Do you vape more than when you smoked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace80s

Jul 24, 2019
Edit: I changed the title. The wording was wrong

I was a heavy smoker but somehow became a real heavy vapor. I think it has to do with the fact that I vape in places I never smoked (ex- my house, my car). Oh well. Its still better than smoking and a whole lot cheaper.

Last edited:

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
I can't smoke in the office due to the burning tip. The smoke that puts out would get me caught every time. So I vape there.

At home, in the car etc I vape when I don't want to smoke. Slowly it is becoming more vaping than smoking. Some days are better than others in that regard but overall my smoking average is waaaaay down.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Do you vape more than smoke?
Yes. I don't smoke at all, so I definitely vape more than I smoke.

But I suspect what the OP meant to ask is:

Do you vape more than smoked?
Not sure. The only time I was regularly subjected to an environment where my smoking was in any way restricted was for a few years around 1990, so I was a 40+ a day guy. Now I vape about 5ml a day. Is that more or less that two packs a day?

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I smoked a pack a day. I had an uncle who actually chain smoked and he got through 4 packs a day, so I know I wasn't smoking all the time. When I started vaping I really was vaping nonstop. Now it's a lot less. I'm still obsessive about having a vape with me if I go out in the car but often I don't even pick it up. If I'm busy doing something I forget about vaping, sometimes for long periods. Even just sitting at the computer or watching TV I sometimes go quite a while without a vape, other times I sit and vape nonstop for a while.

With cigarettes it really was a need. If you don't smoke for a while the pressure builds up and up until you light one, no matter what you are doing. That doesn't seem to happen with vaping. At least after you get past the cigarette withdrawal stage. That's my experience anyway.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
As a smoker I had 10' ish cigs a day and each cig was 13 to 15 drags.
As a vaper I some how manage to fit in 280 to 320 drags vs the 130-150 I used to while smoking.
As a smoker I probably extracted around 10 to 12mg of nic per day out of the 10 cigs, maybe more, maybe less. As a vaper I get through 7 to 10mg of nic per day, I dont know how much of that actually gets used by the body, I exhale a lot of it.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have no idea but I don't much care.

NOW I don't smoke and that's really all that matters to me. Probably not, because I use snus at work, so that's 9 hours (minimum) I don't vape, at all 5 days a week.

I have the ability to chain vape a lot if the day is right.

Also there is no way in HELL I could go 9 hours without smoking I'd be fired for all my breaks, etc.

Anna

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
from Spinfuel:

There is something, some truth that is spoken about in e-cigarette forums dozens, maybe hundreds, of times a day that for the most part all Vapers know to be true but others, non-Vapers, do not know. It is this; Vapers vape a lot more than smokers smoke.

We all know this to be true. Hell, if I counted the number of puffs/drags I take everyday from my e-cigarette and applied that number to tobacco cigarettes I would be in the category of a “4+ packs a day” smoker.

I’m a chain Vaper, like tens of thousands of others, I vape all the time. Why not? It’s safe. Harmless even. Hell, maybe even beneficial to lung health. And cheap. There isn’t a single reason that I can see for not vaping anytime I have the urge. I call it ‘pacify vaping’

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
It’s safe. Harmless even. Hell, maybe even beneficial

..[/I]
I really doubt that's true....chain vaping all day cannot be safe, harmless and beneficial. I agree it's better than smoke, but chain vaping being beneficial is far fetched

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I don't know, probably vaped more than smoked after quitting smoking. Now sometimes I vape quite often and other times not so much. I do agree I can go longer without a vape than a smoke if need be but do get as irritated when I want a vape but can't have one. Probably why I never liked shopping malls.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I don't know, probably vaped more than smoked after quitting smoking. Now sometimes I vape quite often and other times not so much. I do agree I can go longer without a vape than a smoke if need be but do get as irritated when I want a vape but can't have one. Probably why I never liked shopping malls.
There are so many reasons to hate shopping malls.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I use to smoke 30 cigs per day, about 420 drags. I never computed my vape puffs per day, but for it to be the same as when I smoked (420) I would have to take about 25puffs per hour (25×17 hrs)=425 total. I reckon that's about right. So I basically vape like I smoked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread