Does anyone have a Sigelai 20W?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LastRide

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2010
Canada
I have been using mine for a couple of day's now at 16 watts and a 9Ω coil and i'm very impressed with it. I can't wait to order the 18500 tube Friday to shorten it up a little for when i go out and about:laugh:

Who sells the tubes ?, and is it the Legend tube that fits or the Zmax ?.

Maxwell_Edison

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Ohio
beatlesnumber9.com
So to adjust the voltage while in use, you have to turn it off, turn it back on and tilt it? I have one on the way, I just didn't think of this. Turning it off and on to adjust seems like it might be hard on the buttons and circuit board, and a PITA. I always start at low volt and work up, to keep from burning carto filler. At least till I get a bottom coil system. :)

juicefreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2009
Oklahoma
So to adjust the voltage while in use, you have to turn it off, turn it back on and tilt it? I have one on the way, I just didn't think of this. Turning it off and on to adjust seems like it might be hard on the buttons and circuit board, and a PITA. I always start at low volt and work up, to keep from burning carto filler. At least till I get a bottom coil system. :)

no you don't have to turn it off. just 5 click it into the menu > 1 click to get the watts setting and then tilt it. one more click to the exit menu > tilt it and it takes you back to the main screen ready to vape

Maxwell_Edison

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Ohio
beatlesnumber9.com
no you don't have to turn it off. just 5 click it into the menu > 1 click to get the watts setting and then tilt it. one more click to the exit menu > tilt it and it takes you back to the main screen ready to vape
I'm glad to hear that! Whew!

How do you turn it off? I bet I'll have mine Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rock n ROLLLLLLLLLLLLLL ;) I'm sure it comes with instruction manual?? What kind of tank do you use juicefreak?

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD

How do you turn it off? I bet I'll have mine Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rock n ROLLLLLLLLLLLLLL ;) I'm sure it comes with instruction manual?? What kind of tank do you use juicefreak?

5 clicks to power on. Once the unit is on, 5 more clicks to get in to the menu. The first menu option is power where tilting the unit to the left will turn it off. Click one more time to (total of 6 clicks) to adjust power. One more click gives you the option to exist the menu (or you can just let the unit sit for a while).

Afatty

Moved On
May 10, 2013
AL,USA
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered supplier

Afatty

Moved On
May 10, 2013
AL,USA
  • Deleted by retired1

Afatty

Moved On
May 10, 2013
AL,USA
  • Deleted by retired1

Afatty

Moved On
May 10, 2013
AL,USA
  • Deleted by retired1

Maxwell_Edison

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Ohio
beatlesnumber9.com
5 clicks to power on. Once the unit is on, 5 more clicks to get in to the menu. The first menu option is power where tilting the unit to the left will turn it off. Click one more time to (total of 6 clicks) to adjust power. One more click gives you the option to exist the menu (or you can just let the unit sit for a while).

Sounds sweet, thanks!!

thompsondd

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2013
East Coast
Just got my Sigelei 20W in on Saturday. Didn't open it until this morning. Popped an 18650 in and away I went. NO learning curve.

I found the menu very easy to get use to and navigate.

Pros and cons have already been discussed. Going back to 10W after battery change. Menu going dark when not firing. Etc.

I freaking love this thing. I just picked up an SVD about a month ago to replace a VTR. The 510 threads stripped on the VTR and I was forced to use the stovepipe extension tube. Grabbed the SVD as a fast replacement. Was never very happy with it. Button is mushy. Didn't like the fire button being on the other side of the display. Etc.

The Sigelei 20W is a little thicker than my SVD, but not quite as tall. Very solid. The extra girth makes a PT2/Aerotank look a little small but not too bad.

The 20W (so far) is a DREAM. I love it. Solid, nothing cheap. Button feels good. Battery cap screws on with no squeaking. Stylish. Easy to use. And a REAL PRODUCER.

I love having a battery 'meter'. Excellent!!

I also picked up a Seven 22. Can't wait for the 26500s to charge so I can give it a run too!

ecf.jpg
ecf2.jpg

Last edited:

Steakjuice

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
Toronto, ON Canada
Even if you don't use full wattage, I think the benefit is clean regulated power at a $80 price point. Mine is on the truck for delivery. When the 30s come out (and get reviewed) I'll retire something and get one of those in a box version too :)

My layman's interpretation is "clean signal versus noisy signal"; that's the only way I can make sense of it! At any rate, I am very eager to experience the difference myself. Also looking forward to seeing how the HM clones perform and how they'll impact the price of other Chinese DNA mods. Gonna be a mighty interesting summer.

As an aside, not sure if you follow MMA, but you've got a real Dan Couture look going on there.

blueGrassTubb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
The Bluegrass

You don't have to turn it off to adjust the wattage.

When the unit is on, you click the fire button 5 times. That will bring you to the menu system. Click the button once and that will bring you to the wattage adjustment (the first option in the settings is to turn the unit off). Tilt the unit left or right depending on whether you want to go up or down until you get to the setting you want, then click the button (which will bring you to the exit menu menu). Tilt the unit to the left and the unit is back in fire mode. There are few reasons to ever turn it off. The only time I turn mine off is when I'm going to leave it be for a while (when I go to sleep).

thompsondd

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2013
East Coast
You don't have to turn it off to adjust the wattage.

When the unit is on, you click the fire button 5 times. That will bring you to the menu system. Click the button once and that will bring you to the wattage adjustment (the first option in the settings is to turn the unit off). Tilt the unit left or right depending on whether you want to go up or down until you get to the setting you want, then click the button (which will bring you to the exit menu menu). Tilt the unit to the left and the unit is back in fire mode. There are few reasons to ever turn it off. The only time I turn mine off is when I'm going to leave it be for a while (when I go to sleep).

Spot on!! Perfect explanation. Menu is pretty straight forward and super easy.

juicefreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2009
Oklahoma

i'm waiting for a russian 91% clone from fasttech so all i have here is my RBA phoenix drippers. been using those for a couple years. nice flavorful vape, but i'm looking forward to a tank.

to shut it off you just 5 click into the menu. the first option that comes up is System > tilt it to the left and it says byebye ;-) off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread