Does Lots of Vaping Make You Feel Tired?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaZeR

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
USA & Canada
Hola,

For the past week I've been vaping from morning to night, and throughout the day I drink 3 to 5 coffees, chew a couple pieces of nicotine gum, smoke a couple of cigarettes, sometimes ONLY ONE of: bike ride, rollerblading, run, tennis, gym, and OFTEN feel tired, or feel like taking a nap. The reason for the additional couple pieces of nicotine gum per day and smoking a couple of cigarettes is coz I've been out of vaping for a while, all my eLiquid is 24 mg/ml but very old & kept in the freezer, and also added a bit of my own VG. As you can see, my Join Date is Aug 2013.

So, just around a week ago, substitute the "vaping" part above to smoking around 3/4 pack of real cigarettes per day ~ keeping everything else the same ~ and I NEVER felt sleepy!!

Nicotine Intake is supposed to make you more alert so just wondering ~ does a lot of vaping make you tired?

How do you create a POLL on this forum?? THANKS!!

Last edited:

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Yes, you have to drink water! Also, I love coffee, and have cut down from 3 cups to 2 cups. Too much just seems to backfire on me (still keeps me up at night, but doesn't make me more alert during the day) The one thing you didn't mention was food. Hydrate and eat good food (not just junk food) Eat breakfast... not just sugar in your coffee. Nicotine is an interesting compound... sort of relaxing at first (physically) but stimulates your mind. How much you vape, how much nic, and how much nic gum? Moderation is always a good thing.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Hola,

I've been vaping from morning to night, and throughout the day I drink 3 to 5 coffees, chew a couple pieces of nicotine gum, smoke a couple of cigarettes, sometimes go for a bike ride, or rollerblading, or run, or play tennis, or go to the gym, and OFTEN feel tired, or feel like taking a nap.

Substitute the "vaping" part above to smoking around 3/4 pack of real cigarettes per day ~ keeping everything else the same ~ and I NEVER felt sleepy!!

Nicotine Intake is supposed to make you more alert so just wondering ~ does a lot of vaping make you tired?

How do you create a POLL on this forum?? THANKS!!
Standard boiler plate advice: if you’re experiencing a medical symptom see a medical professional.

We are not medical professionals.

The only even vaguely common medical reaction from vaping I’ve seen here (other than what I would assume is the statistically normal number of crazies) is allergic reactions to one component or another of the juice that can usually be remedied by avoiding that component. The stuff doesn’t keep you from getting sick from other things though, and sometimes smoking can mask the symptoms of other ailments so while switching to vaping may not cause an ailment it can sometimes reveal a previously existing one. Plus there are all the weird things your body goes through when it starts to eject all the junk years of cigarettes stuffed into you.

Too much nicotine can make you tired And nauseous. Too much caffeine can do it too, after it wears off. There’s also the other usual suspects like not enough good sleep, some sort of ailment, any number of things.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Substitute the "vaping" part above to smoking around 3/4 pack of real cigarettes per day ~ keeping everything else the same ~ and I NEVER felt sleepy!!

That 3/4 pack of ciggies per day contained all kinds of other chemicals that can affect the body in various ways, ie. as stimulants. With vaping, you're getting the nicotine, but not those other chemicals.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Thanks for the narrow down ~ this MIGHT be it ~ will give the same schedule a couple more weeks.
There’s a list somewhere around here of various things people can experience when detoxing from tobacco.

No idea where it is though I’ve seen it linked once or twice.

There are a number of fairly bad things that can cause severe periodic fatigue, as well as a host of minor ones. You only get one body. Take care of it.

Remember though: WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS.

The internet is a terrible place to seek medical advice and the boilerplate see a doctor thing is boilerplate for a reason.

LaZeR

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
USA & Canada
What strength nicotine are you vaping and how many ml per day?
They're all 24 mg/ml but very old & kept in the freezer coz I've been out of vaping for a while, and also added a bit of my own VG, hence the additional: couple pieces of nicotine gum per day and smoking a couple of cigarettes. Why do ya ask?

Last edited:
  • Creative
Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
They're all 24 mg/ml but very old & kept in the freezer coz I've been out of vaping for a while, hence the additional: couple pieces of nicotine gum per day and smoking a couple of cigarettes. Why do ya ask?
Dual using AND nicotine gum AND max level nic AND 5 cups of coffee a day, huh? That would probably kill me dead. I’m an old man though.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@LaZeR - Forgot this in my previous post, to help explain why I mentioned those chemicals in smokes.

I'd pretty much been like the Energizer Bunny all 42+ years I smoked. I could work outdoors 8 hours in our Florida heat, stay up until all hours of the night, etc., and rarely if ever felt tired. But within about 6 months of my totally quitting...I was gaining weight, my energy level was noticeably declining, and I was taking naps that I'd never needed.

My endochronologist told me that quitting smoking definitely has an effect on metabolism. Not getting the chemicals from the cigarettes that I smoked for 42+ years had definitely affected mine.

Have you seen your doctor and/or had any bloodwork done recently? If not, I'd recommend it. Better to have something checked than to just ignore it and let it go.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Um switching between elderly nicotine, nicotine gum, and then smoking on top of it would probably make me tired and I would call me LAZY by temperament but fairly energetic nonetheless.

Pick something. Stick to it for a while. It also might be worth a medical professional like, giving you some advice on your "vaping" (it is not vaping, it's like schizophrenia) habit.

You will be tired simply because you are giving yourself something different every day. Good lord, the body enjoys homeostasis it ACTIVELY seeks it out and you seem to be doing EVERYTHING possible to confuse it.

That is my OPINION not my medical opinion by Holy GHOST.

Anna

LaZeR

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
USA & Canada
@LaZeR... Have you seen your doctor and/or had any bloodwork done recently? If not, I'd recommend it. Better to have something checked than to just ignore it and let it go.
Not yet coz I stopped 3/4 pack smoking real cigarattes only around a week ago, and RE-started the vaping + nicotine gum routine, so for now will go with the chemical/smoking withdrawal theory for a couple more weeks to determine if that might be why I feel sleepy &/or tired.

Last edited:

LaZeR

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
USA & Canada
... You will be tired simply because you are giving yourself something different every day. Good lord, the body enjoys homeostasis it ACTIVELY seeks it out and you seem to be doing EVERYTHING possible to confuse it. ...
?? Well everything else stayed the same. The ONLY think that's different is swapping 3/4 pack per day smoking real cigarettes, versus vaping + couple pieces nicotine gum + couple cigarettes.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread