Does the straw cart mod work with the Lady Pipe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KreeL

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
West Texas
Okay, EDO. I bought several of the mini-pipes. My wife chose the woodgrain, and I have the matte black. Both have been rockin and rollin for 4 days straight (knock on wood). I am using the total no-tinker rule with these two. I take the batteries out at night and store the pipes horizontally. I am not blowing out the attys, or removing the attys at all. Only taking off the carts to top them off, and I'm not topping them off all the way up. I think the sweet spot on these is the center of the cart usage.

The characteristics of these pipes are unique and different from the 510. The carts seem to go a very long time between refills - sometimes I even forget I'm vaping on the same refill for an hour or more. The performance is so perfect at times that it FEELS like a real pipe.

What awesome devices these are. We both love em.

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
Okay, EDO. I bought several of the mini-pipes. My wife chose the woodgrain, and I have the matte black. Both have been rockin and rollin for 4 days straight (knock on wood). I am using the total no-tinker rule with these two. I take the batteries out at night and store the pipes horizontally. I am not blowing out the attys, or removing the attys at all. Only taking off the carts to top them off, and I'm not topping them off all the way up. I think the sweet spot on these is the center of the cart usage.

The characteristics of these pipes are unique and different from the 510. The carts seem to go a very long time between refills - sometimes I even forget I'm vaping on the same refill for an hour or more. The performance is so perfect at times that it FEELS like a real pipe.

What awesome devices these are. We both love em.

That's exactly why if I could afford it I would just keep on buying new atomizers every few days. the vaping experience with the pipe is brilliant.

Last edited:

KreeL

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
West Texas
That's why if I could afford it I would just keep on buying new atomizers every few days. the vaping experience with the pipe is brilliant.

There has to be something here that we're missing. These are designed to last longer than a few days. I believe the secret lies somewhere in how we maintain them. The attys that come with the pipe seem robust and work flawlessly (at least for me so far), so there is likely something profoundly different about them from run of the mill 801 attys.

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
Hi kreel I don't know about 801 atties I have never had any of those to take apart but I have taken many mini pipe atties apart now and comparing them to a RN 4072 the differences I can see between them are that the Mini pipe atty has fibreglass wicking material draped from the bridge over the coil and there is also more of the metal wicking mesh wrapped around the atties coil pot sides and bottom on the mini pipe. I guess that's what makes it work better the coil itself looks pretty much identical.
I am tempted to get a couple more mini pipe atties and then using my mod to do a dry burn clean on them...seeing as I am having so much luck with doing a dry burn on these RN 4072 atties.

Last edited:

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Pete...I was thinking...that maybe the people who told you that the bowl was the problem are right. I just remembered that I got bestecig atos to see if they would work with the minipipe better. If you look around ECF many people feel that the Bestecig 801s are the best. Well they would work horribly on my minipipe. I mean the taste was so bad it was like vaping burnt rubber. I just figured that I got a bad bunch...but that would be a huge coincidence...I got a bad bunch of bestecig atos and minpipe atos at the same time?

Silver

ɹǝʌןıs
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2008
New Zealand
Hi all,

I've been vaping the Mini Pipe for many months now and yes, they are really great when they're working properly, but they do sometimes have a very short life span.

I received a CentralTrade (RoyalSmokers) order of Mini Pipes recently with 10 spare atomizers. Interestingly, some of the spares were 2-hole atty's and some were 4-hole. I have not yet been able to ascertain whether one is better than the other.

Of the 10 spares, one has died completely so far. Some of the atty's were too harsh on the throat in the beginning, but I found that if I let them sit upside down for a while (weeks), they seem to improve :confused: ? Don't know what's up with that.

From some 'inside information' that I have been able to obtain, I understand that CentralTrady/RoyalSmokers aren't too bothered about the issues that have been raised about the Mini Pipe atomizers and that they're not doing anything specific to improve the product at this time :(.

For a short while a manual switch Mini Pipe was announced in May, but it has disappeared completely from the CentralTrade site and hasn't reappeared yet. I would be very interested in that ! As you may know, the CentralTrade site was hacked recently and still seems to be down. I just checked the RoyalSmokers site and it says that the Mini Pipe with manual switch is "not yet ready".

Their Order Portal now points to E-liquid Shop CN instead of the CentralTrade site, but unfortunately I haven't been able to find spare atomizers for the Mini Pipe on there as yet. David Yang from Eastmall indeed sells them (for a good price too !) and these are also the originals.

I do understand however that some of the Mini Pipe atomizers will not work with DSE-801 batteries at all, while some work well; it seems a bit hit and miss on that score.

All in all, despite the issues with the atomizes, I still love this device very much and it has become my PV of choice. Getting the correct balance between the atty being too wet or too dry is indeed crucial, but I seem to be getting the hang of it lately :D. I think I'll be sticking to it as I love the flavour and the size of this device very much indeed !

Cheers,
Silver

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread