Status
Not open for further replies.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Okay so I have a ton (100ft) of Nextel ceramic wick. THis needs to be heat treated for use. I didnt know that when I got it. If you have a kiln or access to one, If I send it to you and heat it up I will let you keep 50 ft and you pay for shipping back to me? I will send you instruction as to the temp and the time required.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I was hoping someone out there had a kiln. If I dont hear any response, I will most likely put it in the classies for the price I paid for this new roll. I found it thru a mutual acquaintance and got it for much much less than I got the first one. They sold it to me for the same reasons, no good way to heat it up.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
lol, that is so cool, Lance. Oh Cifitzu, I still dont know what the item is? I was trying to see if I could heat "clean" the ceramic silica wick in a more convenient way. I did order a small butane device to see if that will solve the problem. It just seemed like being able to put the 50 ft or less in a kiln would make things easier. We will see. I did sell the 100 ft roll to someone that has all the equipment to treat it. I still have about 40-50ft of the original roll left so I will hold on to it and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread