The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Does this deal appear too good to be true?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by catilley1092, Nov 22, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. catilley1092

catilley1092 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 3, 2013
    North Carolina, USA
    I've been wanting a 3 battery mod for some time, yet my favorite brand in Vaporesso has yet to produce one, although am expecting them to at some point. Found a deal on a iJoy Captain X3 Triple 20700 324W TC Vape Starter Kit with batteries for $35 shipped!:thumbs:

iJoy Captain X3 Triple 20700 324W TC Vape Starter Kit w/ Batteries

Please keep in mind the Topic title. This kit (mod & tank) costs 2x the amount elsewhere & these also ships with batteries, plus 18650 adapters. Most of us knows that just the 3 of these 20700 batteries alone, if quality & safe to use for this type of device, will cost $30 (if purchased as separates). Of course, deals can be found on bundles of batteries, with 2, 4, 6 & 8 being popular. I presume 6 is among the list of some vendors are for those who has a three battery mod & needs two sets. Makes sense.

Having been suckered into not only one, but three of the Spectrum KAOS mods by Sigelei, some time back, now look at purchases with caution. There are some good reviews on the mod (just as there were for the KAOS). Two of the reviews led me to the site linked above, where I seen it on promo before searching for reviews. What I'm getting at, are that there's fake reviewers (or those that gets a cut per click or sale).

I'd like to think this is a good deal, yet my gut feeling tells me that even if it's not a clone, maybe a recertified device, although doesn't state this in description. Nor does it say that it's new. And normally, one shouldn't have to ask, yet every other site which has this mod charges between 2 to 3x the cost.

So how can Direct Vapor practically give this kit away?:D

Anyone have experience with this mod kit? I could care less about the tank, if that helps. The mod & battery bundle is what I'd like, at this price, if it's not junk.

Thanks for any advice given & please feel free to be honest.:)

EDIT: When buying from Direct Vapor, as I very well know & to let anyone reading this also to be aware of, one the package has been opened, there's no refund given. Packages has to be returned unopened & unused. That's their '60 day' guarantee.

Cat

• Like Like x 1
  2. bombastinator

bombastinator Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    The batteries are by definition rewrap s because I joy doesn’t make their own batteries.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. sdennislee

sdennislee Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 23, 2012
    Alaska
  4. catilley1092

catilley1092 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 3, 2013
    North Carolina, USA
    Thanks for your fast responses!:thumbs:

I figured it was too good to be true, even though some sites are sold out of these when $79-89. All goes back to 'we get what we pay for'.:D

I figured that & iJoy isn't the only one engaging in this practice.:(

Am a huge follower of Mooch & have purchased batteries, mainly Sony VTC5A. Based on his recommendation as the best 18650 battery for high drain vaping power. And the brown LG HG2 3000mAh batteries when vaping on the STM & various tanks which were .45 ohms of higher. It could be by now, the Sony VTC6 has replaced it, as the LG HG2 has been counterfeited like no other. Fortunately, I have 4 good ones.:)

Thanks for the link, was hoping that even if I had to purchase my own batteries, the mod alone would be a good deal. Battery doors coming open isn't a promising sign & I ran across another 3 battery mod which faced a similar issue, although forgot the brand (could had been Wismec). It wasn't rated a top of the line mod, I recall that much & Wismec had issues, although again, can't remember if that was the exact one.

Personally, am not a fan of loading batteries from the bottom, at some point, all will need work on the hinges or door, or will break & then have to do some home engineering if parts aren't available. The only good ones like this I own are the Vaporesso Switcher, nice & tight. Unlike the very floppy Spectrum KAOS, a total piece of junk. Their Moonbox/Moonshot combo was no better, if Sigelei was trying in 2017 to market a 1st gen device as a novelty item, they done a great job. After all, this is 2018, most wants digital outputs, not a turning knob for wattage control.:D

Had I known better, could had invested the cash I did on junk such as the above & have at least two quality three battery mods like linked above. Yet I was still kind of new to mods & got burned, as did many of us at some point. That's why I now ask before pulling the trigger on a suspicious deal.:)

Looks like my mind is made up on this deal, will have to wait a bit longer to feel the full effect of my triple core SMOK TFV12 Cloud Beast RBA edition. Am vaping at 80W with the 0.15 ohm coils installed & am just getting a decent taste (less than desired), plus even as good as the Sony VTC5A happens to be, vape half a tank, time to swap for another pair. That's what keeps me from upping to 100-120W, this prebuilt tri core deck eats the best of dual 18650 batteries alive. Will likely revert back to the twin coil RBA, don't want to kill these batteries.

Hopefully will get some Christmas cash, enough to purchase a quality 3 battery mod with.:thumbs:

Thanks for your fast and kind advice!:)

Cat

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    All I have to say is: IJOY.

I actually hate them worse than Smok. Their stuff is just all kinds of terrible. I mean, I hope it works out for you, but like I won TWO of their Ijoy Capitain mods or whatever, and I instantly hated them both. To be fair, the husband's is still operational, and I don't know what the kiddo did with his. I knew I would have killed them instantly, so may you have better luck.

But yeah if you are gonna get junk, might as well pay as little as possible for it. Two wrongs, etc.

Anna

• Like Like x 3
  6. vapdivrr

vapdivrr Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    Sounds like something, that in a few months will have issues . Whenever I buy something cheap and a week goes by, I say to myself, "man I wish I would of put in another 50 bucks and got the better one". So maybe just hold off a few weeks until you save the extra and buy something with better reviews. Sometimes I just put away that 10 bucks a day I was paying for smokes and before you know it, you have a good amount for a little better device. Or you can try it, perhaps it won't be too bad...good luck

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  7. dripster

dripster Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 18, 2017
    Belgium
    For a regulated mod between medium-high and high power (chain vaping up to ~120 watts) I always recommend the Reuleaux RX Gen3 by Wismec. The battery door on it is excellent, the size of the mod is small enough to be comfortable, and, the ability to install ArcticFox firmware is a compulsory feature IMO because, by using the NFE Tools software, it lets you edit your own custom power curve that automatically scales up or down with the wattage you set on the mod; the fact it automatically scales is due to it using percentages instead of using wattages. AFAIK all non-ArcticFox mods that can do custom power curves (also including the expensive DNA mods) are seriously lacking user-friendliness because they are so primitive they don't automatically scale their power curves, which is why they always remind me of Fred Flintstone driving his car. :oops:

• Like Like x 1
  8. bubba106

bubba106 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 14, 2018
    I have 3 Ijoy products and they work fine, 2 of them I've had for a year, but I have heard this one has a not so great battery door that really can't handle 3 batteries so you might want to look elsewhere.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.