Does the straw cart mod work with the Lady Pipe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cellmeister

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2009
Beantown, USA
I was wondering if anyone has tried it on the mini-pipe and if it works well. I've done it on my Dura and 801, is the mp any different?

Yes It Works Fine In The Mini-Pipe. You May Find You Won't Need It.

Mini-Pipe: More Important Is To Keep Fresh Charged Up Batts & Changing The Batts. I Keep Changing The Batts If I Am Chain Or Heavy vaping Heavy. There Is Nothing Wrong With The Batts They Last, But The Pipe Works 10 Times Better With Fully Charged Batts.

Mini-Pipe: When The vape Slows Down Sometimes, Some People Think They Need juice & Flood It Out, When They Really Needed A Fresh Batt and Then Complain The Pipe Sucks When It Was Only The Low Batts!

FYI Mini-Pipe: You May Not Notice The Batt Is Low Before The 3 Blinks, So Better To Change It Early Then Later.

~Keep Vapin~!

Last edited:

Cellmeister

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2009
Beantown, USA
Thanks, guys. I ordered a mini-pipe and it should be here tuesday. I'm taking the time before it arrives to research the heck out of it. :)

Do the batts come pre-charged?

Hi KreeL,

No Batts Really Come Pre-Charged, But Will Have A Charge (Steve @ PS Used to Pre-Charge When he Was New). Charge Those Batts A Good 6 to 8 Hrs Before (after 1st charge 3 to 4 hours) U Use Them, Buy some spare batts & a universal 2 batt charger too if you vape alot. I Am sure u read below, there is really nothing else about the MP that u can or have to do for any boost. ;)

The MP Kicks .... & Is My Fav Besides the Stick Now. In Fact I have (5) MP's and always have a few with me for vaping! I love the MP Vape Flava! :D

Enjoy Your New MP!

~Keep Vapin~!

Last edited:

Kelemvor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2009
Germany NRW
Hi KreeL,

No Batts Really Come Pre-Charged, But Will Have A Charge (Steve @ PS Used to Pre-Charge When he Was New). Charge Those Batts A Good 6 to 8 Hrs Before (after 1st charge 3 to 4 hours)

i doubt that, the sealed DX batteries come charged at 4.21 Volt, my last ordered LadyPipe batts had 4.21 Volts. and these initial charge claims suppliers still do, are really not necessary. the charge stops if the batt got its fullcharge voltage or if the charger decides sooner. there is no magic in letting them sit 8hrs longer.

what is true, you should not store batts away fully charged.
and you should discharge them from time to time (every ~30 cycle) near their cuttoff voltage.
this will ensure optimal charge and longer battery life.

have a re read at Welcome to Battery University

Last edited:

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Kreel...Of all the atomizers I have tried the mini atomizer was the only one that I was able to vape the cart bone dry. To this day I have not had any device compare to the old originally released minipipe. Far stronger throat hit than the 510 and better taste and vapor as well. The only problem was I went through 11 atos in 30-35 days. Lately I haven;t heard of people complaining about dieing atos on their minipipes...I wonder if they have improved them?...I wonder if they vape as good as before? I did try different 801 atos on the minpipe but none were comparable to the originals.
Does anyone know were to get original minipe atos that last more that a week of heavy vaping. Thanks in advance.

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
Kreel...Of all the atomizers I have tried the mini atomizer was the only one that I was able to vape the cart bone dry. To this day I have not had any device compare to the old originally released minipipe. Far stronger throat hit than the 510 and better taste and vapor as well. The only problem was I went through 11 atos in 30-35 days. Lately I haven;t heard of people complaining about dieing atos on their minipipes...I wonder if they have improved them?...I wonder if they vape as good as before? I did try different 801 atos on the minpipe but none were comparable to the originals.
Does anyone know were to get original minipe atos that last more that a week of heavy vaping. Thanks in advance.

I had exactly the same experience with the mini-pipe and had to give up with it because I couldn't afford to keep buying new attys. I think I got through a total of 14/16 atties altogether in about the same length of time.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
I know Pete...I am trying to figure out if maybe they have improved them since we got the minipipe. You know what I am talking about when I say they were absolutely great atomizers when they lasted. I have tried all type of ecigs and none of them have the satisfying combination of taste, vapor and throat hit. I am hoping maybe we got a bad batch or maybe they have improved things since then.

If anyone is a heavy vaper and knows of a place who sells minipipe atomizers that last and they stands behind their product please let us know.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Pete there is a way to test if the bowl is at fault….do you have any minipipes atomizers left and do you have 801 batteries? It is very easy to make them work with each other….all you have to do is cut notches on the atomizer band….for air flow. Now if your atomizers work on the 801 battery and last a long time then you’ll know your bowl is the problem if they die off fast you’ll know that it is the atomizer. I don’t have any working 801 batteries or minipipe atos left…or else I would do it myself. I never thought it was the bowl or else I would have done this a long time ago.

KreeL

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
West Texas
I know Pete...I am trying to figure out if maybe they have improved them since we got the minipipe. You know what I am talking about when I say they were absolutely great atomizers when they lasted. I have tried all type of ecigs and none of them have the satisfying combination of taste, vapor and throat hit. I am hoping maybe we got a bad batch or maybe they have improved things since then.

If anyone is a heavy vaper and knows of a place who sells minipipe atomizers that last and they stands behind their product please let us know.

I was just perusing the eastmall.net site and notice they sell the mini-pipe attys/batts/carts. Apparently they have a good warranty as well. I just received my new mini-pipe and my atty is working fine so far. :)

I'll probably order a couple spare batts and attys just in case. My 801 stainless attys from MVS don't work. They don't have the two little holes. Can anyone show a pic of where to place the notches on the band? How deep, how many?...and what about Naomi?:confused:

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Kreel...how does it compare to the 510? I was one of the first to order the minipipes and the Vapor produced by it was off the charts as well as the throat hit. The best part was the flavor. Is it still performing that way? I got one of my units from eastmall and bunch of spare atos from David as well. Anyway, they kept dieing off every couple of days. Please let us know of your progress.....trying to see if ato life has improved since then.

You can use a Dremel or hack saw and just put notches on the edge of the band...start off with one 1.5mm notch. If you don;t get enough airflow add another 1.5mm notch. Usually two will be enough. I tried using different 801 atomizers on the minipipe and none of them were in the same league.

KreeL

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
West Texas
I love them both. I get a much stronger immediate throat hit with the 510, but I actually can get lung hits from the mini-pipe. Vapor is massive from both, but thicker with the pipe. There is big flavor from both, but the flavors taste different in them as well. One thing I noticed, is that I can sit with the mini-pipe and vape for a long, long time without even thinking about it. In fact, it's hard to put down. :)

So for now, I found a great combination. Different instruments with different mentalities. As long as I have both, I'm totally satisfied.

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
I think if money was no object then I would have simply used a new atty every couple of days because for those first couple of days with a new mini pipe atty ..vaping was perfect.

Hi Edo..no I don't have any more atties for the mini pipe and although I tried modding it to use a RN 4072 I ruined it by making the draw far too easy.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
I love them both. I get a much stronger immediate throat hit with the 510, but I actually can get lung hits from the mini-pipe. Vapor is massive from both, but thicker with the pipe. There is big flavor from both, but the flavors taste different in them as well. One thing I noticed, is that I can sit with the mini-pipe and vape for a long, long time without even thinking about it. In fact, it's hard to put down. :)

So for now, I found a great combination. Different instruments with different mentalities. As long as I have both, I'm totally satisfied.

Hey...Kreel it seems like the unit you have is a good one and is performing well...like the ones I had. The reason I am mentioning this...is becuase I have talked to people who said that their minipipes had little vapor or throat hit and their 801s performed better. I have never tried a 801 that was remotely in the same leauge as the minipipe. Do us a favor and let us know how it is performing for you in a couple of weeks. For Pete and I the atos would fall off a cliff every couple of days.

I also like how you could really relax when vaping with the pipe. It was very hard to put down. Have you noticed how you can almost go through the whole cart without topping off?

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
I think if money was no object then I would have simply used a new atty every couple of days because for those first couple of days with a new mini pipe atty ..vaping was perfect.

Hi Edo..no I don't have any more atties for the mini pipe and although I tried modding it to use a RN 4072 I ruined it by making the draw far too easy.

Pete...I am tempted to buy some 801 batteries and some minipipe atos and run a side by side test. Run some of the atos on my minipipe and some on the 801 batteries....and see which group lasts longer. Hopefully both groups last longer than a couple of days. They must of imporved the atos since we got them. I really have a feeling either we had a bad bunch of attys or bad bowls. I can't imagine people would keep buying the minipipe if the atos would last them a couple of days. Have you heard of others having this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread