Does liquid go bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been enjoying the flavor of the Turkish Blend from Truevapor.com and the last couple of days I have noticed the flavor isn't quite as good as it was before. I've had it since 4/22 and still have a little under half of it left. I was wondering if the taste is due to it being old or something? Did I have it go bad on me? I'm right now cleaning the battings out hoping that will fix it but the liquid doesn't even have the same smell it had before, almost smells a little more dull than it did when I first got it.

maybe thats my problem, I've been carrying my bottle of liquid around in my shirt pocket back and forth to work every day, maybe it's getting too warm by carrying it, and I've left it in my car during work a couple times. Plus when I'm at home I leave it sitting on my computer desk which is where I am most of the time but it's not extremely warm in here.

The Nic content doesn't fade away at all during time does it? Just curious, feel I'm getting a little less throat hit to.

CatVTTV

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2009
Tyne & Wear, UK
www.cpnewcastle.co.uk
I believe the liquids have a shelf live of around 2 years. But as TDM says, I decant my juice into small bottles to carry around with me, mainly in case I break the bottle...lol

Also you are right that your taste buds can get used to a flavour and as such not taste it.

I have been vaping Ecopure for a few weeks, and someone asked on the boards does Cherry have a taste of tobacco, and do you know I couldnt remember, so I loaded a Cherry cart and it tasted better than I remember...lol

Also I was just thinking, that I wasnt tasting the caramel in the Ecopure, so a change is as good as a rest, as the saying goes.

I have been mixing analogs and ecig, 3 analogs a day so maybe it could be that. And maybe it's just the consistent taste of the same flavor over and over and over again. I just ordered the sample pack from JC to try a few different flavors so I can see if changing it up now and then changes the way this stuff tastes. I was about to order another bottle of the Turkish Blend but get the 18mg instead of the 24mg this time just to have for when this one ran out but I'm glad I didn't yet if the flavor is going to taste like this from now on. I was really enjoying it, don't get me wrong I'm still enjoying it, just the flavor seems weaker than it did.

Glock

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2009
I have been thinking the same. when I first tried RY4 I thought it was sooo yummy and tasted like cotton candy. Now I find myself mixing in menthol vanilla trying to get that same flavor as the first time I vaped it which I just added to a cart that appeared empty but was used with Vanilla and Menthol prior. I hardly notice the cotton candy flavor any more, but it is still pretty tasty. Oh, sometimes I don't inhale and let the vape sit in my mouth so I can taste it which helps...

Thinking our taste buds get use to it and I will need to switch up flavors and I just ordered a ton of RY4. Maybe I was vaping it more like a cigar when I first got it and not inhaling as much.

Come to think of it I had 2 901's loaded with the stuff and it tasted so much better in one of them for some reason (when I first got the RY4). Maybe I am just not getting the mix right... I keep trying only the RY4, then I try mixing with some menthol, then I try mixing with some vanilla. But usually the RY4 on it's own taste good a little menthol helps the throat hit and makes it smoother and cooler...

I also have the sample pack coming from JC and a couple hundred dollars in RY4, capuccino, menthol, cream from another suppler of e-liquid. I should have plenty of juice to play with next week.

Man, I am like 1,500 bucks into all this stuff in a couple of weeks between my wife and I and fear of the FDA (oh this includes the original 250 bucks I wasted at the kiosk in the mall to get started which bought me (1) super mini e-cig kit (401??) and some nasty juice that taste like a wet dog, LOL)...

Last edited:

scintar

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Pinellas Park FL
I've been enjoying the flavor of the Turkish Blend from Truevapor.com and the last couple of days I have noticed the flavor isn't quite as good as it was before. I've had it since 4/22 and still have a little under half of it left. I was wondering if the taste is due to it being old or something? Did I have it go bad on me? I'm right now cleaning the battings out hoping that will fix it but the liquid doesn't even have the same smell it had before, almost smells a little more dull than it did when I first got it.
Quote from one MFG,
Q: I'd like very much to know about long term storage of favourite flavours.
A: Keep in a cool dark place. It should last up to 18-24 months.

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
Yes liquids go bad. After 3 days you must remove them from your home. Lucky for all of you, I run a juice containment facility. PM me and I will give you the address where you can safely send your 4 day old juice. As an introductory offer to ECF members, I am offering this service at no charge.

Thank you for your compliance in this matter. The juice you save may be my own.

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
- You do get used to flavors pretty quickly it seems, so changing flavors does help.
- Keeping it in a bigger bottle and carrying it around - not only the matter of warmth (nic starts to disappear at pretty low temperatures, if I remember right even below body-temperature allready) but to help that along you also have a lot of air in an emptying bigger bottle - for both reasons better to use a small bottle and keep the bigger one in the fridge (or even, if you have a very large bottle, divide it into a few smaller bottles, having all but the last one full to the top; use the last one to fill up the small bottles, don't open the next till that one is empty).
- There are reports that flavor seems to rise to the top a bit. So better give it a shake before dripping, else a lot of the flavor might be gone when you are halfway through the bottle.

Hope this helps a bit for the next bottle(s) :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread