Does your door rattle on your Grand or Mini? Read this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
1. It's a personal vaporizer. You load it with juice, a battery, and an atomizer or cartomizer.
2. You hold it in your hand, feed juice to the atty/carto as needed, put the mouthpiece to your lips, and then push the button.
3. vape.

It works like a charm and doesn't rattle when used as intended.

If you're bothered by the door rattling against the body, you're probably doing this:

boy_with_maracas.jpg

Stop doing that.

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
I don't mind people complaining about it.

Its an issue for enough of us that we have found ways to fix it.
So in a way I guess it was broke ..... hence the "fix"

My very first grand with the flat black anodize never rattled once though.

My black mini with the glossy anodize was pretty bad.

And the new nickel plated one is even worse. I notice it when its in my shirt pocket making noise with almost every step.
I'm pretty sure the nickel plate is applied thinner than the anodizing .... that would explain why its looser than my other one.

I understand what your saying though. It does work perfectly when used as intended.
But I do sometimes let it leave my hand and enter my shirt pocket ... thats when the trouble starts.

Its certainly not a deal breaker and I keep buying them though :)

Last edited:

Geoscouter

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2010
Missouri
I don't mind people complaining about it.

Its an issue for enough of us that we have found ways to fix it.
So in a way I guess it was broke ..... hence the "fix"

My very first grand with the flat black anodize never rattled once though.

My black mini with the glossy anodize was pretty bad.

And the new nickel plated one is even worse. I notice it when its in my shirt pocket making noise with almost every step.
I'm pretty sure the nickel plate is applied thinner than the anodizing .... that would explain why its looser than my other one.

I understand what your saying though. It does work perfectly when used as intended.
But I do sometimes let it leave my hand and enter my shirt pocket ... thats when the trouble starts.

Its certainly not a deal breaker and I keep buying them though :)

I agree about the nickel plated one as mine has the most rattle as well. It never bothered me with the other two but this one is annoying enough to attempt a fix..... Where did I put that electricians tape? May try the rubber band trick as well since I use the batteries across multiple reos and there is a variance from one to the other. Ultimately I agree it is a small problem in the overall scheme of things but can be annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MacDiver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2010
Morehead City, NC
Guess some of us are nit-picky. I hate rattles. If there is a rattle in my car it drives me nuts till I get it fixed. I got a silver door and it will rattle a little more than my black ones unless I have the tape on the batt postitioned right, usually folded over some.

As for the Reos not being perfect, there are always vairations in processing -especially machining operations - and ways to minimize them that I've studied in my work as an engineering technican at the Naval Avation Depot where I work. It's sometimes called satistical process control or other terms. It's pretty interesting stuff from a manufacturing standpoint. With the Reo, the amount of anodize and paint affect how tight the door is too. That's pretty tight tolerances for items like these. Given that, Rob maintains a really good quality control operation. Peeps are always impressed with the quality and workmanship of my Reos.

I think there is some variation in batt diameter too. I put tape on the right inside of my minis too after reading about the batt movement situation. Works good and thanks to you guyz that discovered it.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread