Does anyone have a Sigelai 20W?

Status
Not open for further replies.

twolostminds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2009
Now that I've had my 20W for 2 days time for my impressions.....

Good quality build for the price, FastTech $83.77. I don't think I would be happy paying $120 - $150 for it but opinions on bang for your buck are subjective. Threads are better than I expected after reading reviews of China manufactured mods. The battery cap has a bit of a squeak. I didn't have any Nolox handy so I used a tiny dab of dielectric grease and it worked just fine.

One 18650 battery lasts me a full day, 7AM - 11:30PM, without a problem using my Nautilus with 1.6/1.8ohm coils. I'll most likely be getting a little less life out of the batteries when my Kayfun 3.1 gets here and I'm building 1.2ohm coils.

All in all the vape quality is even better than I expected. I thought it would be just as good as or maybe a little better than my MVP 2.0, but is turns out it is far smoother and more consistent.

I'm so envy of all of you with Sigelei 20w in your hands already! Especially if its Fasttech......
Mine is shipped since 28/3/14, still says Despatched to Overseas (Greece)........
Its been about 20 days.......

Funny thing is, since I'm upgrading from Spinner / Aspire BDC, these are all my vape mails from various places all of the world..

Black Copper Stingray by Infinite, via Ebay (US)
Sigelei 20w, via Fasttech
Nitecore Intelicharger I2, via Fasttech
Quasar RDA Clone by VapingTech, via Ebay (US)
eXpromizer by exVape, official site (Germany)
Kayfun Lite (Black Russian 91%) Clone by sleepyhollowvapes, via Ebay (US)
Some 50m 28g Kanthal A-1

LastRide

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2010
Canada
I picked up my 20 today. Its a little smaller than I thought it would be. Nice for booting around town, out to camp or whatever. I fired it up and vapes like a champ. Pretty impressed with it. For the price you can't go wrong. The light stays on quite a while on my seven 22. This one dims as soon as you quit firing. Indoors I can still see the display fine. I imagine it will be hard to see on a sunny days outside.

juicefreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2009
Oklahoma
close call today with my beloved sig 20. was out watering bushes and noticed i was soaking my boots. had the 20 hanging from a lanyard that likes to swing when i bend over. must have gotten a lot of water on it, because there was condensation under the screen. broke my heart, but about 3 mins with the hair dryer when i just couldn't stand to look at it any more, and couldn't part with it long enough to put it in a bag of rice, it's all better!!

it must have entered through the button. i took off the top cap/battery compartment and held it safely at a distance so i wouldn't overheat the plexi screen.

big phew!! no more working with water around it ;-)

LastRide

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2010
Canada
close call today with my beloved sig 20. was out watering bushes and noticed i was soaking my boots. had the 20 hanging from a lanyard that likes to swing when i bend over. must have gotten a lot of water on it, because there was condensation under the screen. broke my heart, but about 3 mins with the hair dryer when i just couldn't stand to look at it any more, and couldn't part with it long enough to put it in a bag of rice, it's all better!!

it must have entered through the button. i took off the top cap/battery compartment and held it safely at a distance so i wouldn't overheat the plexi screen.

The water itself inside would evaporate eventually. If water can get in, so can the air. Putting it outside in the breeze or someplace warm. It wouldn't take long. As long as the circuit board didn't get soaked. Even then it probably might be fine if let dried real well. The circuit board can start to rust. If you get at it quick, you can cut down the chances.

thompsondd

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2013
East Coast
Now that I've had my 20W for 2 days time for my impressions.....

Good quality build for the price, FastTech $83.77. I don't think I would be happy paying $120 - $150 for it but opinions on bang for your buck are subjective. Threads are better than I expected after reading reviews of China manufactured mods. The battery cap has a bit of a squeak. I didn't have any Nolox handy so I used a tiny dab of dielectric grease and it worked just fine.

One 18650 battery lasts me a full day, 7AM - 11:30PM, without a problem using my Nautilus with 1.6/1.8ohm coils. I'll most likely be getting a little less life out of the batteries when my Kayfun 3.1 gets here and I'm building 1.2ohm coils.

All in all the vape quality is even better than I expected. I thought it would be just as good as or maybe a little better than my MVP 2.0, but is turns out it is far smoother and more consistent.

Agreed, although it sounds as if I may be a little MORE happy with the 20w than you.

It is a SMOOTH and CONSISTENT vape. Couldn't have said it better.

My only concern so far isn't with the button but with the battery cap and threads. There aren't a lot of threads. The 18650 fills the compartment completely so there is a fair amount of pressure on the cap spring before you even reach the threads. Pushing the cap while trying to thread it on causes me to worry that I could easily cross thread and/or strip it.

Other than that, this is BY FAR the best APV I have tried to date (with 2 days usage so far).

twolostminds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2009

Naughty naughty....ecig's don't like going swimming. Very happy to hear that your Sig survived.

Maxwell_Edison

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Ohio
beatlesnumber9.com
Got my Legend today! OMG dudes and dudettes, this thing is pure magic. Sturdy, feels good, looks amazing and most important hits are consistent (and BONUS - it's easy to use.) I just bought a Volcano Lavatube 6-7 months ago, and I got a lot of --- not misfires, but seemed like the voltage wasn't stable and I just got tired of it. I'll keep it in my collection, but I'm REALLY happy with this Sig 20W Legend and it's gyro menu. (It might seem a bit gimmicky, but it will blow your friends minds, they'll be like ... and like I said, it's really easy to figure out) lol Thanks varitube. Excellent mod. Now I need some Bottom Coil Tanks and I got my eye on the 30w. ;) ~~~~

juicefreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2009
Oklahoma
Naughty naughty....ecig's don't like going swimming. Very happy to hear that your Sig survived.

oh me too! i have a hard time seeing without my ole lady readers, and with condensation it was hard to read. i realized i can actually put it down and walk away ;-) with all my other e-cigs they were sucked like a lollipop all day long, versus take a drag on the 20w and i'm good to go. didn't know what i was missing = consistency. hate to think of all the juice i've sucked through the years with no joy.

juicefreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2009
Oklahoma
The water itself inside would evaporate eventually. If water can get in, so can the air. Putting it outside in the breeze or someplace warm. It wouldn't take long. As long as the circuit board didn't get soaked. Even then it probably might be fine if let dried real well. The circuit board can start to rust. If you get at it quick, you can cut down the chances.

thx LR. i had to hit it about 3 more x with the hair dryer. b/c it kept rising to the surface, but it's finally all better now. glad i got a square trade ext wtty with accidental. i *know* my limitations ;-) will be good for 3 yrs no matter what i do to it. when new chips come out and this drops down to about $40 down the road, i'll pick up a spare too. Can't imagine needing more than 20w. I like the fact that as my diy coils nose dive on me in ohms, this will still fire them.

Maxwell_Edison

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Ohio
beatlesnumber9.com
I'm having a bit of trouble setting watts and volts, as I've only ever used VV mods. I now have 2ohm dual coil cartomizers but have a couple bottom coil tanks in the mail. I wish I knew a typical starting point to adjust from for watts. Would be cool if there was a chart for approx. setting for resistance and how to figure out dual carts. I ordered 3 ohm bottom coils and two tanks. PBC and Nautica (idk for sure what it's called) and I guess the setting will be different for them. How to get started? Anyone?

Maybe someone knows what the watts are on a typical VV mod? That might be a good place to start. idk ....

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
I'm having a bit of trouble setting watts and volts, as I've only ever used VV mods. I now have 2ohm dual coil cartomizers but have a couple bottom coil tanks in the mail. I wish I knew a typical starting point to adjust from for watts. Would be cool if there was a chart for approx. setting for resistance and how to figure out dual carts. I ordered 3 ohm bottom coils and two tanks. PBC and Nautica (idk for sure what it's called) and I guess the setting will be different for them. How to get started? Anyone?

Maybe someone knows what the watts are on a typical VV mod? That might be a good place to start. idk ....

The display on the 20W tells you how many volts it's applying for the watts you've selected.

Maxwell_Edison

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Ohio
beatlesnumber9.com
The display on the 20W tells you how many volts it's applying for the watts you've selected.

What setting should I use for watts? There must be some kind of default setting to adjust from. I've already experienced burning and not enough power. I'm trying to figure it out but have no idea where to start. 12w was too high, 8 not enough. tried both at 4.8v, 5v and 5.5v. (I do know the actual setting is a personal preference, but I need a starting point. Believe it or not, google can't even help me with this question)..... :/

ancientgeek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Ordered a 20W on the April 8 from FT and it was delivered on the 15th. Best turnaround yet from FT. The 20W is everything I had hoped it would be. I have an eVic, Vamo 3, and an SVD. Each has good points: the eVic screen, the Vamo ease of use, and the SVD's locking power feature. The Sigelei 20W has all that plus spring loaded 510 connector pin, flush mount, higher power availability, constant power signal, and a cylindrical form factor. I am very pleased with the look, fit, and finish. I have used the 20W through a couple of KFL tanks and it is working flawlessly. I think I've found my daily APV. The others just became back-ups rather than being in rotation.

Pros
Cylindrical form factor
DNA20 style OLED screen
One button ease of use
Simple menu system
No accidental power changes
Flush mount
Spring loaded 510 connector pin
Up to 20 Watt output
Flat power signal (no PWM)
Price (from FT)

Cons
Screen dims too fast
Resets to 10 Watts at battery change

These were the pros and cons that appeal to me, I don't want VV, I don't care about sub-Ohm vaping (a;though the 20W will fire down to .5 OHM), I don't want a box mod or a mech. It's just me.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
What setting should I use for watts? There must be some kind of default setting to adjust from. I've already experienced burning and not enough power. I'm trying to figure it out but have no idea where to start. 12w was too high, 8 not enough. tried both at 4.8v, 5v and 5.5v. (I do know the actual setting is a personal preference, but I need a starting point. Believe it or not, google can't even help me with this question)..... :/

Then I would try 10 watts (the default setting) and adjust from there. Go up and or down in .5 watt increments until you've gone a little to far, then slowly back off in .1 watt increments.

Maxwell_Edison

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Ohio
beatlesnumber9.com
Then I would try 10 watts (the default setting) and adjust from there. Go up and or down in .5 watt increments until you've gone a little to far, then slowly back off in .1 watt increments.

I'll give that a shot. I suppose the volt settings doesn't matter? Or set it at_____? idk... (feeling stupid)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread