Dome RBA by atmomixani...genesis style

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cearamm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2013
USA
Hey guys, i searched high and low for info on the Dome by atmomixani and couldnt find much. So i thought id start a thread for it.

This isnt really a review, more of a place to discuss and share tips or builds. I finally received my polished Dome atty yesterday to hybridize my VW nemesis...let me tell you...shes sexy! Im loving the hybrid look.

The deck has 4 (FOUR!!!) wick holes and 4 posts to build on. Dayum! Thats alot of options for a build right there. Right now ive set it up with a simple micro cotton build at about 1.1 ohms. Shes not wickin as well as id hoped, even with a wick plug undone. Im going to try an SS rope build after work. O well....

One amazing thing about this particular genesis atty...it does not leak. Not one drop, even when held upside down. The way theyve engineered the wick holes creates a vaccum inside even when the wick plugs are removed. Nice! To me, this is the most well engineered and though out atomizer i have ever seen. The only other comparison, and its not really even close, is the Steam Turbine by Doc Dave.

Wow, the flavor this thing puts out is literally the best i have ever tasted. Each puff reminds me of my first puff on a dripper, just heavenly.

Oh yea, in addition to adjustable airflow, you have the option to adjust vapor temperature depending on how you position the top cap. Hot, cool, and everything in between. This atty is unbelievably customizable. Like, insane!

Its also the most expensive atty out on the market that i have seen. Its 210 USD plus shipping from vaperev. But believe me, you really do get 210 worth of atomizer with this one. Alot of these "high end" attys do nothing new or innovative and yet cost 150+! This atty really pushes the limits of design and functionality unlike anything ive ever seen.

So guys, anyone else got a Dome atty or thinkig abot one? If you have a nemesis or 69 mod, i implore you to check out some of the amazing atomizer designs that Atmomixani have come up with in the last 6 months. Some truly innovative stuff!

See ya guys, ill post pics below

Cearamm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2013
USA
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

jhelliwell

Fog master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Sheffielld, UK
At last! Another Dome user.

I tried dual microcoils with cotton at 0.9 ohms and the Dome just gets too hot! I never tried SS rope, mainly because I don't own anything good enough to cut through the stuff, but I just bought some serious bolt cutters, so tonight I'm going to try SS rope with an Ekowool sleeve, and some ribbon kanthal.

I put Alien Visions' Gorilla juice through the dual coil build, and I agree, it performs like a dripper. Tasty stuff!

I also got the 5ml update (bigger tank, longer central post) for the Dome, and the Tank Protector which slides over the glass tank.

Anyway someone ought to merge our threads - here's mine, and greetings to you, fellow Domer :)

jhelliwell

Fog master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Sheffielld, UK
How are you finding the airflow? Even aligning the largest holes seems not enough. Not that the draw is too tight, but the perfect vapour quality for me needs more air movement over the coil. It seems that if I want a big tasty huge cloud I have to either pull so hard I'm purple in the face, or just cast caution to the wind and take a big old lung hit.

Thing is... I'm not spending all that $$ on the durn thing to have to take a drill to it..... :)

Cearamm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2013
USA
Well the air control is a bit restrictive. I love lung hits and my main RDA is the omega by lokilab and in dual coil it has 6mm total air flow! Quite a change, but then again i find my KFL+ to be a decently happy medium. I find the biggest airhole acceptable, but im debating drilling out just that one to about 2.5 mm.

The flavor is top notch, but what has really impressed me is how smooth the dang draw is. Even my kfl feels choppy and stuttered and noisy, but when i hit the dome i cannot even hear a thing, and its so amazingly smooooooth. Kinda hard to descrbe but its definitely the smoothest draw ive ever experienced. Maybe its how they chamfered the airholes?

Atmomixani definitely appears to be all about flavor as even their RDAs only go up to 1.8mm i believe. If i decide to drill ill let you know. I will only be touching the isolated single hole, not the 3 bunched together ones.

If youre looking for top quality ss rope that is precut, Kidney Puncher sells some that is great! You want the 30mm length at either 3/32 or 5/64 diameter. Perfect! Im actually gona order a couple feet from vapordna but the convenience factor is deff huge.

Lol first day i had the dome i got the glass stuck on the air control piece and had to break it out. But i ordered a few backups and the glass shield as well. Considering the 510 adapter and the 5ml upgrade. Basically im vaping $500 on my nemesis dome combo. It just feels so good you kno?

I slept with my dome/nemmy lying on my bed horizontally with a full tank and woke up with not a drop of liquid coming out. Im a bit confused as to how this atty is so not popular given how much innovation has been put into it. I woulda expected other makers to copy the pressure release valve to alleviate leaks immediately. So far it seems its flown quite under the radar...

MODERATOR: is it possible to merge both our threads for less clutter within the forum? Thanks a bunch!

jhelliwell

Fog master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Sheffielld, UK
I greased all my O-rings up quite well with VG, because the glass is so thin and fragile. I already cracked two of my Loki tanks because Atmomixani's stuff is so tightly engineered. Your idea of drilling out the tiny isolated hole is a good one, because it is actually completely useless to me. I tried it one time and the air-deprived harsh vape from it gave me a good ten second coughing fit.

My favourite build in the Dome so far was dual vertical microcoils with cotton. The cotton tails sealed the wick-holes completely and I too just can't get the thing to leak. It wasn't wicking all that well until I loosened off the pressure control screw, then it wicked like a charm. I also tried a traditional ribbon coil with mesh last night, and got tons of flavour and vapour.

Glad you're enjoying your Dome and Nemesis combo. I wonder how good atmomixani's dripper is? Gonna watch some reviews :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread