• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Does Your Pet Perform Tricks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood

My dog hides things on command. Yes, we taught her this. The bad thing, she now hides things that she doesn’t like. One example, she hides hubby’s house slippers that he leaves by the bed. It’s actually funny when he can’t find them, and I can’t really blame her since she is short and closer to the floor--------and the smell.:shock:

beebopnjazz

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
PA
Jack Russells are too funny! There was a little pup at Dakota's 1st set of obedience classes - such a comic he was and sweet to boot!

The instructor wanted Dakota to take the tricks class because he did a whole set of commands for 1 little treat - but we couldn't get our schedules to mesh.

He will roll over- but it does take a little coaxing and a lot of room!

MacArthurBug

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Yes! Pablo is training to be a circus cat. He can "fetch" a pipe cleaner or his favorite fish toy. He's a wonderful mimic, singing chords at the birds outside his window. He "whisper" meows on command, and can sing opera duets with me and my daughter (I'll have to catch him on vid when he's in his opera mood, it's actually kinda dumb/funny)

beebopnjazz

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
PA
Now THAT's a statement! Perhaps a reward system - I used 1 with my son when he was about 10 - we used poker chips and had a point system and some regular and some awesome rewards to cash them in on.

He used them for overnight stays - staying up later on the weekends - movies - a BMX bike - a family trip with his best friend to Cedar Point (that took him a while to save for - and us too!)

Of course it would be more economical if he would do things for small pieces of liver treats...but what can you do?:p

pfft. my dogs and cats do more than my 10 year old son!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread