Does 100% VG give you a good throat hit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiverNut

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Texas
Ok, I know that one of the biggest contributing factors to a good throat hit is the nic content, but I was also under the impression that PG was another one. But now I am hearing that some folks are getting a good TH with VG. Please chime in if this is the case with you. Let me know what nic content you vape also. Thanks!

water4choc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2012
Northern Nevada
Hi Rivernut - I only vape 100% VG juices from Virgin Vapor. Right now I am 12mg nicotine and I get decent TH. I want to go to 0mg nicotine and recently bought some, but haven't tried it yet, so don't know what the TH will be like with 0mg nicotine.

By the way, I love your picture - where is that? Looks pretty nice!

TamJeff

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2012
United States
I have found the desire for throat hit to subside over time. To me, there is nothing worse than a large throat hit with little vapor. I actually find the type of moist throat hit that VG provides to be more soothing and satisfying than analogs ever were. It was the throat hit that warned me to quit analogs in the first place. I used to wake up with a throat hit just from breathing air in the morning when I woke up. I'm not looking to ever go back to that feeling.

RiverNut

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Texas
Hi Rivernut - I only vape 100% VG juices from Virgin Vapor. Right now I am 12mg nicotine and I get decent TH. I want to go to 0mg nicotine and recently bought some, but haven't tried it yet, so don't know what the TH will be like with 0mg nicotine.

By the way, I love your picture - where is that? Looks pretty nice!

Hi water4choc lol. I recently went up on my nic to 18 mg because the TH wasn't quite there. Having said though, just today I got a new rebuildable atty up and running (GG Penelope) and it hits like a train so I think I will reduce the nic 1 level and try a 50/50 pg/vg mix to see what it's like. I seriously doubt that you will get a TH with 0 nic but I'd be interested to know from you when do try it.
The pic is from a 5 day kayak/camping trip down the Rio Grand...specifically at the entrance of the Boquillas Canyon. The purest of getaways, it was just me and my buddy the whole time. As usually pictures don't really convey the grandeur. It was one of the most spiritual times of my life and hope to do it again!

RiverNut

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Texas
Some flavorings provide a degree of TH, but generally speaking it is the nic and PG. 0nic 100%VG liquid will likely provide very minimal TH, thought this isn't a hard and fast rule.

I agree with you on the flavorings. VVs root beer for example gives me more TH than KCM. Thanks for posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread