Does anyone know of a good guide or tips to building an rsst?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give YouTube a look. Search for genesis atomizer set up or similar searches. The same rules apply. Donny skip the juice burns either, you need to get a good carbon layer on the wick for you spinner. 4/5 wrap of 32ga (.20mm) should put you around 2ohms. I'd post a link but my phones not ideal for searching YouTube unless I'm on wifi.

v1kingfan

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2013
wisconin,usa
Ok, so I tried re-wrapping it and did another butane burn and I got a about a 1.7. It stayed pretty steady at 1.7. Is that ok to fire on an ego twist?
Edit: I got it to fire, but now I got a hotspot that broke the coil. I re-wrapped the coil and now I have a hotspot again. Did I maybe not oxidize the wick enough?

Last edited:

CloudZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
You need to fix all the hotspots and shorts before filling with juice and using the RSST. Otherwise you will be popping coils and getting terrible performance.

There are lots of videos on YouTube about this. The way I do it is to "strum" a coil wrap that seems to be getting too hot, basically nudging it up or down. Then the little "lightning bolts" going into the mesh from the wire, which I assume are shorts, get fixed by simply poking that spot with a blunt needle. It's not really that straight forward and easy to explain, everyone does it slightly differently and you really have to just tinker with it until you figure out what works best for you.

I use a small flat head screw driver to work out the hot spots. Make sure you have no hot spots before you.add juice. When it looks good and glowing even keep pulsing a few more times to make sure. Sometimes moving coils below and above the hotspot can help too. Put some juice on the coil and fire a few times adding juice to keep it wet and look for hot spots. If your still good then your ready to fill and vape.

It can be fiddly at first but once it's good depending on darkness and sweetness of your juice the coil will last a long time. The wick will last months.

To get months out of a wick you will need to clean the gunk off it from time to time. And when you wrap your coil make sure that it's touching the wick but loose enough that you can pull your wick out and re insert it. This way you can dry burn your coil and brush the gunk off with an old tooth brush. I also wash off my wick and brush it when it's really gunked up. After cleaning you will need to go though the hot spot regimen again but it gets easier every time.

I'm an oddball that likes the RSST better on a regulated device than a mech, go figure. Youtube is your friend but if you need any help just send me a PM.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Ok, so I tried re-wrapping it and did another butane burn and I got a about a 1.7. It stayed pretty steady at 1.7. Is that ok to fire on an ego twist?
Edit: I got it to fire, but now I got a hotspot that broke the coil. I re-wrapped the coil and now I have a hotspot again. Did I maybe not oxidize the wick enough?

I would recommend a better battery for the rsst. ego's are good with vivi nova's and such, but not so good with genesis atomizers

tincbtrar

Verified Member
Jan 17, 2013
NYC
After struggling with the aga t2 I bought an rsst and struggled as well until I went to the ss rope wick and ribbon kanthal setup.

Torching, spacing, rolling...I couldn't get anything set up. I only use mech mods too so its easier to pulse while setting up.

Took me about 3 weeks to get a decent vaping coil setup and now I can almost do it consistently.

Practice and stick with it. Think of all the money you will save when you get the knack of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread