Do you stick with the original ohm coils?

Status
Not open for further replies.

always9988

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Hicktown, OH
I was planning on buying a pack of higher resistance coils for some of my flavors that just seem to be tasting off with the heat. I can't get a vv yet so this seems to be the way to go to control the amount of heat for certain flavors. Has anyone else tried this and then just gone back to the original coils? Or does it work well enough to buy the separate coils for different juices?

Evie Luv

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Always, I have ordered the higher resistance coils for this reason too. I should have them Monday so I can try them out. I have the VV Battery and it works great to cool off those flavors but I want to be able to use my shorter 650 batteries too because I have a few flavors that I like cooler than the 2.2 coils. I'll let you know how it works out.

We had a more in depth discussion in the thread "Replacement Coils Help Needed" ........ it is on the second page in the forum. I'd post a link but I don't know how to link a thread.:oops:

always9988

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Hicktown, OH
Always, I have ordered the higher resistance coils for this reason too. I should have them Monday so I can try them out. I have the VV Battery and it works great to cool off those flavors but I want to be able to use my shorter 650 batteries too because I have a few flavors that I like cooler than the 2.2 coils. I'll let you know how it works out.

We had a more in depth discussion in the thread "Replacement Coils Help Needed" ........ it is on the second page in the forum. I'd post a link but I don't know how to link a thread.:oops:

Let me know if it makes much difference!

Evie Luv

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Let me know if it makes much difference!

I will I can't wait to get them in.......I hope they come tomorrow, I ordered last Monday night. My shipment tracking says "Pre-Shipment Status" so I guess mine may not have made it to Kearny :mad::mad: yet. But reality my shipments have always been delivered pretty quick no matter what tracking says.:)

Fenris4024

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Lubbock, TX
I've used the higher ohm coils for flavors I don't want to get as warm myself, and find they work excellent on a non VV battery... just be sure, since I don't think you have a resistance checker in your arsenal to mark them... (as per Dave's idea, maybe?) I know that stuff like Tribecca does taste different on a higher ohm coil over a lower ohm, so it might not be a happy moment for you if you accidentally loaded up up some 'Becca with the wrong coil....

Or it might be awesome, never know!!!!

always9988

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Hicktown, OH
I've used the higher ohm coils for flavors I don't want to get as warm myself, and find they work excellent on a non VV battery... just be sure, since I don't think you have a resistance checker in your arsenal to mark them... (as per Dave's idea, maybe?) I know that stuff like Tribecca does taste different on a higher ohm coil over a lower ohm, so it might not be a happy moment for you if you accidentally loaded up up some 'Becca with the wrong coil....

Or it might be awesome, never know!!!!

I do have an ohm meter just gotta learn how to use it ;) lol. They should come pre etched IMO. But either way my tanks are color coded and I'm .... about organization so I should be OK, if not maybe there will be happy accidents

always9988

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Hicktown, OH
Sharpie won't stay on those condoms I know that, tried to mark the condoms for cartos and wipes right off. I was thinking just a way to scratch the metal in a certain way maybe? Or pull the flavor wick all the way out when soaking so you know the one with only one wick is the higher resistance?

Evie Luv

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've moved to the higher resistance coils exclusively. On my regular Triton, I don't have issues with cool vape, only hot, so that solves it with the regular bat.

With the vv, I feel comfortable pushing the voltage up with no fear of a burnt taste.

Sent from my Sonic Screwdriver using telepathy.

Which ohms do you prefer to use the 2.6 or 3.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread