Doh! trim your wicks .... ViVi Nova Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarenB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2012
LA, CA.
So after hearing so many great things about the ViVi Nova (mini) I bought one yesterday. After deciding what flavor I wanted to commit to for an entire tank, I filled with my old school vanilla and was all set for the flavor sensation and TH everyone had been boasting about. Filled up ... let sit ... toked on it. Nothing ... very little vapor and almost no flavor. So I thought to myself ... be patient let it sit for a little while longer. So I did.

Hit it again ... same thing. Then it occurred to me that the wicks might be too long. So dumped out the juice, trimmed the wicks and that thing is hitting like a champ AND my beloved Vanilla that I haven't been able to get quite right in Stardusts or the atomizer is back. Full flavor and really yummy.

Trim your wicks if you are having this issue ... if they fold down on themselves they don't seem to wick right ... no0b error but quickly corrected!

DrewGrimey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
san jose
yeah, long wicks don't magically pull up the juice into the coil head or do anything special, it's just a marketing gimmick imo, either way your gonna have to flip the e-cig to feed juice into the coil head. Short wicks also waste less juice when it's time to change flavors or clean the head since you dont have 1/5th of your fluid stuck to them.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
In this case the wicks were way too long and were folded into the bottom of the tank. Nearest I could gather is that it wasn't wicking right and I wasn't getting any sort of hit at all. Not nearly what people had been talking about. Trimmed the wick a TINY bit. Vapor production increased a lot and so did flavor.

I think what you will find is that Trimming the Wicks Isn't what makes this type of carto hit better.

It's moving the wick around that does it.

Next time you have a Carto thatIsn't hitting well, try just moving the wick around a little (Wick Fluffing) and see if it does the Same Thing as if you cut it.

BTW - Tilting your PV so the e-Liquid Pools around the Cup works Very Well Also.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hmm, I will have to try this. I have 2 mini Novas that I got recently, and either I'm a noob, had too high expectations, or got some crappy ones, they just aren't hitting that great! I'm getting the vapor, the throat hit is meh, but the lack of flavor is what really bothers me.

Could be the Ohms also.

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
Could be the Ohms also.

They're both 2.4ohms and I'm using ego Twists. I did actually clean them both out earlier and trimmed the wicks, then fluffed them a bit. They seem to be hitting significantly better. I did use two juices I wasn't very fond of just to make sure it was hitting okay so I don't waste my better juices. Gah, now I need to vape all of this so I can try the other juices. I'm just tired of dripping!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread