Does distilled water make your vapor more "moist"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
So I have one flavor of juice that I like to vape (Bubblegum specifically) but it "feels" really dry when vaped compared to other flavors. Because of this I can't vape very much of it before my mouth feels like the Shara desert. I was wondering if I reformulated the solution to use some amount of DW if that would change how dry it feels? Like would it feel more moist? Does anyone have any experience with this?

It's not the PG/VG ratio because I use the same ratio in all my juices. I do add some sweetener but I also add the same sweetener to my Lemonade with no issue. So it seems to be just this one flavor for some reason.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
So I have one flavor of juice that I like to vape (Bubblegum specifically) but it "feels" really dry when vaped compared to other flavors. Because of this I can't vape very much of it before my mouth feels like the Shara desert. I was wondering if I reformulated the solution to use some amount of DW if that would change how dry it feels? Like would it feel more moist? Does anyone have any experience with this?

It's not the PG/VG ratio because I use the same ratio in all my juices. I do add some sweetener but I also add the same sweetener to my Lemonade with no issue. So it seems to be just this one flavor for some reason.
Try using some Dragon Fruit. Not much maybe try a few drops and test. It has a slight sweet flavor so maybe you will use less sweetner in your next mix. Another one would be cactus for a feeling of wet. But only a drop or 2 of that.
It should not change the taste of your mix at all.
YMMV

:)

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Have you steeped your juice a little? The dry feeling comes from too much PG. Leave it with the cap off for a little while.

I appreciate the suggestion, but I don't think my issue is PG. Like I said in my OP I use the same PG/VG ratio in this juice as I do in pretty much all of my other flavors. Actually thinking about it, there is one recipe I make that actually has 5% more PG and even it doesn't have this problem. If this were a PG issue shouldn't I have this problem with all of my other juices, especially the one that has more PG in it?

Reactions: stols001

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Try using some Dragon Fruit. Not much maybe try a few drops and test. It has a slight sweet flavor so maybe you will use less sweetner in your next mix. Another one would be cactus for a feeling of wet. But only a drop or 2 of that.
It should not change the taste of your mix at all.
YMMV

I do have some cotton candy, I may try that first. Then I'll try the cactus. I really don't think it's the sweetener though since I use the same sweetener at the same % in my lemonade and it doesn't feel dry. Thanks for the suggestion.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I appreciate the suggestion, but I don't think my issue is PG. Like I said in my OP I use the same PG/VG ratio in this juice as I do in pretty much all of my other flavors. Actually thinking about it, there is one recipe I make that actually has 5% more PG and even it doesn't have this problem. If this were a PG issue shouldn't I have this problem with all of my other juices, especially the one that has more PG in it?
What % of flavoring did you use in your mix. Sometimes if over- flavored dryness will result. Did you age your mix before using it? If not, remember even if its a shake and vape, the flavors will still go through the aging process. Depending on the amount of flavoring used will determine how strong it gets.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I do have some cotton candy, I may try that first. Then I'll try the cactus. I really don't think it's the sweetener though since I use the same sweetener at the same % in my lemonade and it doesn't feel dry. Thanks for the suggestion.
Cotton Candy is ethyl malto, not a sweetner per se. It may mute some flavors. Dragon Fruit has a slightly sweet flavor but can also add wetness to the ejuice which is why I suggested it.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
What % of flavoring did you use in your mix. Sometimes if over- flavored dryness will result. Did you age your mix before using it? If not, remember even if its a shake and vape, the flavors will still go through the aging process. Depending on the amount of flavoring used will determine how strong it gets.

Yes and no. I made a 236ml bottle about 3 weeks ago. I have been vaping it off and on over those 3 weeks and still have more than half the bottle left. So no it was not originally steeped, but at this point it has been steeping for 3 weeks and no change in flavor or dryness.

Now no vapor feels super moist and juicy, but this one is just extra dry like a really dry gin, or a vermouth. It would be superb if someone could figure out a way to make vapor truly juicy, like a starburst candy or something.

EDIT: oh I mix the flavor at 10%.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Cotton Candy is ethyl malto, not a sweetner per se. It may mute some flavors. Dragon Fruit has a slightly sweet flavor but can also add wetness to the ejuice which is why I suggested it.

Ahh, I see. I'll check into it then. Thanks again.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Yes and no. I made a 236ml bottle about 3 weeks ago. I have been vaping it off and on over those 3 weeks and still have more than half the bottle left. So no it was not originally steeped, but at this point it has been steeping for 3 weeks and no change in flavor or dryness.

Now no vapor feels super moist and juicy, but this one is just extra dry like a really dry gin, or a vermouth. It would be superb if someone could figure out a way to make vapor truly juicy, like a starburst candy or something.

EDIT: oh I mix the flavor at 10%.
Ok. That is a great % for bubble gum. I really suggest you try cactus. It really does have a moist mouth feel to it. I would suggest trying it in maybe a 10ml bottle with your bubble gum. No sense in trying to do it all at one time. Go slowly, try 1 or 2 drops in the 10 ml bottle and vape on it a while to see if it helps. If you want to add more still only do 1 drop at a time and vape.

eta
I use Inwerta cactus....don't know about any other flavor maker version.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada

I used to use some DW in my juices when I used high VG mixes for the thinning effect to help with wicking back in the day. I have also experimented with DW to reduce my cloud for stealth vaping. That was also a while back :)

In my experience I never found the addition of DW made my vape any wetter. I generally find the 'saturation' of my vape is mostly dependant on how well the system wicks.

Not sure if that helps any, but it's all I've got.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I used to use some DW in my juices when I used high VG mixes for the thinning effect to help with wicking back in the day. I have also experimented with DW to reduce my cloud for stealth vaping. That was also a while back :)

In my experience I never found the addition of DW made my vape any wetter. I generally find the 'saturation' of my vape is mostly dependant on how well the system wicks.

Not sure if that helps any, but it's all I've got.

Good info. Thanks.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Maybe it could be the tank. I have been vaping the BBG in a SMOK TF-RTA whereas I vape my Wintergreen in a Serpent SMM. I do have a spare SMM I could setup to try, but I think I will wait a few days until I receive the sample of Rayon that @Sugar_and_Spice has graciously sent. If that doesn't fix this, then I'll order some cactus juice or dragon fruit and try that.

Thanks everyone.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Maybe it could be the tank. I have been vaping the BBG in a SMOK TF-RTA whereas I vape my Wintergreen in a Serpent SMM. I do have a spare SMM I could setup to try, but I think I will wait a few days until I receive the sample of Rayon that @Sugar_and_Spice has graciously sent. If that doesn't fix this, then I'll order some cactus juice or dragon fruit and try that.

Thanks everyone.
I tend to think its the LA BB. That is why I always mix another bb flavoring with it. ie. FW is good but so is TFA. FW takes more because it is not as potent as TFA. Just my 2 pennies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread