Does this site want way too much info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varelse

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Western Central IA
After a lot of searching I found a flavor and mg at a good price to mix with my zero% 60/40 juice. I went through the purchase at www.eliquid.com and after giving my email, cc#, address and phone they processed the order and THEN wanted a govt photo id with another photo id & current selfie combo. or part of your ssn all to verify age. I don't trust random servers with that all info so i was wondering what others thought or if they went through this here or anywhere else? My last online order was in 2018 with vapecraft, before that plumeroom. easy peasy. is this extreme id thing new?

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
After a lot of searching I found a flavor and mg at a good price to mix with my zero% 60/40 juice. I went through the purchase at www.eliquid.com and after giving my email, cc#, address and phone they processed the order and THEN wanted a govt photo id with another photo id & current selfie combo. or part of your ssn all to verify age. I don't trust random servers with that all info so i was wondering what others thought or if they went through this here or anywhere else? My last online order was in 2018 with vapecraft, before that plumeroom. easy peasy. is this extreme id thing new?

The FDA has been cracking down on age, so some places want your first born in order they don't get dinged..

They will only ask you do this once and then your all set. Because of this I have certain companies I do business with so my information is being held by fewer businesses..

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
This is one of those problems that needs a technical solution. Sort of an age verification VPN. Part of the problem is the personal information of others can have immense monetary value though and it’s hard to give up. Worse even if a company won’t sell or otherwise misuse your data the stuff has so much value that unscrupulous companies will buy up other companies just to get their hands on the data.

There needs to be a law so bad it’s astounding.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
When I was back in the UK in the Spring, two companies wanted a photo of my Driving Licence as part of their Age Verification Process (Wismec and Totally Wicked ) Both my Local Neighbourhood Watch and Police Scotland advise against giving out copies of such documents as I told them by phone, but they were adamant... and so didn't get my business, and won't again.

I now only am prepared to deal with either Amazon ( some of the Brit Companies selling as partners through Amazon have been known to me for years ) or those with whom I already had accounts.

In Spain it is normal when the Postman comes to the door with a parcel for you from abroad if you are an expat for him/her to ask to see a Passport, the number of which he enters into his machine and gets you to sign it; this I do not mind.

Varelse

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Western Central IA
Thought I'd update. Not really a rating but despite only the partial verification -DL photo and last 4 ssn the package arrived. 100ml, 50/50, 30mg/ml. Has light, clean watermelon flavor but needs some time to steep. In my past few experiences 24-30 mg juices had a funky aftertaste or try to bury the nic with too much flavoring. Should make a nice 15mg blended with my 0mg juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread