Does it concern you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it kind of give you the creeps to think about those who come across the e-cigarette only knowing what they read in the product advertising and not what they could learn from here?

I've wondered how many have bought an njoy or a Crown 7 in the states believing it's the only device available? And may have had throat and skin problems and not attribute it to PG because the e-cigarettes are "safe"?

Or not understand that nicotine liquid is poisonous? Do not leave carts laying around pets and children?

Or they're still getting nicotine even if they're not getting the "vapor"?

Or that the e-cig really ISN'T welcome everywhere? How many times have we come across that?

Or that the e-cig is NOT infallible?

I'm grateful that there are a lot who find this forum because they want to know more. But there are even more of those who don't find the forum and may not use the product responsibly.

I'm also grateful to some of the resellers who post GOOD information or refer them to this or another site for more information.

But there are those who don't.

All of this information, or lack thereof, is scary to me.

Last edited:
Right Rach, but that's assuming that all users have any common sense. Those without are the ones I'm concerned about. Especially with not being responsible with the cartridges around small children and pets. None of the packaging contains any warnings. (it might be a good idea to put a warning on the package, I'm just saying) The sites do say, keep out of reach of children...but for some people, unless it's on the package, the "idiot" will come out.

If a dog or child finds no problem eating a cigarette ...., then how sweet will a strawberry flavored cart be?

dnakr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2008
Virginia, USA
I understand what you are saying. I don't believe the packages will have any warnings on them until they are regulated. As far as the "idiot" scenario, unless the person really wants to know how the e-cig will affect them and others around them, even a warning on the packages will be useless. Unless the person is responsible, no matter how safe or how many warnings you use, it will be taken with a grain of salt.

Mamba

Jun 19, 2008
U.S.A.
That is why FTC involvement at some point is probably inevitable. Retailers really ought to stop making unsupportable and erroneous claims. For example, how many times have I seen a site say that what is exhaled is "harmless water vapor".

What concerns me even more is that we as e-cig consumers happily puff away on cartridges and liquid which apparently are not guaranteed to be pharmaceutical grade and manufactured under good manufacturing practices (GMP). I would like to see cartridge content and quality clearly listed on all retailer's sites.

The long-term safety of inhaling propylene glycol is unknown even if the ingredients are as stated. But the risk of inhaling cartridges and liquid not certified pharmaceutical grade and GMP may not possibly be worth the so-called benefit of e-smoking.

Would you buy a prescription drug from someone with a hokey site and or manufactured in their basement with procedures of unknown cleanliness? The real truth is that we don't really know much about the quality or origin of something we're inhaling many times a day. As I've said before I think we're all a bit insane.:D

By the way, I'd love to stand corrected. Manufacturers and retailers can feel free to post links on this thread to certifications that their cartridges/liquids are pharmaceutical grade and are manufactured in facilities following GMP guidelines.

phylo

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2008
Santa Cruz Ca.
  • Deleted by Oliver

tribalmasters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2008
United Kingdom
I am worried about my friend Pat who I work with. I gave her the link to this forum and Smokester to buy it off with a note saying buy plenty of spares. She doesn't have Internet so got her sister to order the Supermini!! She got just the starter pack with the 5 carts to try. I hope she does OK tho she won;t know what to do when the atoniser goes wrong!

Xanth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2008
Rot & Ruin
This is a great forum. I'm so glad it existed, if not i would have bought a $200 e-Cig and it could have broke in 2 days and i'll start whining.

I'm telling everyone around me about this site. Those who doubt the e-Cig and especially those who thinks that it is as useless as nicorette sticks.

And yes, i have a pet cat at home, and i will be keeping my carts safe from reach when it's here.

DeviLFisH

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2008
This is a great forum. I'm so glad it existed, if not i would have bought a $200 e-Cig and it could have broke in 2 days and i'll start whining.

I'm telling everyone around me about this site. Those who doubt the e-Cig and especially those who thinks that it is as useless as nicorette sticks.

And yes, i have a pet cat at home, and i will be keeping my carts safe from reach when it's here.
:D;) hope urs coming soon and next DON'T PUT TOO MUCH HOPE ON IT EITHER..., is totally different from real cig .the feelings
and yup it do cut down ur intake of real cig and some can do without real cig and on e cig .
but for me I still cannot here, have to smoke atleast a few stick of real cig :mad:

DeviLFisH

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2008

bishybob

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2008
Arizona, USA
Im trying to address these exact issues... Please take a look at this forum post if you dont mind.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...rs-forum/1992-anyone-mind-taking-look-me.html

thanks
Phil

That's a great idea. I think all suppliers should put something like that together and ship it with the product. Meltrex sent a short letter with his as well. Hey Mel you should expand on yours a bit too. I'll try to think of a few suggestions and post them at the thread you pointed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread