The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Does anyone still uses Titanium for coils or is this wire dead?

Discussion in 'Wick and Wire' started by rokyo87, Dec 21, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. rokyo87

rokyo87 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2016
    I am just wondering if I am the only one who uses Titanium wire for making coils regulary? Titanium is my wire of the choice because I think, according to all informations I read about it, is possibly the safest wire out there (if you use it in TC mode and without dry burning before making coil).

Am I alone who has that opinion?

Poslano z mojega SM-G955F z uporabo Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I've never used titanium, went straight to SS since it can be used in wattage and TC mode. :)

Anna

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Wayneo

Wayneo Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 5, 2015
    Oh Canada
    Temco Ti01 is still my favorite wire. Ohms out perfectly for my builds, great battery life with my mods. :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hunterwasser
    How you perceive titanium's performance is up to you, but in terms of ease of use SS has got the edge.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. ShowerHead

ShowerHead Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 23, 2014
    Massachusetts
    I still have some Ti around but quit using it when I discovered SS430.

• Like Like x 2
  6. BigEgo

BigEgo Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2013
    Alabama
    I agree it is probably the safest (it's pure titanium which is not toxic), but it is tougher to work with than stainless. Also, be sure and only use tempered (cold-rolled or whatever the proper term is) because the annealed stuff will break during vaping. Happened to me a while back -- coil popped in my mouth and I felt it for a few days.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. cheech226

cheech226 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 6, 2014
    Baton Rouge, LA. USA
    temco ti wire and rayon has been all i've used for almost 3 years and i love it! tried 316l a few times but went right back.

• Like Like x 4
  8. madstabber

madstabber Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I use ss 316l just because I like the option of tc and wattage. Going from one to the other and adjusting wattage and temperature changes up the flavor of my juice which I enjoy. I only vape one flavor, which I mix myself, so I guess it’s my way of switching flavors albeit very subtly. I’ve only used ss and kanthal but have never noticed difference in the flavor produced from a wire or tasted a wire flavor at all.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Sugar_and_Spice

Sugar_and_Spice Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    I use titanium coils and love them.....best vape out there. imo...

:)

• Like Like x 3
  10. bombastinator

bombastinator Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    The problem is when you heat it the surface stops being pure. That’s why you can’t dry burn titanium.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. 440BB

440BB Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City
    The small number of responses here surprises me, as I thought titanium was still more common.

• Like Like x 1
  12. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I’m not terribly surprised. A few people are still using it because it’s what they prefer, but it’s just an all together less friendly material than SS and is useful only for TC which a lot of people have stopped messing with. The surprising one to me is that SS is remaining popular with people who no longer TC

13. Sugar_and_Spice

Sugar_and_Spice Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    I must have sensitive tastes because when I have tried to use SS, it taste funny to me. But using titanium coils, the vape is full of flavor and I don't have to worry about any burnt hits and its lasts a really long time between cleanings and rewicking. Complete winner to me.

:)

14. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Like I said preferred by some. I never got into Ti myself. I didn’t mess with TC until SS was already out, and when I did try it I just couldn’t get a really satisfying vape out of it. I could see how some find it to be splendid though. Smoking is just so subjective. It’s all about what your personal experience is.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Wayneo

Wayneo Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 5, 2015
    Oh Canada
    So very true about juice flavors, and why I'll usually vape a tankful of a new juice in watts before moving to TC with SS. I've totally hidden menthol, and burned Peanut Butter and Cocoa with TC.
    I dry burn all my wires, mind you it's what I'd call a dull glow at ~8-9 watts till it's even.
    I personally found it a cleaner taste than kanthal.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Titanium never appealed to me. I bought a spool one time and tried a coil. You can't dry burn it, so a cruddy coil has to be hand washed with a brush. That's too much trouble vs SS316L or Kanthal. SS316L has been my favorite for several years.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dropmyload

Dropmyload Super Member Verified Member

Oct 23, 2017
    I use titanium and I think it produces the best flavour hands down.

• Like Like x 1