in my experience) develop tanks that, honestly, have NEVER leaked, but the other companies can't manage it!

What tanks are you guys using, and do they occasionally leak out of the air control holes at the base?

I LOVE the iSub tank, great flavor, great clouds... but I can't take it out of the house, if I have to worry that it'll spill 8-10 drops of juice all over my shirt! Same thing with the Silo Beast!

Am I the only one who has this problem?

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I think RTAs are susceptable because of the open flow. When I "slightly" exhale out while taking a draw, the exhaled air goes back through the system to where the air comes in. This is something that will happen differently with different RTAs.

Lately, I have been conscious of it and making sure I don't do it and things are a lot better.

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
One of the YouTube reviewers told me that he felt it was caused by the coils... but I don't think it's a coil problem.

I've used several different coils with my Sub Tank mini/nano, including nickle coils made (?) by/for VaporShark, and no leaking.

I've tried the Beast .5 coil as well as Atlantis coils on the Silo Beast, and they've all leaked...

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    I'm told that with many tanks the theory is that the negative pressure in the tank is what keeps the juice from flooding the coils and running out the air hole(s) in the bottom of the tank.

The vacccume pressure of your draw over comes the pressure of the tank and leaches some juice into the wick for the coils to vaporize. If your getting more juice then what the coil is vaporizing eventually the coil will flood. Here a easier draw or higher voltage/power is needed.

Personally, I've only used Aspire tanks. A few cheap 'maxi's, K1, naut-mini and a handful of naut-full size (including a few clones) and while I've had loads of sputtering, some spitting and otherwise odd noises I've only had one leak (it comes through the air hole(s)) on a faulty clone coil.

While coil flooding eventually will (if stored vertically) run down and out the air holes, I've found that not overfilling the tank and using the largest air hole (on the adjustable ones) while not having to fast or hard of a draw I rarely get any flooding. (the maxi's and K1's I regularly operate at a mire 3.5V)

I've had very good luck with Aspire tanks.

YMMV

Last edited:

Freq18Hz

May 24, 2015
    I have tried the Kanger Sub tank Mini and Nano, Silo Beast tank, Herakles, iSub tank from Innokin and the Starre tank.

They ALL leak at one time or another, through the air control holes at the base. The ONLY tanks that I've never had a leak from is the Kanger Sub tank Mini and Nano!

I realize that these tanks use pressure to keep the juice from flooding through the coil fill holes, into the cotton, and down the coil into the base of the tanks and all over your shirt, pants, hands and/or whatever... but why can Kanger (in my experience) develop tanks that, honestly, have NEVER leaked, but the other companies can't manage it!

What tanks are you guys using, and do they occasionally leak out of the air control holes at the base?

I LOVE the iSub tank, great flavor, great clouds... but I can't take it out of the house, if I have to worry that it'll spill 8-10 drops of juice all over my shirt! Same thing with the Silo Beast!

Am I the only one who has this problem?

I haven't noticed this with the Atlantis 2, Kanger Nano, or Herakles, but the Matrix Sub tank leaks like an SOB from the flow holes at the base. So much so I wonder if I am missing an o-ring.

-Freq

Reactions: Maj12

Shel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 23, 2009
    Los Angeles
    I haven't noticed this with the Atlantis 2, Kanger Nano, or Herakles, but the Matrix Sub tank leaks like an SOB from the flow holes at the base. So much so I wonder if I am missing an o-ring.

I have to confess, I have now closed the air holes prior to refilling my Silo Beast from the top, and it hasn't leaked in three days. Previously, if I left the air holes open when top filling, I wouldn't see any juice leaking out of the base for a couple of hours, so I figured you didn't need to close the air holes before refilling... I now see that you do.

Really nice tank, and much easier to refill then other tanks that require removing from your device, unscrewing the bottom, etc. etc.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread