Do you put away your SS drip tips in the winter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Nope, mine are no different than any other day of the year. :)

Wait... what is winter?

evil011.gif

bazmonkey

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2013
Oakland, CA

No, no. Don't do that. Just wait till the summer and ask him what it's like to have humidity so high the cockroaches can fly and a heat index that makes people delirious in the time it takes to check the mail.

Or say "Wait... what's a hurricane?"

Or take it out on me, I live in NoCal.

::clears throat::
What's "sleet"? When the rain freezes over what shapes are the drops?

Last edited:

Abe_Katz

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2013
FL, USA
Nope, mine are no different than any other day of the year. :)

Wait... what is winter?

Winter is a season that northerners have. It is supposedly from November to April and they have to deal with snow (some white, cold, precipitation that you apparently have to shovel). I've heard rumors of its existance, but I don't leave Florida except during Ultra Summer.

Florida has four seasons too. Fallish, Springish, Summer and Ultra Summer.

That said even if I lived in a colder climate I would unlikely not use my stainless steel drip tips. I would relegate them to my "stays at home" devices though.

zyglrox

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2013
Florida
Florida has four seasons too. Fallish, Springish, Summer and Ultra Summer.
Haha, "Ultra Summer." Dead on.

It's a lot like this "Winter" in some ways. There's definitely a heavy feeling if you try to go outside... ...it only takes about 30 seconds for the sweating from the radiation sickness to begin.

The thing is... you can only take so much of your clothing off, but you can always put more on. At least you people with cold seasons don't have to take a shower just to come back inside. You just take your jackets, scarves, hats, and what have you off.

Abe_Katz

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2013
FL, USA
Actually wearing cloths during ultra summer helps in staying cooler. However, you have to know how to wear the cloths and which cloths to wear. This means wearing loose fitting clothing made of a natural fiber in a light color. Cotton is actually best for this. The idea is that your sweat is absorbed by the fabric and evaporates as much as possible thereby keeping you cooler. Also not getting sunburned helps immensely.

But the best way of staying cool during ultra summer is to not go outside if you don't have to.

Abe_Katz

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2013
FL, USA
No, no. Don't do that. Just wait till the summer and ask him what it's like to have humidity so high the cockroaches can fly and a heat index that makes people delirious in the time it takes to check the mail.

The cockroaches can fly regardless of the season. They also get as big as small rodents too.

As for getting delirious in the time to check the mail...thats what you get for venturing outside during the heat of the day. Which in Ultra summer is from 8am to 8pm.

USinchains

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
The Terrordrome, FL
www.myspace.com
Ok, this is funny so I have to come clean. This movie scene was real to me, I was born in Michigan and lived there for 8 years. One cold morning I decided to eat a giant slab of ice at the playground and tore the skin off of my gums, mouth was bleeding all over the snow. I thought I was dying.

I was thinking about this myself, and in my head this is what I pictured:

POLEchristmasstory06.jpeg

Except with a VAMO hanging off of my face.

cg

Northernshrink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
Bracebridge Ont Canada
YES Funny you should post this. I just switched my drip tip to a plastic one. The SS ones are very cold. I live in Northern MI and still have way way to much snow on the ground. In the future will not use stainless steel ones. Wondering if I would have the same problem with the stone or glass ones?????

I find the glass ones like the metal heat up which I don't like. I haven't tried a stone yet but I have a Bully on the way and there not supposed to heat up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread