Does Nicotine change the flavor of the E-Liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
It has a slight flavor, but adding enough to go from 18 to, say, 24mg isn't going to change the taste much, unless you are adding rather weak nicotine solution in which case the flavor change will be mainly from dilution.

Don't try to "step-up" your juice without doing the proper calculations. You can get away with winging it if you're using real weak nic solution. But then, you'll be diluting the flavoring to the point that it will probably be noticeable.

fxesuperglide77

Verified Member
Jan 3, 2013
new york
Thanks, I want to add nicotine because my liquid i use only comes in at 18mg
Calculate? Heck i just want to add a couple or dozen drops of pure nic to my clearo to feel the nic buzz
Am i over doing this stuff? I still feel the need for nic in my brain.
I still have to have an anolog or 10 with my morning coffee(s).
I really need to get off these dumb ... killer sticks.

Heavyrocker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Toronto,Canada
Calculate? Heck i just want to add a couple or dozen drops of pure nic to my clearo to feel the nic buzz

You have pure nicotine,be care man with that stuff.

billo

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Wesley Chapel, FL
I've vaped 36 mg for over 3 years. No problem. Have heard of others vaping 45 mg.

Do not mess with pure nicotine (I doubt if you can even buy it.) It can kill or injure you just being on your skin.
For mixing, I don't use anything stronger than 100 mg= 10% nicotine, and I use gloves.

Check out the ECF DIY forum for more hints.

fxesuperglide77

Verified Member
Jan 3, 2013
new york
I've vaped 36 mg for over 3 years. No problem. Have heard of others vaping 45 mg.

Do not mess with pure nicotine (I doubt if you can even buy it.) It can kill or injure you just being on your skin.
For mixing, I don't use anything stronger than 100 mg= 10% nicotine, and I use gloves.

Check out the ECF DIY forum for more hints.
AHHHH Thank you, I will have a gander at that

Heavyrocker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Toronto,Canada
Its not like i am playing around with cinide is it?

Its worse,just one drop of pure nic on your Skin will make you ill,5 drops will kill you,,,SERIOUS.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/288685-raw-nicotine-pure.html

Do not attempt to do anything with it. Pure nicotine is extremely toxic and should not be handled by anyone without professional expertise.

Please dispose of the nicotine by taking it to your local pharmacist.

It is as dangerous as pure potassium cyanide.

Note that pure nicotine is far more dangerous than high-strength e-liquid because it will be rapidly absorbed into the bloodstream if there is a spill on the skin. This is not normally the case with e-liquid because the nicotine seems to be bound or 'locked' by PG and/or VG, and there appears to be a time window in which the liquid may be rinsed off. This will not be the case with pure nicotine.

Simply opening a bottle of it can result in a room filling with toxic fumes - it should only be handled in a fume cabinet. If you don't have a fume cabinet then DON'T BUY IT.

Last edited:

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011

When I started I had one liquid in a higher nicotine, and an inexpensive ($20-$25) 5V box mod with a 3.0 carto for those times.

Some suppliers, maybe not all but some suppliers will sell liquid in higher nicotine concentration if you ask them. A combo of high voltage plus higher nicotine did the trick and I didn't have to do that too long. Might help you in the morning.

If you get 10 ml of your 18, and add 5 ml of 48 mg. nicotine base, you'll have 28 mg. But, you will dilute the flavoring.

fxesuperglide77

Verified Member
Jan 3, 2013
new york
When I started I had one liquid in a higher nicotine, and an inexpensive ($20-$25) 5V box mod with a 3.0 carto for those times.

Some suppliers, maybe not all but some suppliers will sell liquid in higher nicotine concentration if you ask them. A combo of high voltage plus higher nicotine did the trick and I didn't have to do that too long. Might help you in the morning.

If you get 10 ml of your 18, and add 5 ml of 48 mg. nicotine base, you'll have 28 mg. But, you will dilute the flavoring.

Thanks, can i go higher?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread