Does Tasty Vapor Make Liquid That Tastes like a cigarette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Well, one has to broaden their horizon in juice flavorings to have a preferred liquid, and I, knowing about addictions, substance abuse, and almost considered work in this area CAN attest to the fact, from that field and first hand experience, many people ARE looking for something that tastes like their former habit because they are indeed not really ready to quit or try something else.

And there is a DIRECT correlation between someone not finding that this e-cig tastes exactly their former habit, finding this fault, that fault with the act, I can educate you to the fact that yes, this is a classic case of "not ready to quit" and will likely return to their former habit.

Someone who IS measuring the e-cig against an analog for critique is clearly someone who still views a cigarette as a superior product to be contended with. I don't see someone who does this as someone who is likely to stick with an electronic.

mwahle1

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL. USA
Sorry Mr Tasty Vapor, I think there is a misunderstanding here. I agree 100% with what you stated. We are discussing two different positions from different viewpoints. Your perspective is from people who are trying to replicate their smoking habit. My perspective is from users, like myself, who are not trying to replicate cigarette smoking, but rather sometimes enjoy the tobacco flavors because they are one of the only flavor that is not overly sweet. Therefore, people who are trying to replicate cigarette smoking or their habit, have a much greater chance for relapsing back to smoking. Whereas, people like myself, who sometimes like the tobacco flavors due to its lack of sweetness; I believe in these cases the chance of relapse would be independent of the flavor. Overall, I believe the argument lies with why one is choosing a tobacco flavor.

By the way, your Atomic Fireball replicates the candy very accurately. I highly recommend it:)

Last edited:

whimzkool

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2009
DFW
Did you give the Tobacco Menthol a 2nd try? I wasn't crazy about it at first either, but it grew on me quick. :)

It has a sweet, musky aftertaste I've grown to love. :wub:

p.s. It's even better in a 510 mod. Lots more vapor...

Gotta agree w/Banjo on this. Mostly because I don't have a big sweet tooth. TV's tob/menthol is my "go to" vape. So much so that I just purchased two bottles of tobacco and two bottles of menthol. I would like to experiment adding the tob and menthol to other flavors, in addition to sticking with my fave combo. I did also order a bottle of raspberry/menthol as it sounds like a good combo, also had to try the butterfinger base on the rave reviews!
My husband, a non-smoker, loves the smell of TV's tobacco. Always leans his head into the cloud!

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I think my entire point was lost. My point had everything to do with conditioned behavior associated with smoking. That I felt that trying to come up with a "burning cigarette" flavor, as I have been asked on numerous occasions, was completely counter-productive to the whole ideology behind vaping and staying away from cigarettes.

whimzkool

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2009
DFW
But there are few who try and drag it back and try and make the new experience as much like their old experience as possible. We sadly believe these are the types that are likely to chuck their e-cig in the trash and just go back to the analogs. It's simple psychology, if you're trying to make the e-cig taste like a cig, simply put, you weren't ready to make a switch and aren't likely to have a huge success with this new product.

You'll need to be ready and willing to change your associations from the old act for the new act to have any positive impact.

I appreciate what you are saying, and I applaud you and thank you. As I am very fond of your tobacco, I would probably fall in the e-cig chuckin' category. Until I find a good flavor I really like as well, the tob. does give me a level of comfort, and, dare I say it?.... familiarity with my old smoking habit. Just be happy knowing that even for those who are still searching for the most satisfying experience, you provide a product that helps with the transition. I am frankly amazed I am doing as well as I am. So, I didn't set out to replicate smoking at all, and have been hoping to like a lot of the flavors out there, it just hasn't worked out that way for me. However, it has been an adventure so far! I am just glad that I have found at least one flavor that keeps me off the cigs while I continue to look for what works best for me... who knows, maybe it will be that butterfinger that's en route!
I am perfectly happy to change my associations, so, if anyone is willing, I will try all the samples you are willing to part with!

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
Do you really think that if you vaped the flavor of your favorite analog and were out and had your batteries die or forgot juice that you wouldn't be more likely to go buy a pack and smoke? Compared to someone that vapes a non analog flavor I would say that it's much more likely.

I would say that's pure speculation. I know for me personally, the "need" to get a fix has very little to do with the flavor.

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
I think my entire point was lost. My point had everything to do with conditioned behavior associated with smoking. That I felt that trying to come up with a "burning cigarette" flavor, as I have been asked on numerous occasions, was completely counter-productive to the whole ideology behind vaping and staying away from cigarettes.

I'm still very new to this, and I have been (and will continue to) look into nice tobacco flavors. I'm not looking for a "burning cigarette" replica. What I'm looking for is something comfortable that I can go to on a daily basis, a regular vape. Since I've been smoking tobacco cigs for so long, I kind of expect that flavor to be a tobacco inspired flavor. I could be wrong about that.

A burning cigarette stinks, but nice tobacco is a very aromatic thing. Blueberry cheesecake just isn't going to work for me as a regular item. I'm real curious about a Halo's Freedom/Smooth8/Harley liquids and Johnson Creeks Tennessee Cured.

But now I'm also curious about TastyVapor's Horchata flavor :)

mwahle1

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL. USA

Sorry for diverting your post.

VapinDove

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2009
PA-USA
www.allpathsjewelry.com
I'm going to go middle of the road here. Funny, I had the opposite attitude when I began, then came to realize that Mr. TV's theory is right on for me.

I felt that if in my 1st purchase, I bought just tobacco, that I was genuinely trying to kick the cigarette habit rather than just "diverting" my craving. I was wrong.

I hated the tobacco flavors out there when I began and quickly got on the bandwagon to try many other flavors. Glad I did because if only tobacco was available, I would have quit vaping the 1st week.

Now that it's been 2 months of steady vaping, I like the icky tobacco 1st thing with my coffee - then done for the day. Coffee and a facsimile of tobacco goes better. For the rest of the day, the flavors I choose depend on what I've eaten. I vape about 10 flavors per day. I get sick of each one after a cigarette's worth. Not only that, but some days I love a flavor, some days I can't stand it.

For what it's worth, I had to buy the Atomic Fireball with all its great reviews. I didn't like it at first. Now I love it. Before I couldn't taste any sweet - now I can.

I believe our taste buds go thru a transition period during the process of giving up the analogs.

IMHO, if I were to turn an earnest person off to smoking once they got their kit, I would advise them to smoke tobacco for a few days, then switch to a bakery vapor. The difference is so extreme, that there's no denying the taste of their breath is so much better with the latter.

If someone smokes analogs near me and I get that craving...all I have to do is smoke my tobacco flavor to snap me out of it.

I would have to agree with Mr. TV that if I still craved tobacco at this point, then I still missed my analogs. Everyone is hard-wired different.

Last edited:

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Hmmm...I don't think I was hinting at the fact that if someone bought tobacco flavor, then they were missing their analogs.

My point again, was being asked to replicate the flavor of a BURNING CIGARETTE, as in just like the flavor of a lit analog cigarette.

Which I found pointless.

I actually don't mind tobacco flavor on occasion and it reminds me a LOT of the smell of when you JUST open a pack of fresh smokes, that sort of dried fruit smell one gets, and I get that from vaping my tobacco flavor. No analog ever tasted like that after I lit it.

I think "Tobacco" is just a familiar thing to vape for people just making the switch. But to turn that around and add a flavor of combusted material?

No thanks.

Last edited:

VapinDove

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2009
PA-USA
www.allpathsjewelry.com
That I felt that trying to come up with a "burning cigarette" flavor, as I have been asked on numerous occasions, was completely counter-productive to the whole ideology behind vaping and staying away from cigarettes.

Sorry Mr. T - I got that impression from the above quote. Don't worry...we all have days where our point is missed. :D

Madame Psychosis

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2009
East Coast Gypsy
Right. I'm afraid I may have sounded as if I misconstrued the point as well with my comment about "searching for a Parliament taste", but I did understand what you mean, and it has nothing to do with liking tobacco-flavored liquid or not. I meant searching for a taste that replicates the old flavor of my burning tar of choice.

No matter what you vape, the experience is different from smoking. Vaping replicates some crucial behavioral aspects of smoking, but not all of them, and it doesn't replicate the taste. (And frankly, I'm now glad it doesn't.)
It doesn't include all of the alkaloids in tobacco or replicate any of the additives in cigarettes, nor does it create the sensation of combustion.
(The pyro in me misses lighting something on fire, but I get that fix in other ways. :D)

While some (lucky) people have picked up an e-cigarette and "accidentally" quit smoking, I think your point rings true in the vast majority of cases.

whimzkool

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2009
DFW
Ah, got it... no, your tobacco does not taste like a burning cigarette, so hopefully no one thought I was implying that. I hope to God that no one ever replicates the actual burnt/acrid tobacco flavor (could already be one for all I know). If one were to suck on a flavor like that, then yes, the switch back to analogs would an easy one. I really thought you meant burning cigarette in jest. So, people have really requested that? That boggles the mind.
Thanks for clarifying, as I was feeling a bit like a loser professing my love for TV Tobacco! Every time I pick up my PV instead of a cig., I feel like it is a small victory, worthy of a notch on my belt. :)

Belletrist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2009
Virginia
Hmmm...I don't think I was hinting at the fact that if someone bought tobacco flavor, then they were missing their analogs.

My point again, was being asked to replicate the flavor of a BURNING CIGARETTE, as in just like the flavor of a lit analog cigarette.

Which I found pointless.

I actually don't mind tobacco flavor on occasion and it reminds me a LOT of the smell of when you JUST open a pack of fresh smokes, that sort of dried fruit smell one gets, and I get that from vaping my tobacco flavor. No analog ever tasted like that after I lit it.

I think "Tobacco" is just a familiar thing to vape for people just making the switch. But to turn that around and add a flavor of combusted material?

No thanks.

oh! :oops:

then we are on exactly the same page... in fact, the last time i tasted a vape that came even in the neighborhood of burning-cigarette my reaction was *ugh*. but the "tobacco" flavors i love--like french pipe/cuban cigar/etc (i haven't tried TV's tobacco yet, but i know i will, lol)... have that wonderful smell you get when you go into an old style smoke shop.. that fruity, rich scent... and they are great with coffee, beer, etc.

i don't want to taste actual "smoke" on purpose ever again, ha. there's nothing truly enjoyable about it--it's something we made ourselves like for one reason or another. but there's definitely something enjoyable about the scent of cured tobacco, translated into, well... a tasty vapor. ;)

crashinbrn

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
south-east Texas
CRASHINBRN.NET
i was washing out some carts filled with 555 so i could re-fill them with my brand new Butter Rum from TV. . i was smelling the carts to see if i was done. i smelled an ashtray. freaking gross. so i guess 555 is one of those attempts to make a 'burning' cigarette. and is why i am so disappointed in all the tobacco flavors.

tobacco has a pleasant smell right out of the pack. i am wondering if TV tobacco flavor is sweet. like a fresh pack smell?

crashinbrn

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
south-east Texas
CRASHINBRN.NET
To me, it smells/tastes like fresh pipe tobacco. Which is why I like it, reminds me of my father who used to smoke a pipe. I am sorely tempted to give him some, as he has been spotted around town with a cigarette. I think he would be in denial though as he doesn't know that I know he has been sneaking cigs.
ok, that is so cool. THAT is what i have been trying to get for 50+ days
certainly not a burning one. i was leary of any more tobacco products because 555 and USA mix are not all that.

i have to put tobacco on the top of the list of flavors to get from TV.
was going to get AFB. maybe i can get both. idk yet.
:):):)* does happy dance*:):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread