The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Does VG take longer to fully absorb into cartomizers?

Discussion in 'Cartomizers' started by DeanMachine, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. DeanMachine

DeanMachine Full Member

Nov 4, 2011
    Chicago
    Does VG take longer to fully absorb into cartomizers? Lately, I've been vaping more vg in my mix. I had this one juice in a slightly xl lr smok tech carto (usually holds 20 drops) and I must have let 25-30 drops seep into the filler (it wasn't escaping anywhere). I was really surprised to see it absorb that much. I let it sit for 5 mins, and it had a really bad taste to it (like a burned carto). I was thinking that maybe it needs to rest longer to soak into everywhere.

It could be a primer taste, but I thought that was only in attys? Could it have been packed with more filler than the others for some reason? This juice does not have the burning taste when in my atty. Also, I didn't notice it with the first two cartos.

2. pyro13g

pyro13g Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 31, 2011
    NE Ohio
    YES! Get some distilled water and thin it to 20% or less water if it's all VG. make 10ml, put it in a a little cup, put 10ml of VG in another little cup. Swirl each around and note the difference. Then try 20-30% PG. And the VG moves a little better the warmer it is. Might want to warm it up for initial fills.

3. been there

been there Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 30, 2011
    Brooksville,florida
    But also remember that by diluting it it will also bring down the nic mg .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.