Does tobacco combustion produce vapor too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piruz

Feb 12, 2021
Obviously enough there's no smoke in tobacco vapor (heat not burn) but is the opposite also true? Is there vapor in tobacco smoke as well?

The reason I ask is because my body seems to react negatively to vaping e-juice so I'm hoping tobacco vapor doesn't feel the same because if smoking already has vapor in it then there should be no reason for me to react negatively to tobacco vapor anymore than tobacco smoke.

Reactions: Izan

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Yes,
When smoking a cigarette, some of the components are vaporized in the hot air down-stream from the actual combusting material. So yes, the inhaled smoke from a cigarette would have a small vapor component.

Which negative reactions are you having?
Have you tried Snus?
How long did you smoke and how many per day?

Cheers
I

Piruz

Feb 12, 2021
It's good to know there's vapor in smoke as I am looking to go 100% vapor and don't want any disappointments like with vaping. As to what bothers me in vaping it's both the PG and the nicotine that make me feel sick. That's funny since I have been smoking the strongest nicotiana tabacum plant, called Dokha, for 6 or 7 years now (15 grams of it lasts me up to 9 days).

Extracted nicotine just doesn't feel good no matter how low I go but I will try 100 VG and see if it still bothers me however tobacco is a must for when I'm really feeling exhausted and need a strong kick and that's where I'm thinking heat not burn.

Piruz

Feb 12, 2021
Yes,
When smoking a cigarette, some of the components are vaporized in the hot air down-stream from the actual combusting material. So yes, the inhaled smoke from a cigarette would have a small vapor component.

Which negative reactions are you having?
Have you tried Snus?
How long did you smoke and how many per day?

Cheers
I

Snus as in snuff tobacco?

• Agree
Reactions: Izan

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    BTW: Some vapers who are allergic to PG are able to tolerate some PG, like 10% PG or less. This is important to know because if you are a DIY juice maker, there seems to be FAR more PG based flavors than VG based. So you may be able to tolerate 90 or 95% PG juices.

Also, if 100% VG juice is too thick, you can always use DISTILLED water to thin it. You'll have to research how much DW is too much.

Piruz

Feb 12, 2021
    Do explain to me what this Snus is, please.

I try vaping 70/30 (3 to 6 mg nic) every now and then and it's intially tolerable but the side effects kick in an hour later or something. The only time I tried 100% VG was when I vaped 72mg nicotine salt (trying to mimic the one hit Dokha smoke) and it was horrible. Before that I vaped a 50/50 VG PG, 18 mg juice and it felt even worse than 72 mg nic salt.

So as you can see it's never just the PG but the nicotine as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread