Does nicotine really give ANY throat hit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aburk3

May 10, 2015
I've been vaping for a couple of weeks now and I'm confused on the point that nicotine delivers a throat hit. I first bought nicotine free (I'm not transitioning from smoking cigarettes, I only vape for smoke and flavor), and the ejuice was 80/20 PG/VG. This ejuice absolutely killed my throat. So I understand that the high PG ratio is responsible for it.
But then I tried some EGO ejuice which was 18mg nicotine that my girlfriend gave me and it had absolutely no throat hit. It was cheap stuff and didn't have the PG/VG ratio on the bottle though so I don't know if it was just high VG. However, the flavor was very intense, which leads me to think that there must have been a decent amount of PG in it to carry the flavor. So my question is does nicotine really have any throat hit? Has anyone else tried high nicotine concentrations with a high VG concentration and received much throat hit?
Thanks

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
I've been vaping for a couple of weeks now and I'm confused on the point that nicotine delivers a throat hit. I first bought nicotine free (I'm not transitioning from smoking cigarettes, I only vape for smoke and flavor), and the ejuice was 80/20 PG/VG. This ejuice absolutely killed my throat. So I understand that the high PG ratio is responsible for it.
But then I tried some EGO ejuice which was 18mg nicotine that my girlfriend gave me and it had absolutely no throat hit. It was cheap stuff and didn't have the PG/VG ratio on the bottle though so I don't know if it was just high VG. However, the flavor was very intense, which leads me to think that there must have been a decent amount of PG in it to carry the flavor. So my question is does nicotine really have any throat hit? Has anyone else tried high nicotine concentrations with a high VG concentration and received much throat hit?
Thanks
Things that carry throat hit.....PG, nicotine, and many citrus flavors. Some flavors can mellow out TH... So even though Nic gives TH, a high pg citrus at 12mg will most likely have more TH then a high VG vanilla at 18mg. It's also subjective, flavors/pg/vg/nic affects us each differently :p

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
The nic does give a throat hit and so does pg but the amount of nic in juices is rather low in volume compared to the pg/vg.
The 18mg juice could have been 50/pg 50 vg and your juice before at 80 pg the 30 pg difference would be a lot more volume than the nic in the solution.
If you were to have 80pg with 18mg nic that would be strong.
So yeah the pg probably adds a bit more throat hit than the nic due to there being a larger volume.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I mostly vape zero nic juices and I can't get any real TH with anything other than nicotine. However some things can diminish that TH. First off, some nic has much more of that peppery flavor and harshness (TH) than others. I vape a fairly harsh nic becuase I want to maximize TH and nic flavor without using a lot of it. For me, this is the biggest variable.

After that, different flavoring can affect it a bit and PG/VG mix a bit, but not nearly as much with my nic as the nic itself. OTOH, if you're vaping a really smooth nic, flavorings and PG/VG content become more of a factor.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Thanks

a dry hit produces severe throat hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread