Do you still smoke and Vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benjamin Pickett

Jan 13, 2012
United Kingdom
Ok.. Strange question, but how many people still smoke and vape?

I'd still consider myself a "newbie" even after trying to stop smoking for over 3 years on and off using this method and spending about £300 ALONE in the last month on new gear..

i still smoke, but i find my self wanting vape at the same time.. I just wondered how many people do the same thing?

hippiegrl

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
bellevue, ne
I still smoke. But to my defense, I have a crappy little ecig that I bought from a tobacco shop and I am hopefully getting my KGO tomorrow. Maybe I just need higher nicotine levels. I'm doing 18mg and I smoke about a pack a day. Idk. I will have to see. I have heard that the kgo gives way better flavor and vapor. I believe that will help me off the analogs since my hubby keeps ragging on me for still smoking. Oh well, I'm at least I'm trying. He was able to quit cold turkey without anything.

expat007

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2012
What day is it
Got my first little Joye 510 kit on a Saturday two years ago and smoked my last cigarette that very night. I never wanted an analog since, even when drinking which surprised me a lot because I was a 40 year, 3 pack a day chain-smoker. I haven't been caught short since I quit smoking, but I'm not sure what I would do if I couldn't vape. The mere thought of an analog makes me want to puke.

expat007

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2012
What day is it
I still smoke. But to my defense, I have a crappy little ecig that I bought from a tobacco shop and I am hopefully getting my KGO tomorrow. Maybe I just need higher nicotine levels. I'm doing 18mg and I smoke about a pack a day. Idk. I will have to see. I have heard that the kgo gives way better flavor and vapor. I believe that will help me off the analogs since my hubby keeps ragging on me for still smoking. Oh well, I'm at least I'm trying. He was able to quit cold turkey without anything.

You will be blown away at the difference the kGo makes, compared to the crappy little e-cigs you get at a gas station or smoke shop. If you smoked a pack a day, 18mg should be just about right for you. I smoked 3 packs and 24mg did the trick for me, and I didn't have a PV anywhere near as good as a kGo.

angel755

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Sarasota, FL
New and *stunned* Vaper here! Keep meaning to post and say hello but get to reading then no time so a quick HELLO to everyone and a HUGE thank you for all the great information and sharing!

PAD smoker for 30some years...always said I loved smoking and no intention of giving it up. My 70 year old Mom got an eGo-T about a month ago. Tried it and thought...hmmmm. Did some research online, thought I wanted a pv that looked like an analog. Few days later bought a Blu menthol disposable. Hated it. If I hadn't come back here and read and read and read, I would have given up, so thanks again!

Wanted something easy, got the eGo-T on April 9th. First week I vaped and smoked on one pack of analogs (Only 2-3 a day!). Last analog was Monday, 4/16 at 3pm lol. I really had little intention of quitting altogether, but, I had. Stressful day Wed., 4/18, thought I might want/need an analog so I bought a pack but didn't open them, they're still unopened in my purse. Woooohooo! The last few that I had smoked though tasted bad after vaping.

I credit this forum and all the sharing and information here with helping me in having a good first vaping experience, so important in being able to quit the analogs altogether. Now I just gotta get my juice right and I'll be set for awhile until I'm ready to upgrade or try a different pv.

A third HUGE thank you to you all! :thumbs:

Spoons

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2012
Southern Maryland
I hope you get your kgo tomorrow too!!! Now that I have added a dc tank... I am getting all the vape/nic I need. (at least for the moment) Ill let ya know how I am holding up in a few days...

echofinder

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2012
Damascus, MD
www.reddit.com
I will often accept cigs when they are offered to me; one of my household duties is rolling cigs so I typically have one after completing this task. When drinking I require an analog after a couple shots when that warm feeling starts creeping in the tummy: vaping cannot substitute the godliness that is tobacco & alcohol. When becoming intoxicated in other ways I find that vaping is equal to or better than cigs (although I cannot taste any flavor for like 30 minutes after).

During the recent holiday I had more than a couple cigs for the first time in months: when I went to bed my throat itched & I felt gross, cannot smoke on the reg anymore. I do not regret this, nor do I miss the "too many cigs" feeling.

My attitude towards cigs is otherwise unchanged after 4 months of vaping: the smell doesn't bother me, a singular analog tastes about the same as it used to (stronger though), and the "smoke on clothes/cars" smell does not irritate me.

bodrell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2010
Michigan
I've been vaping with a "real" kit (KGO) for about a month and I still smoke 3-5 cigs a day.

They don't even taste that good, but the addict part of my brain (heavy smoker for 37 years) is scared to give them up, I think! However I've cut down from about 50 RYO smokes a day to just a few and feel great about it. I hope to be posting one of those "I haven't had an analog for a month" threads soon, though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread