Does it make sense for me to buy additional nicotine in PG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Probably. It's also easier to work with when cold as it's far less viscous than VG. If you're looking to grab some nic concentrate out of your freezer stash into a smaller "work" bottle (I usually use a 30 or 60 ml bottle for my 100 mg nic to mix out of) it's much easier than allowing the VG to warm up more to get some out.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Probably. It's also easier to work with when cold as it's far less viscous than VG. If you're looking to grab some nic concentrate out of your freezer stash into a smaller "work" bottle (I usually use a 30 or 60 ml bottle for my 100 mg nic to mix out of) it's much easier than allowing the VG to warm up more to get some out.

Thanks Eskie! That makes a lot of sense. I haven't made juice yet, but I'm sure I'll be DIYing soon thanks to the flavor ban. Are most recipes written using nic in VG? If so, would converting them be difficult, or is it all done in a DIY ejuice calculator?

Reactions: stols001

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Thanks Eskie! That makes a lot of sense. I haven't made juice yet, but I'm sure I'll be DIYing soon thanks to the flavor ban. Are most recipes written using nic in VG? If so, would converting them be difficult, or is it all done in a DIY ejuice calculator?

Recipes are written in whatever nic the person who wrote it used. To use someone else’s with a different nic just plug the details in a juice calculator. Really, all you want from someone else’s recipe is the flavor names and %.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY

Yup, just plug it into your calculator and it will adjust the PG/VG additions to the ratio you prefer.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Recipes are written in whatever nic the person who wrote it used. To use someone else’s with a different nic just plug the details in a juice calculator. Really, all you want from someone else’s recipe is the flavor names and %.

Thanks DeloresRose!

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
I've got 100 mg. nic in a 100% VG base, but since I prefer juices with 70% PG and a lot of throat hit, doesn't it make more sense for me to buy additional 100 mg. nic in PG?
In my limited experience PG base for Nic is just easier to work with especially if you're going to store it long term in a cold space

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
JustWondering1 ,when I vaped 70pg juices I bought my nic in 75pg/25vg mix Now that I've switched to 50/50 I bought my last nic in 50/50 mix ratio.

As Eskie said, the recipe calculator will give you the right amounts for your recipe if you you input your pg/vg ratio into the setup parameters. The PG/VG ratio in your nic only slightly affects the amount of PG and VG needed for the recipe since it's a small portion of the total.

I freeze my nic bottles and put the bottle I'm using in warm water for a few minutes before I start mixing. For me, 100ml glass bottles work well in breaking down nic into smaller bottles for DIY. That way, you are only warming up a small amount for a DIY mix session.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eskie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread