The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Does it matter which way I install coil legs?

Discussion in 'RDA' started by Joe Vito, Mar 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Joe Vito

Joe Vito Senior Member

Feb 13, 2018
    Like on a 4 post system, am I suppose to put the leg that rolls over into the first post hole, or the leg that rolls under...does it matter?

2. SupplyDaddy

SupplyDaddy I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 21, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    As long as one is on the inside post and the other on the opposite outside post, No

• Like Like x 2
  3. Joe Vito

Joe Vito Senior Member

Feb 13, 2018
    Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Don29palms

Don29palms Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    The only thing that matters is a leg is in the positive post and a leg is in the negative post obviously. On a 4 hole post like a twisted messes RDA you can use just the 2 center holes if you want to with smaller coils. Or you can use all 4 holes. When I put round wire coils in my TM30 I just use the 2 inner holes. What RDA are you reffering to?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Joe Vito

Joe Vito Senior Member

Feb 13, 2018
    Recoil rebel. I did just order a Drop however so as soon as that arrives it’ll be a breeze

• Like Like x 1
  6. Don29palms

Don29palms Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    I don't have a recoil rebel but what I said still stands from looking at the pictures. It looks like that deck is designed to put the lower leg on the inside and the upper legs on the outside.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Joe Vito

Joe Vito Senior Member

Feb 13, 2018
    Thanks so much

• Like Like x 2
  8. AzPlumber

AzPlumber Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2011
    Arizona
    As stated above as long as one side is positive and the other negative the coil will fire. However, depending on atomizer design, airflow may limit your options.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Asbestos4004

Asbestos4004 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2013
    I usually put my right leg in, then I take my right leg out. Again, I'll put my right leg in...but this time I shake it all about. I follow up with the hokey pokey and turn the RDA around....that's pretty much what it's all about.
    But, the advice offered above is good too . Totally your call.

• Funny Funny x 8
  10. Zaryk

Zaryk Super Member Verified Member

Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    I have only played around with the recoil rebel RDA, but if I were to build it I would make sure to put the leg that is higher on the outside. This will make it much simpler to wick.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.