Does anyone still uses Titanium for coils or is this wire dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rokyo87

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2016
I am just wondering if I am the only one who uses Titanium wire for making coils regulary? Titanium is my wire of the choice because I think, according to all informations I read about it, is possibly the safest wire out there (if you use it in TC mode and without dry burning before making coil).

Am I alone who has that opinion?

Poslano z mojega SM-G955F z uporabo Tapatalk

BigEgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Alabama
I agree it is probably the safest (it's pure titanium which is not toxic), but it is tougher to work with than stainless. Also, be sure and only use tempered (cold-rolled or whatever the proper term is) because the annealed stuff will break during vaping. Happened to me a while back -- coil popped in my mouth and I felt it for a few days.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I use ss 316l just because I like the option of tc and wattage. Going from one to the other and adjusting wattage and temperature changes up the flavor of my juice which I enjoy. I only vape one flavor, which I mix myself, so I guess it’s my way of switching flavors albeit very subtly. I’ve only used ss and kanthal but have never noticed difference in the flavor produced from a wire or tasted a wire flavor at all.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I agree it is probably the safest (it's pure titanium which is not toxic), but it is tougher to work with than stainless. Also, be sure and only use tempered (cold-rolled or whatever the proper term is) because the annealed stuff will break during vaping. Happened to me a while back -- coil popped in my mouth and I felt it for a few days.
The problem is when you heat it the surface stops being pure. That’s why you can’t dry burn titanium.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The small number of responses here surprises me, as I thought titanium was still more common.
I’m not terribly surprised. A few people are still using it because it’s what they prefer, but it’s just an all together less friendly material than SS and is useful only for TC which a lot of people have stopped messing with. The surprising one to me is that SS is remaining popular with people who no longer TC

Reactions: Rossum

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I’m not terribly surprised. A few people are still using it because it’s what they prefer, but it’s just an all together less friendly material than SS and is useful only for TC which a lot of people have stopped messing with. The surprising one to me is that SS is remaining popular with people who no longer TC
I must have sensitive tastes because when I have tried to use SS, it taste funny to me. But using titanium coils, the vape is full of flavor and I don't have to worry about any burnt hits and its lasts a really long time between cleanings and rewicking. Complete winner to me.

:)

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I must have sensitive tastes because when I have tried to use SS, it taste funny to me. But using titanium coils, the vape is full of flavor and I don't have to worry about any burnt hits and its lasts a really long time between cleanings and rewicking. Complete winner to me.

:)
Like I said preferred by some. I never got into Ti myself. I didn’t mess with TC until SS was already out, and when I did try it I just couldn’t get a really satisfying vape out of it. I could see how some find it to be splendid though. Smoking is just so subjective. It’s all about what your personal experience is.

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    I use ss 316l just because I like the option of tc and wattage. Going from one to the other and adjusting wattage and temperature changes up the flavor of my juice which I enjoy.
    So very true about juice flavors, and why I'll usually vape a tankful of a new juice in watts before moving to TC with SS. I've totally hidden menthol, and burned Peanut Butter and Cocoa with TC.
    That’s why you can’t dry burn titanium.
    I dry burn all my wires, mind you it's what I'd call a dull glow at ~8-9 watts till it's even.
    The surprising one to me is that SS is remaining popular with people who no longer TC
    I personally found it a cleaner taste than kanthal.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I use titanium and I think it produces the best flavour hands down.

Just my opinion, but wire is just a source of heat to atomize juice. I hear people say that it's a flavor wire, but I can't for the life of me understand how it could enhance flavor. Wicking yes, but wire?

This guy talks about coil wires and flavor. Maybe flavor is tainted by certain wires and the lack of metallic taste in others brings out the flavor.

5 Types Of Wires Used For Vaping

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread