Do you text while driving? Watch this and you won't anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLDS181

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Western NJ
It was actors creating this, but the danger can be very real. There have been at least 3 deaths of teenagers in my town this year caused by texting while driving. Who knows whether they looked away a second or 10 seconds?

Not being argumentative BTW, just thought it was "watch worthy"...

I know why you posted it :)

But you can scan ahead, and should always be "seeing" atleast 6-10 seconds ahead. Meaning where you'll be in that time, where others will be. Believe it or not, subtle hints of drivers can be picked up on, and you'll know which lane they want to change into, if they plan on braking, etc.

The teach this in defensive driving courses, emergency vehicle operations courses, and.... motorcycle classes. Believe it or not, cars are the biggest danger to motorcyclists. Anyways......

Ever looked away for a moment to change the radio? Ever turned your head to look at your passenger, or the guy coming up to you in the next lane? Ever dropped a cigarette and briefly looked down to see where it landed?

Did you die or get into a massive accident?

Either you were lucky, or you were "looking ahead". And you looked back before the time ahead was up.

TDM

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Did her txt go thru though ???

The phone survived. Right after the crash I seen it fly by. I seriously thought it was going to be a Cell Phone ad. Like a paramedic driver pick up the phone, Hit send and then flash to the phone in 3 different colors. The HH Phone, It's indistructable!! Or something almost as lame as that.

TDM

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
phones should be banned when driving... why debate this? all this BS on the news about the plans for banning cell phones.. wtf is the hold up? do more people need to die due to stupidity?

good find, thanks.. well made, noticed some oddities though on EMS part :p
<- paramedic

If I did not use my cell phone while driving it would never be used. I have seen ALOT of idiots on the road swerving all over the place using a phone up to their ear. I drive approximately 3500 - 4200 miles per week. TRUST ME cell phones are the least of your worries for distracted drivers!!! Some people don't realize truck drivers see EVERYTHING happening in a car!! So next time you are doing whatever you are doing just remember a trucker can see ya!

I have seen ALOT of wierd stuff in my day! Everything from reading books, reading newspapers, putting on makeup, eating a pizza, & having sex. There isn't much I haven't seen people doing. So I will say this Someone texting while driving is the least of my worries when it comes to distracted drivers!!

BTW this message brought to you from a Semi Truck with a laptop doing 65 mph down I-95 in Maryland. Have a good day.

brownbrown4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2009
San Diego
phones should be banned when driving... why debate this? all this BS on the news about the plans for banning cell phones.. wtf is the hold up? do more people need to die due to stupidity?

good find, thanks.. well made, noticed some oddities though on EMS part :p
<- paramedic
no disrespect meant: but if they ban phones, they should also ban car radio's, talking to passengers, eating while driving, oh and gps devices. because they all distract the driver.
I ride a motorcycle and have seen the same thing as someone else posted. reading the paper. (ugh putting on make-up), hanging an entire outfit. all while they are driving 80mph. freaks me out.
but i pretend im a bullseye to all drivers when i'm riding or in my chevy 1500.

people just dont pay attention driving no matter what.

i just signal to them to hang up the phone as i pass them, or shake my head.

WinningQuitter

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
A2 MI
I saw this on the Factor just the other night and was thinking it would be good for the "scared straight" idea.

idk, I really think it's more to blame on people thinking every beep their cell phone makes is "SO IMPORTANT! OMG! I GOTTA ANSWER THIS NOW!!".

I was in the theater the other day, and there must have been 7-10 people texting throughout the film. They just spent $10 to watch something, and then spent half the film not paying any attention 8-o lol

TDM

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
I saw this on the Factor just the other night and was thinking it would be good for the "scared straight" idea.

Yeah RIGHT!! Sorry the scared straight program IMHO is another waste of taxpayers money. OOOH!! Watched a scary little 4 minute movie! BOO HOO HOO The next day they are describing it to their friends in a text driving doen the road, saying how "Lame" it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread