Status
Not open for further replies.

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
I've been looking around, and trying to make a good all-vanilla or vanilla cream that's very, very

...´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´...
♥«´¨`•°..
vanilla!..°•´¨`»♥
.. ¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•. ..

but not a lot of luck so far. I've tried Holy Vanilla alone at 3%, which is quite nice, but isn't really giving me the vanilla "oomph" I'm looking for. I mixed HeadInClouds' (who is like unto a god to me!) Vanilla-Cream Mist, but it was much too lightly flavored. I let it steep for five days but still wasn't getting much vanilla presence. Then I doubled the percentages in the existing mix, and it is more flavorful, but still isn't the dreamy vanilla I'm seeking. Maybe my vanilla receptors are subpar? I do like Nicoticket's Frenilla, but even if it's going to be available again (I don't know if it will), I won't be able to buy it here.

Any ideas?

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I let it steep for five days but still wasn't getting much vanilla presence. Then I doubled the percentages in the existing mix, and it is more flavorful, but still isn't the dreamy vanilla I'm seeking.
Might have better luck with Creams , Custards, Vanilla mixes at 4 weeks min. steep.
Then I doubled the percentages in the existing mix, and it is more flavorful, but still isn't the dreamy vanilla I'm seeking.
I plan to work with vanilla in the future and have the same feeling about some other basic flavors. Could read:
http://forum...................../t/how-to-get-a-strong-vanilla-steeping-time-frame/53356/9
Have not had a chance to look into:
Ultimate --Little Mean Vanilla Bean, Purest Madagascar Vanilla
Little Mean Vanilla Bean
but if the hype is half as good as the flavor, this might be an idea.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
Best advice for DIY Vanilla/Cream is to set aside all the recipes you have for any vanillas. Make them all in a day or over a week or two. Log the recipes and mark the bottles.

Now, the hard part...

Put them in a dark cabinet, cupboard or drawer. Leave them alone for at least a month.

I'll be back with a complex vanilla cream base that I like...

I make a liter at a time and use it in smaller batches where I add complimentary notes to switch gears from time to time.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
Here you go:
% TFA flavors-
3 Bavarian Cream
3 Vanilla Swirl
3 French Vanilla
2 Whipped Cream
2 Vanillin
2 Sweetener of choice

15% total flavor. Needs a full month, at least, to mature. I heat mine on a candle warmer plate (no nic) in a 1L Mason/Ball jar. I cap it while warm and turn off heat to seal vacuum in. I give it a vigorous shake a couple times a week for 4 weeks.

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
I like Flavor West French Vanilla solo at 12%. Not really creamy but very vanilla and quite smooth. This was my ADV for over a year.

For a creamy Vanilla try the TFA holy trinity; Vanilla Custard, Bavarian Cream and Sweet Cream all at 3%. Good solo, excellent base.

greenmachine17

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2015
Street Level U.S.A.
I've been looking around, and trying to make a good all-vanilla or vanilla cream that's very, very

♥«´¨`•°..
vanilla!..°•´¨`»♥

but not a lot of luck so far. I've tried Holy Vanilla alone at 3%, which is quite nice, but isn't really giving me the vanilla "oomph" I'm looking for. I mixed HeadInClouds' (who is like unto a god to me!) Vanilla-Cream Mist, but it was much too lightly flavored. I let it steep for five days but still wasn't getting much vanilla presence. Then I doubled the percentages in the existing mix, and it is more flavorful, but still isn't the dreamy vanilla I'm seeking. Maybe my vanilla receptors are subpar? I do like Nicoticket's Frenilla, but even if it's going to be available again (I don't know if it will), I won't be able to buy it here.

Any ideas?
I haven't start

♥«´¨`•°..
vanilla!..°•´¨`»♥

Any ideas?
As a store bought juice. Moo milk vanilla almond.then I mix it w sweet caramel..mmmm..my friend makes a mean vanilla almond..

♥«´¨`•°..
vanilla!..°•´¨`»♥

Any ideas?

• Creative
Reactions: tazzle

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Best advice for DIY Vanilla/Cream is to set aside all the recipes you have for any vanillas. Make them all in a day or over a week or two. Log the recipes and mark the bottles.

Now, the hard part...

Put them in a dark cabinet, cupboard or drawer. Leave them alone for at least a month.

I'll be back with a complex vanilla cream base that I like...

I make a liter at a time and use it in smaller batches where I add complimentary notes to switch gears from time to time.

Glad I spotted this post. I'm going to make a few bottles right now and stick them on the shelf with dates.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Here you go:
% TFA flavors-
3 Bavarian Cream
3 Vanilla Swirl
3 French Vanilla
2 Whipped Cream
2 Vanillin
2 Sweetener of choice

15% total flavor. Needs a full month, at least, to mature. I heat mine on a candle warmer plate (no nic) in a 1L Mason/Ball jar. I cap it while warm and turn off heat to seal vacuum in. I give it a vigorous shake a couple times a week for 4 weeks.

That's quite similar to what I use.

I never tried vanillin. Somewhere I read that there might be something to worry about with it. Can't even remember what it was though.

Also I add 3% Marzipan flavor. I got the marzipan because I love the taste. It smells and tastes divine in the bottle but mixed in juice the flavor disappeared. On an impulse I added some to vanilla juice and it seemed to do something good, for me.

corn flakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Brant County Canada

♥«´¨`•°..
vanilla!..°•´¨`»♥

Any ideas?

I just put Vanilla Cream mist in a tank to test it. I did 3% bourbon 3% classic. It has had 6 weeks to get happy.

I have been searching for a vanilla cream for a while to replace a store bought juice I like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread