The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Do you put away your SS drip tips in the winter?

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette Accessories Discussion' started by Dana A, Apr 4, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Dana A

Dana A Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 25, 2012
    Iowa
    I have to put my favorite ones away in the winter because they get so cold it about shocks me when I go to take a drag. Especially when I am outside. I figure in a few weeks I can get them back out. I really miss them in the winter. Am I the only one who does this?

2. The Ocelot

The Ocelot Psychopomp Verified Member ECF Veteran

I don't. I keep my mod in a pocket or in my hand, so it doesn't get very cold.

3. USinchains

USinchains Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 15, 2009
    The Terrordrome, FL
    Nope, mine are no different than any other day of the year. :)

Wait... what is winter?

4. The Ocelot

The Ocelot Psychopomp Verified Member ECF Veteran

[​IMG]

5. Scoop224

Scoop224 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 4, 2012
    Cincinnati
    Nope..... The cold steel goes perfectly with icy menthol flavors!

6. Rocketpunk

Rocketpunk Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 14, 2012
    Dayton, Ohio
    Yeah, me neither. My pacifiers are always at room temperature.

When those rare times out in the cold come, I make sure my PV(s) are nestled next to me to retain body heat. I have not had a "cold" drip tip in a while.

7. bazmonkey

bazmonkey Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    No, no. Don't do that. Just wait till the summer and ask him what it's like to have humidity so high the cockroaches can fly and a heat index that makes people delirious in the time it takes to check the mail.

Or say "Wait... what's a hurricane?"

Or take it out on me, I live in NoCal.

::clears throat::
    What's "sleet"? When the rain freezes over what shapes are the drops?

8. Abe_Katz

Abe_Katz Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 6, 2013
    FL, USA
    Winter is a season that northerners have. It is supposedly from November to April and they have to deal with snow (some white, cold, precipitation that you apparently have to shovel). I've heard rumors of its existance, but I don't leave Florida except during Ultra Summer.

Florida has four seasons too. Fallish, Springish, Summer and Ultra Summer.

That said even if I lived in a colder climate I would unlikely not use my stainless steel drip tips. I would relegate them to my "stays at home" devices though.

9. zyglrox

zyglrox Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 28, 2013
    Florida
    Haha, "Ultra Summer." Dead on.

It's a lot like this "Winter" in some ways. There's definitely a heavy feeling if you try to go outside... ...it only takes about 30 seconds for the sweating from the radiation sickness to begin.

The thing is... you can only take so much of your clothing off, but you can always put more on. At least you people with cold seasons don't have to take a shower just to come back inside. You just take your jackets, scarves, hats, and what have you off.

10. exnihilo

exnihilo Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 9, 2013
    I was thinking about this myself, and in my head this is what I pictured:

[​IMG]

Except with a VAMO hanging off of my face.

cg

11. Abe_Katz

Feb 6, 2013
    FL, USA
    Actually wearing cloths during ultra summer helps in staying cooler. However, you have to know how to wear the cloths and which cloths to wear. This means wearing loose fitting clothing made of a natural fiber in a light color. Cotton is actually best for this. The idea is that your sweat is absorbed by the fabric and evaporates as much as possible thereby keeping you cooler. Also not getting sunburned helps immensely.

But the best way of staying cool during ultra summer is to not go outside if you don't have to.

12. Abe_Katz

Feb 6, 2013
    FL, USA
    The cockroaches can fly regardless of the season. They also get as big as small rodents too.

As for getting delirious in the time to check the mail...thats what you get for venturing outside during the heat of the day. Which in Ultra summer is from 8am to 8pm.

13. Northernshrink

Northernshrink Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 21, 2012
    Bracebridge Ont Canada
    I gave all my metal tips away not a fan don't like the whole hot cold thing and there hard on the teeth when bouncing down the highway.

14. Nsanejain

Nsanejain Full Member

Feb 27, 2013
    GA, USA
    I live in GA. So...no. More like do I put em up in 100 degrees? Still, the answer is...no! LOL!

15. irehc77

irehc77 Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern Michigan
    YES Funny you should post this. I just switched my drip tip to a plastic one. The SS ones are very cold. I live in Northern MI and still have way way to much snow on the ground. In the future will not use stainless steel ones. Wondering if I would have the same problem with the stone or glass ones?????

16. SupplyDaddy

SupplyDaddy I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 21, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    Hey now, I happen to wear long sleeved coats in the middle of Ultra Summers here in Texas.. They are called ACU's...

Even during the few "cold" days we get down here near the border, there is no reason to not use SS drip tips...

17. USinchains

USinchains Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 15, 2009
    The Terrordrome, FL
    Ok, this is funny so I have to come clean. This movie scene was real to me, I was born in Michigan and lived there for 8 years. One cold morning I decided to eat a giant slab of ice at the playground and tore the skin off of my gums, mouth was bleeding all over the snow. I thought I was dying.

18. Northernshrink

Northernshrink Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 21, 2012
    Bracebridge Ont Canada
    I find the glass ones like the metal heat up which I don't like. I haven't tried a stone yet but I have a Bully on the way and there not supposed to heat up.

19. Unforeseen

Unforeseen Admin
    Commercial/Suppliers Asst. Manager
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Moved to Assorted PV Topics - E-Cigarette Accessories Discussion

20. Whosback

Whosback Super Member ECF Veteran

You know I hate winter hate the cold. I grew up in New Orleans. You can learn to live with heat, but once that cold gets ya it's right into your bones. I think the settlers were ......, they knew that north was cold and south was warm yet, they still went north.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.