Does VG kill attys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cassavetes

Moved On
Aug 6, 2009
Michigan
Well does it? I just ordered my first bottle of vg today. I am on a recession budget so I need to know.

It's the only thing I can think of. I never had an atty give up so quickly with PG.

I noticed I was blowing attys out more when using VG. They seem to clog really easily. Not sure if that's why they burnt out so fast.

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
I mean it must. I killed two today in a 5 hour span on a standard 3.7v eGo. I have attys that have lasted 5 months running PG in them and they still work.

It's the waffle juice I tell ya.

"Killed" as in the coils went "open"?

That is strange... especially on a device as "mild" as the eGo.

cassavetes

Moved On
Aug 6, 2009
Michigan
i can see it dirtying it up fast, but out right killing it?

have you cleaned them out?

I blew one out because I could tell it was a bit clogged.

These were two brand new attys I used for the first time today so I'm not sure how they could have anything in them besides the factory primer.

Never had a problem with my 510 attys. I'm beginning to think 901's are a tad more temperamental no matter the voltage.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
someone can correct me if I am wrong, but vaping pure VG would seem to "gunk" up the element faster and a mere blowing out might not do the job... a cleaning may be needed.

I know my PG/VG mix juices "slow down" my atty function a bit and I have to give em a good cleaning. my dk china juice doesn't effect the atty half as much as my mixes

if the atty is totally busted ... I can't help you with the answer... but if it sizzles (even slightly) while keying the button then gunking might be the problem

This is just based off of my experiences and interpretations of past read posts.

cassavetes

Moved On
Aug 6, 2009
Michigan
lightgeoduck said:
if the atty is totally busted ... I can't help you with the answer... but if it sizzles (even slightly) while keying the button then gunking might be the problem

I cleaned one out and let it sit overnight. Checked it this morning and no sizzle : (

Have you tried waffle juice, lgd? The stuff has the consistency of friggin' syrup.

THELEGACYMAN

Jan 9, 2010
new york
I have PG and VG and wondered what e juice is better. I have been told that the PVs were designed for PG but I find the VG vapor soother than PG and the vapor more robust. Performance wise I like VG but the question looms am I about to go down the road of killing attys. My fav is the e-pipe and the attys cost $30-40 so my concern is amped up a bit. I would love to see some response to this in reference to the e-pipe.

Reactions: Bigredcent
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread