The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Do you still smoke and Vape?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Benjamin Pickett, Apr 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Benjamin Pickett

Benjamin Pickett Full Member

Jan 13, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Ok.. Strange question, but how many people still smoke and vape?

I'd still consider myself a "newbie" even after trying to stop smoking for over 3 years on and off using this method and spending about £300 ALONE in the last month on new gear..

i still smoke, but i find my self wanting vape at the same time.. I just wondered how many people do the same thing?

2. purplebanana

purplebanana New Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Philippines
    When I started vaping last year, I was on cold turkey for 6 months. But when I stopped vaping I went back to smoking. And now i webt back to vaping and i only smoke 3-4 sticks a day..

3. BuGlen

BuGlen Divergent ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 6, 2012
    Tampa, Florida
    I did for the first week, but then I found that I really didn't like the taste of analogs and they didn't give me anything my vape couldn't provide. Since then, I've had about 1/4 or one analog just to test it again, and the same results.

Vaping is just that much better.

4. Zooker

Zooker Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 30, 2012
    Washington State
    The day I began vaping (just about 3 weeks ago) is the day I put down cigarettes and I haven't returned--the vape has been that satisfying for me. I know that if I stopped vaping, I'd pick up the smokes again in a heartbeat.

5. otrpu

otrpu Account closed on request Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2010
    Colorado
    Haven't had a tobacco cig in more than 6 months. And in last 6 months, vape: 0Nic0FA, Zero Nicotine Zero Flavor Added. My eLiquid cost is out 3 decimals per mL. JMHO

Cheers,
    otrpu

6. hippiegrl

hippiegrl Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 15, 2012
    bellevue, ne
    I still smoke. But to my defense, I have a crappy little ecig that I bought from a tobacco shop and I am hopefully getting my KGO tomorrow. Maybe I just need higher nicotine levels. I'm doing 18mg and I smoke about a pack a day. Idk. I will have to see. I have heard that the kgo gives way better flavor and vapor. I believe that will help me off the analogs since my hubby keeps ragging on me for still smoking. Oh well, I'm at least I'm trying. He was able to quit cold turkey without anything.

7. expat007

expat007 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 5, 2012
    What day is it
    Got my first little Joye 510 kit on a Saturday two years ago and smoked my last cigarette that very night. I never wanted an analog since, even when drinking which surprised me a lot because I was a 40 year, 3 pack a day chain-smoker. I haven't been caught short since I quit smoking, but I'm not sure what I would do if I couldn't vape. The mere thought of an analog makes me want to puke.

8. panophobe

panophobe Full Member

Feb 11, 2011
    Austin
    I did smoke and vape for months after I started vaping but it's now been about 6 months since I had an analog.

9. expat007

expat007 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 5, 2012
    What day is it
    You will be blown away at the difference the kGo makes, compared to the crappy little e-cigs you get at a gas station or smoke shop. If you smoked a pack a day, 18mg should be just about right for you. I smoked 3 packs and 24mg did the trick for me, and I didn't have a PV anywhere near as good as a kGo.

10. TommyO

TommyO Senior Member ECF Veteran

Little over two months ago I started vaping and haven't smoked analogs since.

11. angel755

angel755 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Sarasota, FL
    New and *stunned* Vaper here! Keep meaning to post and say hello but get to reading then no time so a quick HELLO to everyone and a HUGE thank you for all the great information and sharing!

PAD smoker for 30some years...always said I loved smoking and no intention of giving it up. My 70 year old Mom got an eGo-T about a month ago. Tried it and thought...hmmmm. Did some research online, thought I wanted a pv that looked like an analog. Few days later bought a Blu menthol disposable. Hated it. If I hadn't come back here and read and read and read, I would have given up, so thanks again!

Wanted something easy, got the eGo-T on April 9th. First week I vaped and smoked on one pack of analogs (Only 2-3 a day!). Last analog was Monday, 4/16 at 3pm lol. I really had little intention of quitting altogether, but, I had. Stressful day Wed., 4/18, thought I might want/need an analog so I bought a pack but didn't open them, they're still unopened in my purse. Woooohooo! The last few that I had smoked though tasted bad after vaping.

I credit this forum and all the sharing and information here with helping me in having a good first vaping experience, so important in being able to quit the analogs altogether. Now I just gotta get my juice right and I'll be set for awhile until I'm ready to upgrade or try a different pv.

A third HUGE thank you to you all! :thumbs:

12. Dana A

Dana A Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 25, 2012
    Iowa
    I don't smoke and vape but I think any vaping means less real cigs so some is better than none and maybe it's just not your time yet.

13. T-Mac

T-Mac Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 7, 2012
    S. Carolina, USA
    I used both for the first week (analogs were usually after eating and first thing in the mornings). Have been totally vaping since, except for one time I ran out of juice but after tasting analogs again I found some cheapos to hold me until more juice arrived.

14. CCC

CCC Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 28, 2011
    Australia
    I averaged 1 cigarette per month for the first 4 months when i started vaping, i don't even know why i had those ones, i guess it was to confirm my dislike of the taste and feeling i got when i smoked them, i am about to hit the 6 month mark vaping and i can honestly say i will never have another cigarette, yuck.

15. hippiegrl

Apr 15, 2012
    bellevue, ne
    I will be sooo happy the I can say "i'm off analogs". What a glorious day that will be. I'm just going to keep working on it. I know the day will come I just hope sooner than later.

16. Spoons

Spoons Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 17, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    I hope you get your kgo tomorrow too!!! Now that I have added a dc tank... I am getting all the vape/nic I need. (at least for the moment) Ill let ya know how I am holding up in a few days...

17. hippiegrl

Apr 15, 2012
    bellevue, ne
    Okay cool. Me too. I will let u know when I get mine how I feel about it too. Thanks.

18. Creniker

Creniker Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2011
    Salt Lake
    I social smoke with friends or my wife occasionally. Less then a pack a month, so I don't feel to bad about it. I don't NEED them anymore, and that's whats important to me.

19. echofinder

echofinder Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 8, 2012
    Damascus, MD
    I will often accept cigs when they are offered to me; one of my household duties is rolling cigs so I typically have one after completing this task. When drinking I require an analog after a couple shots when that warm feeling starts creeping in the tummy: vaping cannot substitute the godliness that is tobacco & alcohol. When becoming intoxicated in other ways I find that vaping is equal to or better than cigs (although I cannot taste any flavor for like 30 minutes after).

During the recent holiday I had more than a couple cigs for the first time in months: when I went to bed my throat itched & I felt gross, cannot smoke on the reg anymore. I do not regret this, nor do I miss the "too many cigs" feeling.

My attitude towards cigs is otherwise unchanged after 4 months of vaping: the smell doesn't bother me, a singular analog tastes about the same as it used to (stronger though), and the "smoke on clothes/cars" smell does not irritate me.

20. bodrell

bodrell Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 15, 2010
    Michigan
    I've been vaping with a "real" kit (KGO) for about a month and I still smoke 3-5 cigs a day.

They don't even taste that good, but the addict part of my brain (heavy smoker for 37 years) is scared to give them up, I think! However I've cut down from about 50 RYO smokes a day to just a few and feel great about it. I hope to be posting one of those "I haven't had an analog for a month" threads soon, though...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.