Does the cotton in coils need to be prepped with juice directly or.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Will it take six reposts of "No" to answer the question? You do not have to wet the wick before using it.
Sometimes direct experience is worth more than any answer given, kind of like putting your hand on a hot stove. You will learn quickly. I say go for it.

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Why would you need to put drops in the cotton if the cotton is about to be submerged in liquid?

Why would you need to put drops in the cotton if the cotton is about to be submerged in liquid?

Just Couldn't Resist.

LOL

Reactions: CMD-Ky

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
If you don't prime your coil properly beforehand, vaping police will come over and take you to jail.

If you don't prime your coil properly beforehand, vaping police will come over and take you to jail.

Resistance is futile.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
When the coil heats up its heating the cotton and that makes the cotton absorb juice plus the juice itself also get warmer around the cotton that it changes its viscosity helping more to absorb the juice to the cotton.
If u drop some juice on the cotton or coil from the start and then fill and wait few minutes u then take a puff that in that moment helps the coil and cotton heat up and as i said asborb the juice and start working.

If u dont prep the coil with juice in some cases even if u fill the tank and leave it sit for very long time the cotton depending how tight may not saturate 100% and then when u take some puffs u may burn a little bit of cotton on a degree that may cause dry hit or may not but it will still affect the coils performance performance.
Ofc maybe u are lucky and the heat will just absorb the juice and fully saturate the cotton but ehy take the risk and need to wait so much while with couple od drops on the coil u can then wait few minutes and vape knowing your coils are properly preped and will last as much as possible.

Definitely agree with this. I always wet the wick before I assemble the tank, except once in a while I forget. Don't like disassembling the tank because that moves the wick around and it can be hard to get it positioned again, bits of fiber get pulled through the coil and so forth. I've filled a tank up with a dry wick and left it overnight, but still got a slightly burnt taste. That doesn't happen when you soak the wick.

Ed Brown

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2019
North-Central PA (flyover country)
Once I put in the work of rewicking, I don't want to let it sit, I want to try it out. Priming speeds up the process.

Also, after I prime it and everything is soaked, I'll fire it before putting it back together. If it crackles and pops I can try to adjust the cotton to make it stop.

Reactions: CMD-Ky

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
What!!! You never put a carto tank together & forgot to prime the carto!?!
Where were you hiding when the earth was still flat?!?

"...still flat"? Who went and messed stuff up? I just looked out my window and, but for a few hills, it's still flat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread