The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Does AGI dripping & tank atomizer have a hole open in drip mode?

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomizer Systems' started by Vap3ster, Jul 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Vap3ster

Vap3ster Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 22, 2013
    Miami
    I just want to know if the wick hole and fill hole are threaded and come with screws so when it is in drip mode It will not leak onto my mod? Or do one of the holes always remain open?

Shown here http://www.exhalevapors.com/AGI_Dripping_Tank_Rebuildable_Atomizer_p/3090.htm

I was going to get and IGO-L or -w but figured why not get this and I will have a Genny style that has what looks like and improved positive post compared to my aga-t2 with its little thin post.

2. ebhomepc

ebhomepc Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 21, 2013
    United Kingdom
    It does have screws to fill the holes but I have seen reviews saying it still leaks.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

3. mad maori

mad maori Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 29, 2012
    new zealand
    yup- the agi will leak in dripper mode- the agi2 doesn't leak because it has different screws, so get v2 if you can.. also the spring centre pos post sucks big time- you'd have to replace it because it will cause voltage drop.. once the post is fixed it's really good.

4. Vap3ster

Mar 22, 2013
    Miami
    What do you mean get "v2". I have a aga-t2 are you saying if I use the screws from the aga-t2 it wont leak? Or there is already a version 2 of the atomizer I am asking about.

The issue about the voltage drop with the spring I think wont be an issue if i just turn up my mod 1 volt higher than I usually vape . A trade off for having a screw at the top of my positive post compared to my current genny the aga-t2.

5. ebhomepc

Feb 21, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Talking about the agi 2 in 1 tank and dripper not the aga t2. The spring in the agi is not just about the voltage loss its also has issues with sub ohm and the spring breaking.

6. Thrasher

Thrasher ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2012
    Madeira beach, Fla
    cheaper just to get a decent dripper and a genesis and then you can use both at the same time. way too many parts for a geni in the agi. many are reporting heavy voltage loss over the spring (which should be a solid screw). then while in dripper mode, hope youi dont misplace some of those parts somewhere.

7. jfountain2

jfountain2 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 28, 2012
    United States
    How do you replace it and where do you get the parts?

I have an AGI and I am about ready to see how far I can throw it.....

8. Statistic

Statistic Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 7, 2013
    United States
    My AGI has been collecting dust since I got it. Probably the biggest dissapointment of any vape related purchase so far. It's terrible.

On the other hand I just got my IGO-W in yesterday.. very very pleased with it.

I'd recommend to anyone skip the novelty of the 2in1 and get two atty's that are each designed to do one thing and do it well.

9. ebhomepc

Feb 21, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Lol I'm really glad I skipped the agi and had the igo-w instead. Mate to be honest i have only gone on reviews on this one I have seen using a needle instead of the spring do a Google for agi needle fix you should find it.

I was going to buy the v2 a couple of days ago that fixes the leaking but on the reviews a keep seeing issues with voltage drop and the spring collapses with sub ohm etc etc so I just bought the igo-w instead.

10. foggdawg

foggdawg Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    I'm sorry to hear that. I love my AGI. I agree with Thrasher. It's probably easier to just buy a dripper. I tried the drip mode. Not too impressed. But replacing the inner spring with a small copper tube(I bought at the local hardware store) is the fix. When I replaced my spring, it had already started to melt. This AGI has performs great now. I prefer it over the aga t2. I never went back to dripping mode. Phoenix V5 a vaping beast. And as far as leaks I've had no problems with the screws in place.

11. Vap3ster

Mar 22, 2013
    Miami
    So from the sound of it I would be better off if I just keep using my aga-t2 and get a IGO-W

12. Statistic

Statistic Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 7, 2013
    United States
    The igo-w is a much better dripper than the agi in dripper mode, imo.

13. mad maori

mad maori Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 29, 2012
    new zealand
    i filed down hollow electrical a connector i got from a electronics store.. it works really good. there's a thread on agi spring fix ..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.